1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 14:037 edits
    "In a century which gave us relativity theory, quantum theory, superstring theory and chaos theory, is it preposterous to think that there are major surprises also waiting for us in the human mind? When mathematicians are debating whether there are seven, eleven, or thirteen dimensions to our universe, when astrophysicists are considering whether black holes might be portals to other dimensions and quantum physicists are mapping particles that pop in and out of physical existence, coming from and returning to we know not where, is it really…absurd…to consider the possibility that our minds may not be restricted to the simple four-dimensional spacetime world we can touch with our fingers and toes?" pages 38-9

"The seminal insight being articulated is the discovery that parts cannot be meaningfully isolated from the systems in which they exist. In the subatomic world of quantum mechanics and the macro-world modeled by non-linear mathematics, all individual, particulate existence shows itself to be inseparable from its corresponding fields. Individual pieces of life cannot be realistically isolated from their surrounding matrix. ..Our challenge at this point is to …grasp the fact that what is true of the living systems that surround us is also true of ourselves in the deepest possible sense." page 156

Readers,

What you do after you have been dazzled by all this truly fascinating science theory, and God still is not real to you, is ...

go to the privacy of your room, consider your life and pray to the Lord Jesus in light of these words -

" ... Jehovah's hand is not so short that it cannot save; Nor is His ear so heavy that it cannot hear.

But your iniquites have become a separation between you and your God, And your sins have hidden His face from you so that he does not hear." (Isaiah 59:1,2)

I advize you to confess you are a sinner and receive Christ as Lord thanking Him for the forgiveness of your sins.

God is not real to you because your sins have made a separation from Him.
    God seems an unreal philosophical exercise instead of available precious "Father" because your iniquities have made it so that you cannot get a prayer through and hear Him speak.

However you imagine the characteristics of the physical universe the problem of your alienation from God is not solved there. It is nothing that interesting which is the problem.

Sins, wrong doings, real guilt which needs real forgiveness ... these have caused the separation. These have caused the obstacle to touching God. These have caused the insulation making God not real to you.

The separation is taken away in coming to Jesus Christ for redemption through His death on the cross for your sins. He is risen and is available supernaturally as the forgiving Lord and Savior.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 14:10
    Are you jaywill?
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 14:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you jaywill?
    he is
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 14:16
    Yes. I informed the board of that previously.

HI !
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jan '13 14:20
    And I think my chess has gotten a tad better.
    I hope, I hope, I hope.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Jan '13 04:35
    Originally posted by josephw
    Can't you read?

"In the beginning God created..."

Are you blind?
    Some people don't read that far. Example: JS357. 😏
  7. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    14 Jan '13 12:13
    Originally posted by josephw
    Is there no end to "theory" and "speculation"?

How about some solid evidence? All I read in the quotes you provided is a confabulation of ideas and concepts without a single tangible.

Why can't these lofty minded people find a way to feed the starving instead of producing impractical and inapplicable verbiage.
    Some of the facts are stated in the post. But as you bluntly ignore them, even before I offer others, refuse to discuss them and say black is white, science is bunkum come to Jesus etc etc, there is little point in entering an intelligent discussion with you about the substance of the post. Its sad because it's the one part of science these days that indicates a breach in the reductionist materialist stance that truly attacks human hope and spirituality at its core. You just don't get it, do you?

A number of other "blind faither's" posts also fall in to this category, and I wish them well in their refusal and/or mental weakness in engaging in proper discussion. You all obviously cannot put up any decent arguments or discussions from your position and fail miserably and weakly in your responses. You do not represent your faith very well at all actually. Have you ever read Paul Tillich? A bit like kids at school poking out their tongue, nah nah na na nah na ha. I'll move on to more serious posters. Thank you for you non-contribution. Most unfortunate and unedifying.

Have a look at non-locality. Its a proven fact. Seems absurd but yes, its a proven fact. But you won't even look, lazy blind one. It raises deep questions about this universe and the nature of our existence - and in favour of a more spirtual view of the Universe. Perhaps you could have a go by reading "Science and the Re-nchantment of the Cosmos" by Ervin Laszlo. But no, you will ever remain in your fearful blindness, clinging to some pre-scientific papers of a primitive world view..
    As for caring about the poor and needy, that is a total irrelevant red herring to the discussion at hand. So to discuss seriously now anything that requires a little mental effort and a modicum of reading indicates a lack of compassion? How stupid. Can't you do better than that?

The usual "spiritual" slanging match - and I'm in. But just to stir you to some thing approaching expansion of spiritual awareness, yours or any of us. As a unique person, you no doubt have something unique to offer and yet we get the same useless merry go round. Read some of this stuff and it might actually help your faith, make it stronger and more defensible! And that goes for all of the blind faithers. There is the real absurdity.
  8. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    14 Jan '13 21:15
    Originally posted by sonship
    Yes. I informed the board of that previously.

HI !
    Glad that you're still hangin' about!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree