1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    19 May '08 11:35
    Originally posted by twhitehead

Now I have a question for you: Did you really think that nature was in harmony or did you make that up to support your argument?
    Nature is in harmony. It's just more Beethoven than Mozart.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 May '08 11:45
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Nature is in harmony. It's just more Beethoven than Mozart.
    With some bits of heavy metal and rock thrown in.

However the definition of harmony you are using merely implies the existence of a pattern, without really assigning any specific characteristics to that pattern. I would argue that a universe with laws gives rise to patterns and that any rule based system such as evolution gives rise to patterns.

However josephw was clearly implying something more by 'harmony' and it is his usage that my question addresses.
  3. Joined
    08 Mar '08
    Moves
    19 May '08 14:15
    FREE WILL!
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 May '08 14:22
    Originally posted by josephw
    There's something that has been puzzling me about evolution that I've been meaning to get to for some time now. Perhaps this has been discussed before, so bear with me this one time.

How shall I put this? Why is it, if evolution were true, that man is not in harmony with the entire human race, just as the rest of nature is with itself?

I probably worde ...[text shortened]... replies please. I may not have time to respond to any replies, but I will read with interest.
    Have you ever thought of the implications of us being a different SPECIES from rabbits?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 May '08 12:02
    Originally posted by josephw
    There's something that has been puzzling me about evolution that I've been meaning to get to for some time now.
    So, josephw, do you understand it now?

Do you agree with my opinion that nature is not particularly harmonious and that man is not unusual in his unsocial habits?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree