I've been damned

I've been damned

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Oct 09

Yesterday I had a conversation with a self proclaimed prophet.
You see, it started with a phone call to someone I was interested in buying a dairy farm from, but as it turned out the man I was talking to was a prophet.

Soon the conversation turned ugly. Since I didn't agree with his theology, and seeing as he was a "prophet", I was suddenly on the receiving end of judgement.

Anyway, I was wondering if you, Christians, believe that there are still prophets living today.

Personally I don't think so, as I believe that with the close of the canon of scripture in the first century, that God has said all that needs to be said, and that it is no longer necessary for there to be "prophets".

Your thought?

Non-Christians are welcome to comment as well.

Also, do you think I should seek to continue to engage this "prophet" in further conversations? I left the door open.

jb

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by josephw
You see, it started with a phone call to someone I was interested in buying a dairy farm from, but as it turned out the man I was talking to was a prophet.

Soon the conversation turned ugly. Since I didn't agree with his theology, and seeing as he was a "prophet", I was suddenly on the receiv ...[text shortened]... eek to continue to engage this "prophet" in further conversations? I left the door open.
There are a lot of folks like him out there. If Jesus returned he would be the first in line to kill him again.

w

Moves
05 Oct 09

Soon the conversation turned ugly. Since I didn't agree with his theology, and seeing as he was a "prophet", I was suddenly on the receiv ...[text shortened]... eek to continue to engage this "prophet" in further conversations? I left the door open.
In Corinthians Paul indicates that everything will pass away....except love. I just don't think we are there yet. As for your friend being a true prophet, that is another discussion altogether.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by joe beyser
There are a lot of folks like him out there. If Jesus returned he would be the first in line to kill him again.
That's pretty hard my friend.

No one is beyond God's Grace.

The man is clearly into himself.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by whodey
In Corinthians Paul indicates that everything will pass away....except love. I just don't think we are there yet. As for your friend being a true prophet, that is another discussion altogether.
Yes. It is as huge debate in Christendom as to whether those "things" have passed away.

The man was a contradiction in terms. He would be devoured in this forum.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
05 Oct 09

Was MLK not a prophet?

F

Moves
05 Oct 09

[I believe...] God has said all that needs to be said, and that it is no longer necessary for there to be "prophets".

Your thought?
Sounds like you are a Muslim.

I did have two thoughts but you only asked for one. So.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Oct 09

The decision to close the canon of scripture was a human one, not a divine one. It wasn't that "god" had no more to say, it's that they had no interest in hearing any more. If there is to be a moratorium on prophets, it is a self imposed one.

F

Moves
05 Oct 09

I believe that with the close of the canon of scripture in the first century, that God has said all that needs to be said
When was The Book Of Revelation added?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Oct 09

Yes I believe in prophets however I believe this type of 'spiritual activity' should come with a very firm warning about the misuse of such power. One example is prophesizing ones (or anothers) death. It cab be 'divined' but is definately not for every one,(it is said in hindu scripture)

d

Moves
05 Oct 09

do you think I should seek to continue to engage this "prophet" in further conversations?
NO!

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by daniel58
NO!
Do it Joseph, twist him up. It's what Jesus would do.