1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 00:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Orthodox Christians" v "Catholics" and "Orthodox Christians" v "Christians"? Being "an Orthodox Christian" v being "merely a Christian"? What are you on about?
    What I am 'on about' is that it's quite ridiculous to ME that there are SO many different variations of Catholicism and Christianity, that it would be insane....to think it was God's intention for this to happen when the 'Holy Book' was given to us.

I have been disputing the validity of the 'Bible' for a while now. It is supposedly a book given to us by our God, when you cannot get 3 people to agree on any given verse that exists in this Bible. I will also state, that I currently believe in a Creator of some sort, but....this Creator would NOT give us such an inept book. That's what I am on about, FMF.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 00:20
    Originally posted by chaney3
    What I am 'on about' is that it's quite ridiculous to ME that there are SO many different variations of Catholicism and Christianity, that it would be insane....to think it was God's intention for this to happen when the 'Holy Book' was given to us.

I have been disputing the validity of the 'Bible' for a while now. It is supposedly a book given to us by ...[text shortened]... sort, but....this Creator would NOT give us such an inept book. That's what I am on about, FMF.
    Don't worry, the only person here who apparently thinks you are a Christian is Suzianne. 😉
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 00:46
    Originally posted by caissad4
    But isn't that exactly what RJHinds is doing on these forums ?
    Well, that would be a judgement (or judgment, if you prefer), wouldn't it?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 04:59
    Originally posted by JS357
    It would also be interesting to hear from Christians why they choose not to answer your request. Could it be the various Bible admonitions against humans judging humans on such matters, it being God's business to judge and avenge?
    I am a Christian and I have responded.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 05:03

I have been disputing the validity of the 'Bible' for a while now. It is supposedly a book given to us by ...[text shortened]... sort, but....this Creator would NOT give us such an inept book. That's what I am on about, FMF.
    But in your first ever post in this forum to quite categorically state "I have always considered myself a Christian"....

How odd that you claimed only last week "I have never claimed that I was a Christian".
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 11:15
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Being a Christian and following the teachings of Jesus are very different things. Christianity is built upon the teachings of Paul and his followers rather than the teachings of Jesus.
    that is EXACTLY right. The religion shouldn't even be called Christianity, it should be rightfully called Paulism. He just used the name of Jesus to spread his own religion.
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 16:19
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Being a Christian and following the teachings of Jesus are very different things. Christianity is built upon the teachings of Paul and his followers rather than the teachings of Jesus.
    What is the difference between the teachings of Jesus and that of Paul. Do you think Paul is teaching something other than Jesus?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 23:05

It is Satan's doing. Any child can understand that. What's the matter with you?
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 23:15

What kind of book would the creator give?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 23:26
    Originally posted by caissad4
    After numerous postings on several forums here I am convinced that he could not possibly be a Christian. (A Pharisee maybe)
    Being a non-Christian, I would be interested in hearing the opinion of Christian believers on his behaviour in these forums.
    Does he behave according to the teachings of Jesus ?
    For me a Christian is anyone that professes to be one. Whether or not they are true to their religious beliefs only Christ can tell.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 23:30
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    What is the difference between the teachings of Jesus and that of Paul. Do you think Paul is teaching something other than Jesus?
    It is clear that there are many Christians who do not like some of the teachings of Jesus. In order to escape from these teachings they have developed an expression called the 'Administration of Grace' which effectively removes the teachings of Christ from their required beliefs and focus only on Pauls teachings that grace alone through faith as the only requirement for eternal life. Nothing else is required and these Christians claim to have eternal life immediately upon professing their faith. Hence for these Christians there is a significant difference between the teachings of Christ and that of the Apostles.
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 23:31
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I am a Christian and I have responded.
    Did you render judgement on whether RJ is a Christian, and I missed it?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 13:56
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    It is clear that there are many Christians who do not like some of the teachings of Jesus. In order to escape from these teachings they have developed an expression called the 'Administration of Grace' which effectively removes the teachings of Christ from their required beliefs and focus only on Pauls teachings that grace alone through faith as the only req ...[text shortened]... ians there is a significant difference between the teachings of Christ and that of the Apostles.
    But they would never in a million years call it for what it is, not Christianity, but Paulanity or Paulism.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 19:26
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think we can safely say that the vast majority of people calling themselves Christian do not follow the teachings of Jesus. They would certainly struggle to have internet access if they did.

However, I consider anyone who calls themselves Christian to be Christian. I think it unreasonable for you to label any such people 'Real Christian' or 'False Ch ...[text shortened]... denominations, you should not really expect every other Christian to be your brand of Christian.
    "Vast majority"??

I doubt that.
  15. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    18 Sep '15 21:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is Satan's doing. Any child can understand that. What's the matter with you?
    Even child anon ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree