1. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 11:42
    I already know Dylan is Jesus, but is Jimi god? Philosophical thoughts gentlemen?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 15:23
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    I already know Dylan is Jesus, but is Jimi god? Philosophical thoughts gentlemen?
    The Beatles are bigger than Dylan... just saying todays youth knows more about the Beatles than Dylan, not trying to cause any crap.

-John Lennon
  3. Forgotten
    Moves
    24 Jan '06 01:28
    A guitar god yes
    God Incarnate maybe
  4. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jan '06 06:46
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    Dylan is a man who craps like me and puts his pants on one leg at a time as I do. When he dies, he will be judged as any man. Hendrix was a guitar-God, if there ever existed such a being, but alas, he too is/was a mere mortal man who is by now a decomposing skeleton.....
  5. Forgotten
    Moves
    24 Jan '06 07:23
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    Dylan is a man who craps like me and puts his pants on one leg at a time as I do. When he dies, he will be judged as any man. Hendrix was a guitar-God, if there ever existed such a being, but alas, he too is/was a mere mortal man who is by now a decomposing skeleton.....
    'cuse me while I up and die.
  6. hammersmith
    Moves
    24 Jan '06 19:23
    what kind of a question is that? clearly one limited to being confirmable only by egocentric air guitarists with a limited range of musical anthropology at their disposal! Jimi was a legend - and so may be deified at some point when some weird rock cult in 200 years time loses all touch with objective historical reality. Dylan is not jesus, jesus was jesus, duh. To clarify - Jimi is a legend, Dylan is a modern messiah and I'm pedantic about these things being a big fan of both musicians and some kind of objectivity about it to boot. Check the dictionary guys, words are defined for a reason. hope that settled it for y'all.
  7. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    24 Jan '06 19:31
    Lemmy is God🙂
  8. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '06 20:13
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Lemmy is God🙂
    'Tis true, legend has it he can make your lawn die whilst merely living next door! 😲
  9. hammersmith
    Moves
    25 Jan '06 00:15
    my next door neighbour was lemmy's chief roadie for 10 years or so of tours, so I guess that put's me closer to god than all of you!!! Exept I don't believe in anything based on the hearsay of mob mentality induced by institutions that seek only to propagate themselves by offering false truths to people who would otherwise be more inclined to discover themselves as individuals.
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Jan '06 02:22
    Originally posted by TomP
    what kind of a question is that? clearly one limited to being confirmable only by egocentric air guitarists with a limited range of musical anthropology at their disposal! Jimi was a legend - and so may be deified at some point when some weird rock cult in 200 years time loses all touch with objective historical reality. Dylan is not jesus, jesus was jesus, duh ...[text shortened]... ot. Check the dictionary guys, words are defined for a reason. hope that settled it for y'all.
    Jesus was Jesus, that is true. But Hendrix and Dylan are better than Jesus. They have done more to improve my quality of life than Jesus ever did.
  11. hammersmith
    Moves
    25 Jan '06 03:02
    damn good call, I like your style. Got to say that maybe dylan and a few of the wisest of that generation may not last like jesus. Copywright law will stop their lyrics being abused like jesus got hijacked though!
    Bill and Ted spring to mind as the ideallised fictional rock and roll 2'nd coming that some people seem to be seeking here!?!
    Could the gospels have been a gross parody along the lines of 'this is: Spinal Tap'? Maybe in 2000 years people will believe that was a real documentary, and rock fans of the future will qoute ironic lines believing them to be profound!!!
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '06 04:47
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Jesus was Jesus, that is true. But Hendrix and Dylan are better than Jesus. They have done more to improve my quality of life than Jesus ever did.
    ..i think that this is a very sad statement...
  13. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '06 07:19
    What lameness....expected, though......at least you stay the course....
  14. Forgotten
    Moves
    25 Jan '06 07:26
    That stamement is the lamest and stupidest thing ever posted.
    I am jealous now. 😞
    Guess I have to kick it up a notch....BAM!
  15. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    25 Jan '06 07:26
    Course Jimi is God! Bow down to Jimi!! Jimi bless you! JIMI BLESS YOU!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree