1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 20:45
    What is the Islamic justification for them? I understand the socio-culturo-politico-econo-military (SCPEM?) justification, but I want to understand the religious aspects.

I expect quite a lot of claims that Islam does NOT allow suicide, and claims that suicide attacks are or aren't justified by SCPEM, but I really hope someone can play Devil's Advocate at least and explain why the Islamist suicide attackers do as they do without fear of Allah's wrath?
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 20:511 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    What is the Islamic justification for them? I understand the socio-culturo-politico-econo-military (SCPEM?) justification, but I want to understand the religious aspects.

I expect quite a lot of claims that Islam does NOT allow suicide, and claims that suicide attacks are or aren't justified by SCPEM, but I really hope someone can play Devil's Advo ...[text shortened]... t and explain why the Islamist suicide attackers do as they do without fear of Allah's wrath?
    Is it really so different from Christian soldiers who kill others and put their lives on the line engaging in war believing that they are fighting for the "greater good"?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 00:45
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Is it really so different from Christian soldiers who kill others and put their lives on the line engaging in war believing that they are fighting for the "greater good"?
    Or the kamekaze's of WW2?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 01:19
    why [do] the Islamist suicide attackers do as they do without fear of Allah's wrath?
    According to the vast majority of Islamic scholars, teachers, community leaders and believers, suicide attackers do as they do without fear of Allah's wrath because they misunderstand Allah and His wrath.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 13:361 edit

I expect quite a lot of claims that Islam does NOT allow suicide, and claims that suicide attacks are or aren't justified by SCPEM, but I really hope someone can play Devil's Advo ...[text shortened]... t and explain why the Islamist suicide attackers do as they do without fear of Allah's wrath?
    I would argue that generally people read and interpret what they want to see. It happens all the time in Christianity. The JWs for example through a process of connecting a variety of unrelated scriptures and incorrect assumptions have convinced themselves that they are actually modern day JEWS !!! 😀

Islam is no exception. There are dozens of passages in the Koran and Hadiths that can be MISinterpreted to mean that its acceptable to kill, infidels, Jews and Christians, and worse, if you dont kill them then Allah will not be pleased and find others to do the job of killing.
    http://www.letusreason.org/islam12.htm

Hey .. it just occurred to me that if the Muslims hate Jews and the JWs are actually the modern day Jews, then the Muslim suicide bombers should be killing the Jehovah Witnesses .... 😀
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 13:42
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I would argue that generally people read and interpret what they want to see. It happens all the time in Christianity. The JWs for example through a process of connecting a variety of unrelated scriptures and incorrect assumptions have convinced themselves that they are actually modern day JEWS !!! 😀

Islam is no exception. There are dozens of passage ...[text shortened]... modern day Jews, then the Muslim suicide bombers should be killing the Jehovah Witnesses .... 😀
    i thought you were a Muslim? your name Raj is Islamic. Is that why you hate JWs, because the Bible states that there is such a thing as a 'spiritual Jew', and you being a Muslim have vowed to kill us? I can smell the Semtex from here.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 15:12

For any religion that teaches the existence of an afterlife, it is fairly trivial to point out that death is not nearly as severe a consequence as it would be without such an afterlife.
    So, there are two remaining issues:
    1. Will a suicide mission result in you getting to heaven?
    2. Will killing people in the suicide mission result in you getting to heaven?
    I think it would be rather easy to argue in the affirmative for both if you can argue that the people being killed are enemies of yours or your religion and that your religion supports killing enemies.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 17:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i thought you were a Muslim? your name Raj is Islamic. Is that why you hate JWs, because the Bible states that there is such a thing as a 'spiritual Jew', and you being a Muslim have vowed to kill us? I can smell the Semtex from here.
    The only smell you can have there is what originates in your own house. Tell you know who, take her you know what off, go get into the shower and do you know what.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '10 18:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The only smell you can have there is what originates in your own house. Tell you know who, take her you know what off, go get into the shower and do you know what.
    so you are a Muslim, how very interesting, how long have you been a Muslim?
  10. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    05 Apr '10 17:15
    It was always my thought that any parts of the Quran that were interpreted as such was referring to eliminating any undevout part of yourself(?) rather than others who do not prescribe to the belief. I know Jihad is a word for the internal spiritual conflict but westerners have attached it to the bad apples of the religion and associated with terrorism and suicide attacks.
    I'm not denying their existence- just these religions tend to have people who go crazy for their ideals (crusades were already mentioned, witchhunts, sacrifices et cetera)
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Apr '10 00:24
    Originally posted by ua41
    It was always my thought that any parts of the Quran that were interpreted as such was referring to eliminating any undevout part of yourself(?) rather than others who do not prescribe to the belief. I know Jihad is a word for the internal spiritual conflict but westerners have attached it to the bad apples of the religion and associated with terrorism and suic ...[text shortened]... o go crazy for their ideals (crusades were already mentioned, witchhunts, sacrifices et cetera)
    ..yes and when you consider that the CIA is responsible for creating these 'terror cells' in the first place, you could say that western thought,(christianity?), has creatid the modern definition of jihad and the public have just run with it without knowing much about the true substance of the matter at all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree