1. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 08:52
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    robbie carrobie...rabbit consciousness.

Coincidence?
    i put this proposition before my rabbits and they appeared quite interested, however, their propensity for dwelling on their past experience of contributing to the forum and contemplating future results has led them, not to scepticism, but to reticence. Who knows perhaps contemplating the past and consciously planning for the future may help them adopt a different strategy.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 06:583 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i put this proposition before my rabbits and they appeared quite interested, however, their propensity for dwelling on their past experience of contributing to the forum and contemplating future results has led them, not to scepticism, but to reticence. Who knows perhaps contemplating the past and consciously planning for the future may help them adopt a different strategy.
    If contemplating past experiences of social contribution and planning for the future were requisite for consciousness, then I suppose newborns and small infants are clearly not conscious.

Are you consistent on this position, or not? Does a newborn human (say, a neonate) possess consciousness? If so, why?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 09:382 edits
    If contemplating past experiences of social contribution and planning for the future were requisite for consciousness, then I suppose newborns and small infants are clearly not conscious.

Are you consistent on this position, or not? Does a newborn human (say, a neonate) possess consciousness? If so, why?
    are we by even the greatest stretch of your fertile imagination to assume from your preposterous statement that children are conscious of their actions, yes mum, it was a premeditated attempt for me to spill that milk and dribble down my bib like melony yellow does in his RHP posts.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 15:511 edit
    are we by even the greatest stretch of your fertile imagination to assume from your preposterous statement that children are conscious of their actions, yes mum, it was a premeditated attempt for me to spill that milk and dribble down my bib like melony yellow does in his RHP posts.
    I didn't ask if they are "conscious of their actions" -- I'm not exactly sure what you are committing us to there in terms of agency. I asked if neonates possess consciousness. Do they?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 16:362 edits
    I didn't ask if they are "conscious of their actions" -- I'm not exactly sure what you are committing us to there in terms of agency. I asked if neonates possess consciousness. Do they?
    i dunno, but i would doubt it by definition, for they learn from observation, not through reflection of the past. do they have the ability to reason? i have never really thought about it.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 20:361 edit
    i dunno, but i would doubt it by definition, for they learn from observation, not through reflection of the past. do they have the ability to reason? i have never really thought about it.
    I would recommend you do some further study into the notion of consciousness. Under your view (whatever it formally is), it appears that only sufficiently developed humans are "conscious": you deny that other animal species have consciousness, and you deny that, for example, young humans have consciousness. You seem to have an extremely provincial understanding of 'consciousness'. What you take to be consciousness broadly construed is actually probably just some very specific higher-order form of consciousness (that, in its limited form, may well end up being specific to developed humans, to the exclusion of all other known life forms).

Here's a link that can get you started:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/consciousness/

Additionally, a good starting point would also be to burn all your reading materials from Watchtower.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 03:252 edits
    I would recommend you do some further study into the notion of consciousness. Under your view (whatever it formally is), it appears that only sufficiently developed humans are "conscious": you deny that other animal species have consciousness, and you deny that, for example, young humans have consciousness. You seem to have an extremely provincial under ly, a good starting point would also be to burn all your reading materials from Watchtower.
    thank you for your advise, naturally i will dismiss it as one would any other piece of sensationalistic journalism. science may teach us of the world around us, it certainly does not teach us how to live and be happy! and for the record i never denied that young humans do not have consciousness, i said that i did not know, for i have never thought about it at any great length. you know rather than simply assimilating material from others, why don't you try to have an original think about things, its not so hard.
  8. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 03:38
    robbie carrobie...rabbit consciousness.

Coincidence?
    RC Cola
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 03:40
    whats R.C Cola?
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 03:49
    whats R.C Cola?
    robbie carrobie cola. Duh!!!!
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 03:54
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    robbie carrobie cola. Duh!!!!
    Lol, i dont think that it is as appealing or as fashionable as like pepsi, or coca, but hey, if you like you can have all the marketing rights!
  12. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 04:02
    Lol, i dont think that it is as appealing or as fashionable as like pepsi, or coca, but hey, if you like you can have all the marketing rights!
    There already is an RC cola, but now you got me thinking. How about a Robbie Carrobie edition of the Ford Explorer. Edie Bauer is getting old anyway.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 04:12
    There already is an RC cola, but now you got me thinking. How about a Robbie Carrobie edition of the Ford Explorer. Edie Bauer is getting old anyway.
    Lol, Gavelstone is your man, hes a Ford man, Mustangs. i prefer Japanese cars, and anyhow, no one would buy a car with Robbie Carrobie , written on it. i have a Mitsubishi, L200 pickup, it has WARRIOR on the side, others have names like TROJAN, or ANIMAL, but Robbie Carrobie, no way my friend!

Joe Beyser, now that is a name, in the U.K we have a huge sports chain called just that, J.B. Sports, now that has panache.
  14. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 04:18
    Lol, Gavelstone is your man, hes a Ford man, Mustangs. i prefer Japanese cars, and anyhow, no one would buy a car with Robbie Carrobie , written on it. i have a Mitsubishi, L200 pickup, it has WARRIOR on the side, others have names like TROJAN, or ANIMAL, but Robbie Carrobie, no way my friend!

Joe Beyser, now that is a name, in the U.K we have a huge sports chain called just that, J.B. Sports, now that has panache.
    I gotta say you are being modest here. Robbie Carrobie has a good ring to it! It would sound good on skis too.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 04:58
    I gotta say you are being modest here. Robbie Carrobie has a good ring to it! It would sound good on skis too.
    awe shucks 😳

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree