1. Joined
    09 Feb '07
    Moves
    1194
    25 Mar '07 20:27
    The universe is big, really big.
    So big that for some, the only possible explanation is a creator god.

    As it is so big, I'm not convinced that one god would be enough. Surely it would take 2 or 3, or possibly 20 or 50 or 1,000! Maybe the Universe is so complex that there are gods everywhere!

    Why shouldn't this be true? Thoughts?

    (Thanks to Nick Gisburne for the question)
  2. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    25 Mar '07 20:54
    Originally posted by Tyto
    The universe is big, really big.
    So big that for some, the only possible explanation is a creator god.

    As it is so big, I'm not convinced that one god would be enough. Surely it would take 2 or 3, or possibly 20 or 50 or 1,000! Maybe the Universe is so complex that there are gods everywhere!

    Why shouldn't this be true? Thoughts?

    (Thanks to Nick Gisburne for the question)
    Your idea of God is small, really small.
  3. Joined
    09 Feb '07
    Moves
    1194
    25 Mar '07 20:58
    So, you're saying that your god was big enough for the job? What's up with my postulated 'other' gods?
  4. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    25 Mar '07 21:45
    Originally posted by Tyto
    So, you're saying that your god was big enough for the job? What's up with my postulated 'other' gods?
    Your idea is as old as the hills. Read Acts 17 and about Mars Hill. They worshipped all sorts of gods, and even had an unknown idol, in case they missed one.....

    Acts 17:16-27
    16 Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was provoked within him when he saw that the city was given over to idols.
    17 Therefore he reasoned in the synagogue with the Jews and with the Gentile worshipers, and in the marketplace daily with those who happened to be there.
    18 Then certain Epicurean and Stoic philosophers encountered him. And some said, "What does this babbler want to say?" Others said, "He seems to be a proclaimer of foreign gods," because he preached to them Jesus and the resurrection.
    19 And they took him and brought him to the Areopagus, saying, "May we know what this new doctrine is of which you speak?
    20 "For you are bringing some strange things to our ears. Therefore we want to know what these things mean."
    21 For all the Athenians and the foreigners who were there spent their time in nothing else but either to tell or to hear some new thing.
    22 Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, "Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious;
    23 "for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you:
    24 "God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.
    25 "Nor is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.
    26 "And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,
    27 "so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;
    (NKJ)
  5. Joined
    09 Feb '07
    Moves
    1194
    25 Mar '07 21:47
    ...but do they exist?
  6. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    25 Mar '07 21:49
    Originally posted by Tyto
    ...but do they exist?
    In a way. But they are not Gods, the bible calls them demons, some are just wood and stone.
  7. Joined
    09 Feb '07
    Moves
    1194
    25 Mar '07 21:51
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    In a way. But they are not Gods, the bible calls them demons, some are just wood and stone.
    Ah no. I mean other gods like God. Not these tuppenny jobs.
  8. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    25 Mar '07 22:06
    Originally posted by Tyto
    Ah no. I mean other gods like God. Not these tuppenny jobs.
    No. Lucifer is called the "god of this world" in the bible.
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Joined
    27 Apr '05
    Moves
    8592
    25 Mar '07 22:09
    Originally posted by Tyto
    The universe is big, really big.
    So big that for some, the only possible explanation is a creator god.

    As it is so big, I'm not convinced that one god would be enough. Surely it would take 2 or 3, or possibly 20 or 50 or 1,000! Maybe the Universe is so complex that there are gods everywhere!

    Why shouldn't this be true? Thoughts?

    (Thanks to Nick Gisburne for the question)
    Go Wiki "Shinto". They have enough Gods for everyone!
  10. Joined
    09 Feb '07
    Moves
    1194
    25 Mar '07 22:21
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    No. Lucifer is called the "god of this world" in the bible.
    So there is more than one god, or are you saying there isn't?
  11. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    25 Mar '07 22:32
    Originally posted by Tyto
    So there is more than one god, or are you saying there isn't?
    There are no other Gods. However, men worship many different gods, real or unreal, ie., money, lust, etc. Then there are those who worship Satan, the sun, the moon, etc.
  12. Joined
    09 Feb '07
    Moves
    1194
    25 Mar '07 22:39
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    There are no other Gods. However, men worship many different gods, real or unreal, ie., money, lust, etc. Then there are those who worship Satan, the sun, the moon, etc.
    How do you know there aren't any other gods?
    Do you have evidence?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    25 Mar '07 22:431 edit
    Originally posted by Tyto
    How do you know there aren't any other gods?
    Do you have evidence?
    Maybe there is only one NOW, after the God Wars. Or maybe the last two just killed themselves.
  14. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    25 Mar '07 22:44
    Originally posted by Tyto
    How do you know there aren't any other gods?
    Do you have evidence?
    I cannot answer your questions. You have to come to God yourself with a humble heart and He will answer your questions.

    Prov 2:1-5

    1 My son, if you receive my words, and treasure my commands within you,
    2 So that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding;
    3 Yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding,
    4 If you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures;
    5 Then you will understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
    (NKJ)
  15. Joined
    09 Feb '07
    Moves
    1194
    25 Mar '07 22:59
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I cannot answer your questions.
    Anyone who actually can? (Who has a RHP account and can post on the forum, ie: not god)
Back to Top