1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 20:15
    From the book of Jeremiah
    Thus says the Lord of hosts: “Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you, filling you with vain hopes. They speak visions of their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord. They say continually to those who despise the word of the Lord, ‘It shall be well with you’; and to everyone who stubbornly follows his own heart, they say, ‘No disaster shall come upon you.’”

Things have not changed much; the Word of the Lord comes, because of the evil we do, judgment is going to fall, and some proclaim, no God isn't going to do that, there is no way, God wants to give you, your best lives ever right here and now. Some deny some scripture and ignore others because it doesn't fit with the God they made up, the Jesus they make up. Instead of looking at the whole Bible to see if they are taking things out of context, they mold the Word of God to suit them instead of looking if they are interpreting the Word of God correctly.

Galatians 2:15-17
    English Standard Version
    We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

But if, in our endeavor to be justified in Christ, we too were found to be sinners, is Christ then a servant of sin? Certainly not!

John 3:17-19
    English Standard Version
    For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.

Matthew 7:21-23
    English Standard Version
    “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Matthew 25:29-31
    English Standard Version
    For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.

Matthew 18:8
    And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire.

Matthew 25

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

There is a judgment coming, and outside of Jesus Christ, we are already condemned; our only hope is Jesus Christ, who paid for our sins so we could be forgiven; if we neglect that, we do so to our peril. Those who deny word, who have pet scriptures, who mold Christ into a savior they can embrace instead of the one in the scriptures are no different from false profits who pervert the Word of God to their destruction.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 23:39
    @kellyjay said
    Thus says the Lord of hosts: “Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you, filling you with vain hopes. They speak visions of their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord. They say continually to those who despise the word of the Lord, ‘It shall be well with you’; and to everyone who stubbornly follows his own heart, they ...[text shortened]... the scriptures are no different from false profits who pervert the Word of God to their destruction.
    Is there a specific question or topic you want to discuss with the ones you say are "...no different from false profits who pervert the Word of God to their destruction"?
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 01:50
    @KellyJay

"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."
    – Julian of Norwich
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 14:144 edits
    @KellyJay
    Thus says the Lord of hosts: “Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you, filling you with vain hopes. They speak visions of their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord. They say continually to those who despise the word of the Lord, ‘It shall be well with you’; and to everyone who stubbornly follows his own heart, they say, ‘No disaster shall come upon you.’”

It is uncanny how so many of the modern attitudes are not nrew. Similar thought processes can be seen throughout the Bible.

I recall the apathy. Ie "God well not do good nor will He do evil. He just won't do anything."

Zephaniah 1:12 - "And at that time I will search through Jerusalem with lamps, And I will punish the men who have settled on their lees. Who say in their heart, Jehovah will not do good, Nor will He do evil."

Men had settled into such an apathetic deistic state, expecting nothing from God either way. Ie. "God will not act or intervene in any way."
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 14:29
    @sonship said
    @KellyJay
    [quote] From the book of Jeremiah
    Thus says the Lord of hosts: “Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you, filling you with vain hopes. They speak visions of their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord. They say continually to those who despise the word of the Lord, ‘It shall be well with you’; and to everyone who stubbornly follows hi ...[text shortened]... ate, expecting nothing from God either way. Ie. "God will not act or intervene in any way."
    The thing is God created everything including our ability to communicate to feel emotion. With creating these as well as the material world it shows us they important. Giving ears to hear, eyes to see, minds to think with we understand each other and the universe we are in. When God communicates with us one thing we can be sure about we will get the message. What we do with it is on us we will be without excuses. If we suppress the truth when confronted with it, it will be clear when all the secret things of man are revealed.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 14:49
    “Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.”

(Psalm 43:5)
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 14:55
    @PB1022

Amen to both of you.
    I am off to a Zoom Lord's Table meeting now.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 15:051 edit
    @sonship said
    @PB1022

Amen to both of you.
    I am off to a Zoom Lord's Table meeting now.
    Remember to say "O Lord' three times. That way you can go past the slums and homeless and widows and orphans in their misery, without helping them and with a cleansed heart, knowing that Jesus has saved you and given you eternal life, and no good works are necessary.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 15:48
    @rajk999 said
    Remember to say "O Lord' three times. That way you can go past the slums and homeless and widows and orphans in their misery, without helping them and with a cleansed heart, knowing that Jesus has saved you and given you eternal life, and no good works are necessary.
    And what do you do to help them?

I bet far less than Christians who are saved by Grace through faith in Christ Jesus do.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree