1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Dec '10 17:40
    Randi's hidden agenda is obvious to most.
    I do think he did the world a service by exposing Geller as a fraud.
    Other than that he is just a fruity old man.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 15:53
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Randi's hidden agenda is obvious to most.
    I do think he did the world a service by exposing Geller as a fraud.
    Other than that he is just a fruity old man.
    Elucidate us, what is his 'hidden' agenda? His whole life is devoted to what, debunking christianity?
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 19:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Elucidate us, what is his 'hidden' agenda? His whole life is devoted to what, debunking christianity?
    His agenda is debunking anything he can. He would debunk himself for entertainment purposes, or if he could make a dollar.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 20:10
    His agenda is debunking anything he can. He would debunk himself for entertainment purposes, or if he could make a dollar.
    So you are debunking debunking. So it's ok if asssholes like Uri Geller continues to make money bending spoons or the money grubbing right wing christians who want to make a jesusland in what they think is Nazareth.
    Personally I think you may just be jealous of Randi's successes. So why don't you start a debunking campaign of your own, there are lots of nut cases out there like the 911 conspiracy, or the moon landing fake or UFO's came down and raped my weedeater, (an actual headline in one of the stupid daily's)
  5. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 20:12
    Yes, his agenda is debunking whatever he can debunk. That's a pretty damned good and noble agenda frankly as long as he does it using evidence, logic and I haven't seen any legit reason to think he hasn't.
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 20:212 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you are debunking debunking. So it's ok if asssholes like Uri Geller continues to make money bending spoons or the money grubbing right wing christians who want to make a jesusland in what they think is Nazareth.
    Personally I think you may just be jealous of Randi's successes. So why don't you start a debunking campaign of your own, there are lots of n ...[text shortened]... r UFO's came down and raped my weedeater, (an actual headline in one of the stupid daily's)
    The only tests the foundation accepts, are the ones they design.
    I could prove or disprove anything I want if I have absolute control of the experiment.
    I am not sure which part of...
    "I do think he did the world a service by exposing Geller as a fraud."
    ...you misunderstood.
    Sexual assault on a string trimmer is NO Laughing matter, YOU GOT THAT? 😠
  7. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 20:23
    The only tests the foundation accepts, are the ones they design.
    I could prove or disprove anything I want if I have absolute control of the experiment.
    Wrong - when he tests someones claim he tells the claimant what he will do to test them and they have the option of agreeing to those criteria.

Many have accepted the criteria and still end up failing to prove their claims.

The claimants can reject the test if they want with no harm to them.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 20:251 edit
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Wrong - when he tests someones claim he tells the claimant what he will do to test them and they have the option of agreeing to those criteria.

Many have accepted the criteria and still end up failing to prove their claims.

The claimants can reject the test if they want with no harm to them.
    Your breath stinks because you're talking out your bum.
    You just restated what I said.
    Idiot
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 20:271 edit
    Your breath stinks because you're talking out your bum.
    Idiot
    You're calling ME an idiot with such a response?

You're just projecting.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

The JREF does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under which a test will take place. All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant.

(emphasis in bold added by me).

Provide an example where he did not offer the applicant the ability to approve the process. Idiot.
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 20:332 edits
    You're calling ME an idiot with such a response?

You're just projecting.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

The JREF does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under which a test will take place. [b]All tests are designed with the participation an ...[text shortened]... xample where he did not offer the applicant the ability to approve the process. Idiot.
    [/b]
    If I were projecting, I'd have called you a genius.
    Again you contradict yourself.
    All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant.
    Provide an example where he did not offer the applicant the ability to approve the process. Idiot.
    Approving and participating in the design of the test are two (2) different things.

http://www.astrologer.com/tests/randitest.htm

No need to sign your posts
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 21:27
    If I were projecting, I'd have called you a genius.
    Again you contradict yourself.
    All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant.
    Approving and participating in the design of the test are two (2) different things.

No need to sign your posts
    Wow... an astrology website as a resource? I'm sure that's about as reliable as astrology is.

You are right about one thing - approving and participating in the design of the test are two different things.

The point is that if the participant has a problem with the way the test will work, they don't have to participate and they are offered the ability to do both.

Most genius' start off with a logical argument... wonder why you started off with slinging insults. Don't worry... I won't let you waste any of my time by posting anything else in response in this thread.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 21:54
    ChessPraxis, do you believe in astrology? Honestly?

Well, this is Spiritual Forum, so it really is the correct forum to discuss it in. But astrology?
  13. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 21:58
    Wow... an astrology website as a resource? I'm sure that's about as reliable as astrology is.

You are right about one thing - approving and participating in the design of the test are two different things.

The point is that if the participant has a problem with the way the test will work, they don't have to participate and they are offered the ab ...[text shortened]... I won't let you waste any of my time by posting anything else in response in this thread.
    Yes, astrology one of the pseudo sciences, I am not saying astrology is "real."
    Let me use an example. This in a nutshell is just what is going down.

I am the great Axis, I have set up the Axis foundation and I will award anyone $1,000,000,000.00 US who can disprove anything I believe in.
    I set up the tests and experiments, you can take them or leave them.

If Randi is such a great debunker, why doesn't he allow the participants to set up their own tests, then Randi could show the trickery? The answer is, he can't possibly know all the tricks, just most of them.
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 21:59
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    ChessPraxis, do you believe in astrology? Honestly?

Well, this is Spiritual Forum, so it really is the correct forum to discuss it in. But astrology?
    I believe God made the stars, that is where it ends. 🙂
    I used the astrologer's complaint as an example only.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '10 22:041 edit
    I believe God made the stars, that is where it ends. 🙂
    I used the astrologer's complaint as an example only.
    I can very well see why astrologers are against Mr Randi.

So what is the astrologer's link proving? Nothing more that astrologers are aginst Mr Randi. Nothing else. Nothing else at all.

Every one thinking that they can prove anything supernatural can get his million dollar very easily. Uri Geller tried. He failed. Others have tried. Everyone has failed.

Mr Randi is sound. Astrologers are not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree