it's all just a big joke, right?

it's all just a big joke, right?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Aug 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
Yet if I asked you some straight forward questions about what this eternal 'life' consists of, you would leave the thread. You are not trying to convert others because you want to help them, you want to convert them because you fear you are wrong and need company. ie you feel if you can convince others that it is true then it will be more likely to be true or that you won't feel so guilty about believing a lie.
Somehow, I get this feeling you are the actual one that is worried about
believing a lie.

n

Moves
07 Aug 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
Interesting that you say this. Many Christians can't understand how they (meaning atheists) can't bring themselves, based on the evidence, to "believe" in Jesus.
word of advice; dont ever become a prosecutor or judge as at best the only evidence for your case would not complete a game of cluedo.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Aug 11

Originally posted by nook7
word of advice; dont ever become a prosecutor or judge as at best the only evidence for your case would not complete a game of cluedo.
I'm sure he couldn't care less about being a prosecutor, but a judge might
be another story.

n

Moves
07 Aug 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
I'm sure he couldn't care less about being a prosecutor, but a judge might
be another story.
he is a she

Prosecutor presents a case and calls evidence to support it.

The argument presented would be laughed out of any sane courtroom.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Aug 11

Originally posted by nook7
he is a she

Prosecutor presents a case and calls evidence to support it.

The argument presented would be laughed out of any sane courtroom.
Can you prove your case?

n

Moves
07 Aug 11

Can you prove your case?
which case is that?. l havent mentioned one.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
07 Aug 11
1 edit

Can you prove your case?
Since your position involves the more fantastical claims, any impartial judge would agree that the burden of proof lies with your side. Nook7 just needs to demonstrate a case for reasonable doubt.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Aug 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Since your position involves the more fantastical claims, any impartial judge would agree that the burden of proof lies with your side. Nook7 just needs to demonstrate a case for reasonable doubt.
Jesus the Christ is my proof. There is only UNREASONABLE doubt against Him.

n

Moves
07 Aug 11

Thanks Avalnchecat.

RJ Hinds please refer again to my post directed at Suzianne as your post is a perfect example of the same thing.

FYI - An unprovable myth is not proof of anything.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
07 Aug 11

That's not debating, that's just preaching. If you're not interested in debate, just say so and I'll happily leave you to preach in peace. If you honestly think that constitutes debate, then I'll also happily leave you to 'debate' with people who think a pointless series of reason-free contradiction is in some way worthwhile.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Aug 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
That's not debating, that's just preaching. If you're not interested in debate, just say so and I'll happily leave you to preach in peace. If you honestly think that constitutes debate, then I'll also happily leave you to 'debate' with people who think a pointless series of reason-free contradiction is in some way worthwhile.
Okay, I understand. It is too much for uou to handle. I must get back
to my chess games anyway.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
07 Aug 11

Okay, I understand. It is too much for uou to handle. I must get back
to my chess games anyway.
Au contraire, preaching is easy to handle.

Moves
07 Aug 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
I'm not gonna sit here and say you don't have a point. Jesus was fully behind the original "hate the sin, love the sinner" concept. But most Christian churches, like the Roman Catholic Church, call your rejection of God a sin, and as such, they uphold that yes, men will be judged by their acceptance or rejection of God. Now I also believe that Works is t ...[text shortened]... nced a man needs both to make the cut. But I also believe Faith is worth more than Works.
all major churches would say you must be a believer for god to accept you. their bank balance needs as many believers as possible...