1. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 18:17
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Darn, I was hoping God would 'speak' to you. Oh well.

And I agree with Suzianne and option #2.
    I can remember Ghost telling about the kind of person he his. I would say that if he did not exaggerate, then God has already spoken to him and he is actually following some of the commandments of Christ pertaining to showing love and compassion to those in need.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 18:32
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    I can remember Ghost telling about the kind of person he his. I would say that if he did not exaggerate, then God has already spoken to him and he is actually following some of the commandments of Christ pertaining to showing love and compassion to those in need.
    Ghost will likely deny that God has already 'spoken' to him, and will claim that it's his own personal morals system that's responsible. I doubt that he'd budge a hair to say that he's a friend of Jesus.

But if I recall correctly Rajk, you've said that belief in Jesus is not required, just your actions count.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 18:50
    Ghost will likely deny that God has already 'spoken' to him, and will claim that it's his own personal morals system that's responsible. I doubt that he'd budge a hair to say that he's a friend of Jesus.

But if I recall correctly Rajk, you've said that belief in Jesus is not required, just your actions count.
    When Jesus was preaching His gospel He used the terms "believe Him" and "believe in Him" essentially in three different ways: 
    1) Believe that He has the authority to speak the word of God 
    2) Believe that His words are the word of God 
    3) Believe His words in and of themselves. That is believe in living as Jesus exhorts people to live.

Of the three listed, the first two are as means of getting to the third and not the ends in and of themselves. Those who believe in living as Jesus exhorts people to live and therefore actually do it are His true disciples.

Jesus did NOT use them to mean to believe in the "redemptive work on the cross for salvation", "believe in the resurrection" or what have you - which is what many Christians think.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 19:02
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    When Jesus was preaching His gospel He used the terms "believe Him" and "believe in Him" essentially in three different ways: 
    1) Believe that He has the authority to speak the word of God 
    2) Believe that His words are the word of God 
    3) Believe His words in and of themselves. That is believe in living as Jesus exhorts people to live.

Of the thre ...[text shortened]... alvation", "believe in the resurrection" or what have you - which is what many Christians think.
    I doubt that Ghost believes 1, 2, or 3.

But I could be wrong.

Either way, I have never seen Ghost post a message that wasn't poised and that lacked respect to who he was talking to. I have attacked him, while drunk, and he never replied in an angry way. For that he has well earned my respect.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 19:121 edit
    I doubt that Ghost believes 1, 2, or 3.

But I could be wrong.

Either way, I have never seen Ghost post a message that wasn't poised and that lacked respect to who he was talking to. I have attacked him, while drunk, and he never replied in an angry way. For that he has well earned my respect.
    My post wasn't meant to address whether or not GoaD is doing it.

Rather it was to address the following sentence that you wrote. I should have made that clear. The point was to elaborate a little on how the gospel preached by Jesus supports the idea that "actions" are much more important that "beliefs".
    <<But if I recall correctly Rajk, you've said that belief in Jesus is not required, just your actions count.>>
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 19:15
    My post wasn't meant to address whether or not GoaD is doing it.

Rather it was to address the following sentence that you wrote. I should have made that clear. The point was to elaborate on how the gospel preached by Jesus supports the idea that "actions" are much more important that "beliefs".
    <<But if I recall correctly Rajk, you've said that belief in Jesus is not required, just your actions count.>>
    Some will argue that if your "actions" follow the teaching of Jesus, then by default you "believe" in Jesus.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 19:19
    Some will argue that if your "actions" follow the teaching of Jesus, then by default you "believe" in Jesus.
    True that.

Yet the vast majority of Christians will insist that when Jesus says to "believe Him" or "believe in Him", He means to believe in the "redemptive work on the cross for salvation", "believe in the resurrection" or what have you. The fact is that Jesus never said anything of the kind.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 19:20

What a man says is of no consequence.
    Christians can proclaim that they believe and love God all they like.
    NonChristians can proclaim nothing all they like.

All righteousness is of God
    All sin and evil is of the Devil.

Jesus is there watching who it is that feeds him and clothes him.
    Jesus has zero interest in proclamations of faith
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 19:21

Belief in Jesus Christ and God is required for Christians.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 19:23
    Belief in Jesus Christ and God is required for Christians.
    Are you getting all Paul on chaney?
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 19:24
    Darn, I was hoping God would 'speak' to you. Oh well.

And I agree with Suzianne and option #2.
    Yep, it was a long shot.

😞
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 19:26
    Are you getting all Paul on chaney?
    😀.. I want him to ask me why.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 19:27
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Yep, it was a long shot.

😞
    Maybe you can try being less arrogant? 🙂

It could help.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 19:29
    😀.. I want him to ask me why.
    Okay, I will ask why?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 19:42
    Okay, I will ask why?
    The bible contains rules and guidelines for Jews, Christians [Jews & Gentiles] and NonChristian Gentiles.

Those who are in the Christian category are in the most privileged position because they have first hand the teachings of Christ and the promise of Christ of eternal life if they follow Him. These Christians must have both faith in Christ and good works. They are the elect of God, a chosen people who are picked to serve with Christ during the millennial reign

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree