JayWill and Jehovahs Witness, same initials?

JayWill and Jehovahs Witness, same initials?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Aug 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
it was a poor analogy of the dangers of getting into an area of debate ill prepared. its gone and best forgotten 🙂
You did take a bit of a pasting in that one.

rc

Moves
28 Aug 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
You did take a bit of a pasting in that one.
occupational hazard my friend! 🙂

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Aug 09

occupational hazard my friend! 🙂
Of being stupid?!😉

rc

Moves
30 Aug 09
1 edit

Of being stupid?!😉
no, of dealing with irate members of the public. it is really incredible noobster, that one should assume that i have somehow received a 'pasting', in your own words, when i offered no resistance whatsoever, no counter arguments, nothing, and was subject just to the usual abuse, therefore i have found it expedient to simply agree that i was 'pasted', simply for the sake of some peace and quiet.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Aug 09
1 edit

no, of dealing with irate members of the public. it is really incredible noobster, that one should assume that i have somehow received a 'pasting', in your own words, when i offered no resistance whatsoever, no counter arguments, nothing, and was subject just to the usual abuse, therefore i have found it expedient to simply agree that i was 'pasted', simply for the sake of some peace and quiet.
Robbie you through the first insult, you can hardly then put on the 'i didn't do anything wrong why am i getting all the abuse' hat that you like to wear every now and again.

rc

Moves
30 Aug 09
4 edits

Robbie you through the first insult, you can hardly then put on the 'i didn't do anything wrong why am i getting all the abuse' hat that you like to wear every now and again.
oh noobster, i was only having some fun, really. In sincerity i believe it to be a cultural difference, this i say to you without reservation or affectation. we persons north of the border have a egalitarian sensibility that i have not found south of the border or elsewhere, which means, that from childhood, we are want to make fun of each other. what this means is, that when we state that someone is a muppet, it is never intended to be a personal insult, its just making fun, now we ourselves, never take it personally when someone terms us the same, for we realise that it was never intended to be a personal insult with intent to hurt, but this is not the case with the uninitiated noobs elsewhere, for they have not this egalitarian cultural concept, and believe me when i say this, the whole banter thing seems quite alien to them. thus for example i term you noobster, it does not mean that i think you are a noob, or anything remotely resembling a noob, its just our way of making fun. i do not think any less of you, nor would i expect you to take it personally, this cannot be said of some of the stiffer members of the forum, for the concept is culturally alien to them.