1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 21:54
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Darfius, have you read any of the scholarly work of Elaine Pagels where she discusses in detail the relationship of the early church to the gnostics?
    I have not. Should I?
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 21:54
    Originally posted by Darfius
    I have not. Should I?
    Only if you like to eat crow.
  3. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 21:59

Who needs education when they have dogma?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 22:00
    The Gnostics were never Christians, so you're still a liar. I apologize for calling you filthy, since you probably have excellent hygiene, but you still spread lies like candy.

There is not one shred of proof that the 'Gospel of Q' existed. It is merely a secular theory to explain the Gospels and explain away Jesus' divinity as a concoction.
    Your ignorance of your own religion's history is simply astounding. Please cite a single reputable thelogian who claims the Gospel of Q didn't exist. And the Gnosticsa considered themselves Christians; I'm not interested in who you consider a Christian since you refuse to even say followers of the Catholic Church are Christians. You're a piece of dirt to call me a liar when I've cited a source backing my argument to the hilt and you've provided nothing but your usual vitriol.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 22:01
    Originally posted by Omnislash

Who needs education when they have dogma?
    I think her works would be excellent for Darfius as she has spent more time studyiing this topic than myself, #1, and Darfius combined.
  6. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 22:03
    Why's that? What does this author have to say that I don't know, kirk? Please, enlighten me.
  7. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 22:041 edit
    I think her works would be excellent for Darfius as she has spent more time studyiing this topic than myself, #1, and Darfius combined.
    I agree. I know some of her works, but I believe I would have to read the majority of them to appreciate much of what she says.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 22:051 edit
    Why's that? What does this author have to say that I don't know, kirk? Please, enlighten me.
    Look. Darfius reads a book and suddenly he knows more about the Bible than all the scholars in Christendom. Must be that decoder ring.

Edit: Makes you wonder what he has left to learn in the other 3 years of college 🙂
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 22:06
    No. You already know more than anyone.
  10. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 22:09

Your ignorance of your own religion's history is simply astounding.

Yes, whenever someone disagrees with you, they are ignorant. We all know, O omniscient no1.

Please cite a single reputable thelogian who claims the Gospel of Q didn't exist.

Craig Blomberg

And the Gnosticsa considered themselves Christians; I'm not interested in who you consider a Christian since you refuse to even say followers of the Catholic Church are Christians.

OK. I consider myself a lawyer. I guess it doesn't matter if I know law, since by your logic, we can simply "call" ourselves things.

You're a piece of dirt to call me a liar when I've cited a source backing my argument to the hilt and you've provided nothing but your usual vitriol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism
  11. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 22:10
    No. You already know more than anyone.
    I never said that. I'm asking why I should buy her work.
  12. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 22:12
    Quick side question, Darfius. Are you related to or in any way associated with Fred Phelps and his church?
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 22:15
    Originally posted by telerion
    Quick side question, Darfius. Are you related to or in any way associated with Fred Phelps and his church?
    Don't know the man.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 22:16

[b] Your ignorance of your own religion's history is simply astounding.

Yes, whenever someone disagrees with you, they are ignorant. We all know, O omniscient no1.

Please cite a single reputable thelogian who claims the Gospel of Q didn't exist.

Craig Blomberg

And the Gnosticsa considered themselves Christians; I'm n ...[text shortened]... you've provided nothing but your usual vitriol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism[/b]
    If you're ever in Dallas have a chat with Daniel Wallace or you could simply read this excellent article:
    http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=669.

The evidence for the existence of Q is overwhelming.

Are Catholics Christians, Darfius? Not according to you. There's a bar association that has the authority to say who's a lawyer, but you, PreacherBoy, have not been given the authority to decide who was and is a Christian. The Gnostics were Christians.
  15. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    16 Apr '05 22:21
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If you're ever in Dallas have a chat with Daniel Wallace or you could simply read this excellent article:
    http://www.bible.org/page.asp?page_id=669.

The evidence for the existence of Q is overwhelming.

Are Catholics Christians, Darfius? Not according to you. There's a bar association that has the authority to say who's ...[text shortened]... not been given the authority to decide who was and is a Christian. The Gnostics were Christians.
    On the contrary, my authority is the Word of God, and Paul says we should judge those who call themselves believers.

Guess what, the Gnostics fail the test of the Word of God.

Learn before you speak.

I guess this is where I'll take the atheist's stance and say I simply have a "lack of belief in the Gospel of Q" because I can't see it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree