1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 01:06
    The Islamic Horse and Rider of Jihad is on the move.

After its lightning takeover of a third of Iraq and Syria this summer, the Islamic State appears to be spreading its influence across much of the Muslim world and even in such non-Muslim countries as Australia and India.

"The Islamic State's appeal extends beyond the Middle East," said Fawaz Gerges, a professor of contemporary Middle East studies at the London School of Economics and Political Science. "Their strategy is anchored on the simple premise that it is a winning horse. It has promised the entire ummah — the Muslim community — that it could deliver victory and salvation."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/10/01/islamic-state-spread-pakistan-india-china-mali/16507043/
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 01:141 edit
    The hope of a new world order centralized utopia has plagued mankind since the dawn of time despite the suffering and death it always brings.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 01:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    The hope of a new world order centralized utopia has plagued mankind since the dawn of time despite the suffering and death it always brings.
    Barack Obama cited the weakening of “Al Qaeda central” as one of his administration’s achievements. Commentators then highlighted that while that may be true – a more dangerous trend has taken place during his presidency, the rise of local jihadi groups in many more countries than Al Qaeda ever operated.

ISIS/ISIL’s leader claims to be a descendant of the Prophet Mohammed’s family, and has religious credentials as a holder of a PhD in Islamic studies. These factors will help position him as a global leader.

http://www.thenational.ae/opinion/comment/isilx2019s-rapid-rise-illustrates-how-far-jihadism-has-evolved
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 02:052 edits
    The Islamic Mahdi will change the law by instituting the Islamic Shariah law. He will change the times by imposing the mandatory observation of the Islamic Hijra calendar over all those who become subject to him. This will make the week run from Saturday to Thursday with Friday as the sacred day of prayer.

In Revelation 6:8, John describes the “fourth horseman” as being “chloros”, which translates literally as “green”. It is where we get the word “chlorophyll” from, a green pigment found in plants. Green is the official color of Islam, and this green “fourth horseman” is described as having power over the fourth part of the earth. Today Islam now has dominion over a fourth part of the earth. The “fourth horseman” has the power to “kill with sword.” Islam is spread through Jihad, the “Sword of Islam.” The “fourth horseman” also kills with hunger/famine. Where Islam rises, deprivation and Sharia lawlessness quickly follows, so much so that they would even prefer to see children starve to death than to see them receive life-saving aid from the “Christian West.” The “fourth horseman” kills with “death”, and the love of death and martyrdom for the cause of “Allah” permeates Islamic culture to the point where Islamists will even openly declare that they “love death more than you love life.” Lastly, the “fourth horseman” is described as killing with “the beasts of the earth.” The Greek word for beasts is “therion” and is very likely being used metaphorically to refer to “savage”, “brutal” and “bestial” men — a perfect description of what we are witnessing today in the radical world of Islam’s death seekers. If Antichrist is a man, we can be certain that he is now on the verge of being revealed. If Antichrist is a system, it is already here.

http://midnightwatcher.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/unsealed-a-closer-look-at-revelation-6-and-the-four-horsemen-of-the-apocalypse/
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 02:263 edits
    BLACK HORSE AND RIDER

Image of Horse & Rider with Banner

Image Analysis

The horse and rider motif is common in Islamic imagery and jihadi visual propaganda. The rider emphasizes the element of human agency in jihad, and is a way to enhance the traditional symbol of a horse and flesh out notions of aggression and the call to jihad. The importance of the horse in both pre-Islamic Arabia and Islamic culture is evidenced by pre-Islamic poetry, hadiths (prophetic traditions or reports) and other genres of literature ascribing horses with the positive qualities of chivalry and bravery in battle. For example, the beginning of the Qur’anic sura 100 talks about “running horses” that appear as galloping through the world toward the final goal, namely, Judgment Day. Horses are also symbolic of the first generation of Muslims and that generation’s successful military campaigns, and thus are often employed to evoke specific Salafi religious sentiments with regard to the military victories of Muhammad and his companions.

The black color of the rider and horse is significant. The black banner is the joint symbol of vengeance and revolt that traces its roots to prophetic times. According to prophetic tradition (hadith), the black flag was the battle flag of the Prophet Muhammad and it was carried into battle by many of his companions. The image of the black flag has been used as a symbol of religious revolt and engagement in battle (i.e., jihad). In the contemporary Islamist movement, the black flag is used to evoke notions of jihad and of reestablishing the Islamic Caliphate.

https://www.ctc.usma.edu/posts/imagery/0266

The Army Of Black Flags

The Mahdi is believed to ride on a white horse. The Mahdi’s ascendancy to power is said to be preceded by an army from the east who will be carrying black flags or banners of war. Sheikh Kabbani states:

Hadith indicate that black flags coming from the area of Khorasan will signify the appearance of the Mahdi is nigh. Khorasan is in todays Iran, and some scholars have said that this hadith means when the black flags appear from Central Asia, i.e. in the direction of Khorasan, then the appearance of the Mahdi is imminent.

Another tradition states that:

The Messenger of Allah said: The black banners will come from the East and their hearts will be as firm as iron. Whoever hears of them should join them and give allegiance, even if it means crawling across snow.

In Islam there are two flags. One is white and one is black. Written across both flags in Arabic are the words, “There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger”. The white flag is called Al-Liwaa and serves as the sign for the leader of the Muslim army and is the flag of the Islamic State. The black flag is called Ar-Raya and is used by the Muslim army. It is also called the flag of jihad, and is carried into battle. One flag is governmental and the other is a military flag. When Muhammad returned to his home city of Mecca after being exiled for eight years, he returned as a conqueror. With him were ten thousand Muslim soldiers. They carried with them black flags. On the flags was one word written in Arabic: punishment.

Islamic tradition pictures the Mahdi as joining with the army of Muslim warriors carrying black flags. The Mahdi will then lead this army to Israel and re-conquer it for Islam. The Jews will be slaughtered until very few remain and Jerusalem will become the location of the Mahdi’s rule over the Earth.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/JR/Future/ch04_the_mahdi.htm
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 10:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    BLACK HORSE AND RIDER

[b]Image of Horse & Rider with Banner

Image Analysis

The horse and rider motif is common in Islamic imagery and jihadi visual propaganda. The rider emphasizes the element of human agency in jihad, and is a way to enhance the traditional symbol of a horse and flesh out notions of aggression and the call to jihad. The ...[text shortened]... ver the Earth.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/JR/Future/ch04_the_mahdi.htm[/b]
    Once again proving you care nothing for the fate of the people taken over by ISIS, only in what you think this action reveals as the bogus last days.

ISIS is just one of many such incursions into western worlds, and will be dealt with. Once Turkey enters the fray, as seems likely now, ISIS's days are numbered.

Then you have to pick on something else to tout as evidence of 'the last days'.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Oct '14 11:221 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Once again proving you care nothing for the fate of the people taken over by ISIS, only in what you think this action reveals as the bogus last days.

ISIS is just one of many such incursions into western worlds, and will be dealt with. Once Turkey enters the fray, as seems likely now, ISIS's days are numbered.

Then you have to pick on something else to tout as evidence of 'the last days'.
    You don't seem to realize that the last Islamic caliphate was from the Turkish Ottoman Empire.

In Islamic tradition the white horse represents the color of choice for conquering kings, just as it always has in eastern cultures. However, white is also the color of the ‘Al-Liwaa’ flag of government that serves as the sign of the Muslim leader, or Caliph. So when the symbolic First Seal rider on the white horse enters the scene during the end times, we can be assured that many Muslims will see him as their conquering leader, the coming Mahdi.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 06:021 edit
    This video identifies Mecca as the great city in the desert by the sea that is seen by John as a mystery referred to as Babylon the Great, the mother of harlots and associates the animal with the Islamic caliphate.

YouTube

Then came one of the seven angels who held the seven bowls, and said to me, “Come, and I will show you the judgment passed upon the great harlot who is seated upon many waters. It is with her that the kings of the earth have debauched themselves and the inhabitants of the earth have become drunk on the wine of her filthiness.”

Then he carried me away in spirit into the desert. There I saw a woman riding upon a scarlet animal, covered with blasphemous titles and having seven heads and ten horns. The woman herself was dressed in purple and scarlet, glittering with gold, jewels and pearls. In her hand she held a golden cup full of the earth’s filthiness and her own foul impurity. On her forehead is written a name with a secret meaning—BABYLON THE GREAT, MOTHER OF ALL HARLOTS AND OF THE EARTH’S ABOMINATIONS.

Then I noticed that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints and of the martyrs for Jesus.

As I watched her, I was filled with utter amazement, but the angel said to me, “Why are you amazed? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the animal with seven heads and ten horns which carries her. The animal, which you saw, once lived but now is no more—it will come up out of the pit only to meet with destruction. The inhabitants of the earth, whose names have not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, will be utterly astonished when they see that the animal was, and is not, and yet is to come.

(Here we need a mind with understanding.) “The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman takes her seat. There are also seven kings; five have been dethroned, one reigns and the other has not yet appeared—when he comes he must remain only for a short time. As for the animal which once lived but now lives no longer, it is an eighth king which belongs to the seven, but it goes to utter destruction.

The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have not yet received their power to reign, but they will receive authority to be kings for one hour in company with the animal. They are of one mind, and they will hand over their power and authority to the animal. They will all go to war with the Lamb, and the Lamb, with his called, chosen and faithful followers, will conquer them. For he is Lord of lords and King of kings.”

Then he said to me, “As for the waters which you saw, on which the woman took her seat, they are peoples and vast crowds, nations and languages. The ten horns and the animal which you saw will loathe the harlot, and leave her deserted and naked. Moreover, they will devour her flesh, and then consume her with fire. For God has put it into their hearts to carry out his purpose by making them of one mind, and by handing over their authority to the animal, until the words of God have been fulfilled.

“The woman that you saw is the great city which dominates the kings of the earth.”

Later I saw another angel coming down from Heaven, armed with great authority. The earth shone with the splendour of his presence, and he cried in a mighty voice, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! She has become a haunt of devils, a prison for every unclean spirit, and a cage for every foul and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk the wine of her passionate unfaithfulness and have fallen thereby. The kings of the earth have debauched themselves with her, and the merchants of the earth have grown rich from the extravagance of her dissipation!”

Then I heard another voice from Heaven, crying, “Come out from her, O my people, lest you become accomplices in her sins and must share in her punishment. For her sins have mounted up to the sky, and God has remembered the tale of her wickedness. Pay her back in her own coin—yes, pay her back double for all that she has done! In the cup which she mixed for others mix her a drink of double strength! For the pride in which she flaunted herself give her torture and misery! Because she says to herself, ‘Here I sit a queen on a throne; I am no woman who lacks a man and I shall never know sorrow!’ So in a single day her punishments shall strike her—death, sorrow and famine and she shall be burned in the fire. For mighty is the Lord God who judges her!”

Then the kings of the earth, who debauched and indulged themselves with her, will wail and lament over her. Standing at a safe distance through very fear of her torment, they will watch the smoke of her burning and cry, “Alas, alas for the great city, Babylon the mighty city, that your judgment should come in a single hour.”

The merchants of the earth shall also wail and lament over her, for there is no one left to buy their goods—cargoes of gold and silver, jewels and pearls, fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet, all kinds of scented wood, every sort of ivory vessel, every kind of vessel of precious wood, of bronze, iron and marble; cinnamon, spice, incense, myrrh, frankincense, wine, oil, fine flour and corn; cattle, sheep and horses; chariots, slaves, the very souls of men.

Those who bought and sold these things, who had gained their wealth from her, will stand afar off through fear of her punishment, weeping and lamenting and saying, “Alas, alas for the great city that was dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet, and was bedecked with gold and jewels and pearls—alas that in a single hour all that wealth should be destroyed!”

Then every shipmaster and seafarer—sailors and all whose business is upon the sea—stood and watched the smoke of her burning from afar, and cried out, “What city was ever like the great city?”

They even threw dust on their heads and cried aloud as they wept, saying, “Alas, alas for the great city where all who had ships on the sea grew wealthy through the richness of her treasure! Alas that in a single hour she should be ruined!”

“Rejoice over her fate, O Heaven, and all you saints, apostles and prophets! For God has pronounced his judgment for you against her!”

Then a mighty angel lifted up a stone like a huge mill-stone and hurled it into the sea, saying, “So shall Babylon the great city be sent hurtling down to disappear for ever! Never more shall the sound of harpists and musicians, flute-players and trumpeters be heard in you again! Never again shall a craftsman of any craft be found in you; never again will the sound of the mill-stone’s grinding be heard in you! No light of a lamp shall ever shine in you again, and the voices of bridegroom and bride shall be heard in you no more! The fruit of your soul’s desire is lost to you for ever. All your luxuries and brilliance are lost to you and men will never find them in you again!

“For your merchants were the great ones of the earth, and all nations were seduced by your witchery!”

For in her was discovered the blood of prophets and saints, indeed the blood of all who were ever slaughtered upon the earth.

(Revelation 17 and 18 Phillips New Testament in Modern English)
  9. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 17:58
    ... RJH or ISIL... RJH or ISIL... Hmmm. Tough choice.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 00:12
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    ... RJH or ISIL... RJH or ISIL... Hmmm. Tough choice.
    Not really. RJH is easily the best choice. Ask Suzianne if you don't believe it.
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 10:58
    Not really. RJH is easily the best choice. Ask Suzianne if you don't believe it.
    If Suzianne's your best advocate, I'm gonna have to go with ISIL.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 15:55
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    If Suzianne's your best advocate, I'm gonna have to go with ISIL.
    Suzianne is my worst advocate, but I am sure she would agree that RJH is a much better choice than ISIS/ISIL, for all but Islamic terrorists.
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 19:04
    Suzianne is my worst advocate, but I am sure she would agree that RJH is a much better choice than ISIS/ISIL, for all but Islamic terrorists.
    That is hardly an argument in your favour.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 00:262 edits
    Jesus said that the gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the entire world, and then the end would come.

Matthew 24:14

English Standard Version
    And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

New American Standard Bible
    "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

King James Bible
    And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Since the world wide gospel preaching precedes the end of the age, it is quite appropriate that we interpret the first rider of the four horsemen of the four first seals as the preaching of the Gospel.

"And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying like the sound of thunder, Come. And I saw, and behold, a white horse, and he who sits on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went forth conquering and to conquer." (Rev. 6:1,2)

In this four horse race the FIRST one personalized entity is symbolically depicted as a conquering rider on a white horse. This is the divinely approved preaching of the Gospel of the of kingdom throughout the world. As Jesus said, the end times will be preceded by the gospel message.

The arrow of victory has been shot into the heart of the enemy Satan. And the Gospel of Peace is proclaimed conquering the hearts of many believers throughout all the world.

So what about Islam and its prominence today? At this stage I personally think that it is more likely that the Antichrist will arise out of the secular revulsion TO Islam and religion in general than be related to Islam.

This is only theory. But I think it more likely that the secular reaction vehemently against any jihadist ideology of Moslems is more likely to fuel the coming Antichrist.

At any rate, God's move to recover the earth has always been pro-active and not merely reactive.

Daniel in Babylon studied prophesy also. He poured over the writings of the prophet Jeremiah to determine how long the Babylonian Captivity should last. When he understood the prophecy he did not simply WAIT on predictions.

Rather he prayed for the fulfillment of God's promises, three times a day, with his windows opened to Jerusalem and the Holy Land. He was proactively cooperating with God's move. He was not simply waiting for predictions to come true like an astrologer.

Both the preaching of the Gospel throughout the world, conquering unbelief of millions and the pre-tribulation rapture of some overcoming believers will be the result of pro-active cooperation with the God who gives prophecies.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 04:16
    Originally posted by sonship
    Jesus said that the gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the entire world, and then the end would come.

[b] Matthew 24:14

[quote]
    English Standard Version
    And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

New American Standard Bible [/ ...[text shortened]... coming believers will be the result of pro-active cooperation with the God who gives prophecies.
    The END comes AFTER the tribulation of those days.

Let us see it all in context:

Matthew 24:9-14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

9 “Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. 10 At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. 11 Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. 12 Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. 14 This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree