1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 03:103 edits
    The other day I had my kid out in the yard and I was about to kill him when my annoying neighbor began to shout.

"What are you DOING?!" he shouted.

"Isn't it obvious, dummy? I'm killing him!"

"Why!?!" he queried.

"Because my distant ancestor offered one of your ancestors an apple and he took a pear instead! The dirty scoundrel! His crime - your crime, you are his descendent, that makes you a thief too! must be paid for, and so I am killing my son! It's kinder that giving you the prolonged torture session you deserve. You should thank me, jerk! Don't worry...it only lasts three days anyway."
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 03:42
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The other day I had my kid out in the yard and I was about to kill him when my annoying neighbor began to shout.

"Why!?!" he queried.

"Because my distant ancestor offered one of your ancestors an apple and he took a pear instead! The dirty scoundrel! His crime ...[text shortened]... deserve. You should thank me, jerk! Don't worry...it only lasts three days anyway."
    It's obvious you don't get it.

Why play dumb? You understand perfectly well what it's all about.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 07:46
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung

"Why!?!" he queried.

"Because my distant ancestor offered one of your ancestors an apple and he took a pear instead! The dirty scoundrel! His crime ...[text shortened]... deserve. You should thank me, jerk! Don't worry...it only lasts three days anyway."
    Hee,He.!!!Classic.
    Just to start..Is your son still alive?
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 16:371 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Hee,He.!!!Classic.
    Just to start..Is your son still alive?
    Not yet. He'll be back on the 16th.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 19:32
    Originally posted by josephw
    It's obvious you don't get it.

Why play dumb? You understand perfectly well what it's all about.
    Most of us atheists apparently 'don't get it'. Oddly enough, most theists claim to get it but are incapable of explaining it in comprehensible fashion and frequently disagree with each other and also change the details quite dramatically.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Mar '10 20:58
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Most of us atheists apparently 'don't get it'. Oddly enough, most theists claim to get it but are incapable of explaining it in comprehensible fashion and frequently disagree with each other and also change the details quite dramatically.
    "Oddly enough, most theists claim to get it but are incapable of explaining it in comprehensible fashion and frequently disagree with each other and also change the details quite dramatically."

Not true. While it is true that there are differences of meaning and interpretation among individuals and groups throughout Christendom, the core essentials are held by all true believers. And those core essentials have been made abundantly clear.

If any, "disagree with each other and also change the details quite dramatically" it would have to be the unbelieving world. That is where one will find the most evidence for your assertion.

Open your eyes. It is the world that is in a fury of disagreement. Not the Church.
  7. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 00:40
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"Oddly enough, most theists claim to get it but are incapable of explaining it in comprehensible fashion and frequently disagree with each other and also change the details quite dramatically."

Not true. While it is true that there are differences of meaning and interpretation among individuals and groups throughout Christendom, the core essentials ...[text shortened]... rtion.

Open your eyes. It is the world that is in a fury of disagreement. Not the Church.[/b]
    Anybody convinced by that? No thought not...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree