1. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 19:36
    Originally posted by leestatic
    yeah that's all good but do they have to drag their kids around in the freezing cold or rain?
    i've asked them in once never again! they just wouldn't damm leave.
    LOL. I too asked why they dragged their kids around with them dispite of the weather. Boys in suits, girls all pretty bows in hair ugh!

When I asked this question and they said 'Our children wish to come with us.' I asked bothe the both the boy and the girl. I told them to look me in the eye and not look at the people with them. Bothanswered they were TOLD to come with them. I said to one man how nice the boy looked in his suit. (ugh) He replied in words to the effect of ;'My boy always looks nice.' Do you love him I asked?
    Of course I love him, Jesus says...blah blah blah....
    'Hang on a minute' I said. 'If you love him why would you watch him die without doing anything at all.' He asked what I meant, switching from one foot to the other. I turned to the kid and said 'Do you know that if you got knocked over and need a blood transfusion, do you know your loving caring dad would say no?
    He wasn't aware and started having a go at his dad asking him why. When the other guy and the girl chipped in I quietly shut the door. 'Evil git' I thought to myself laughing. Cheered me up all day.
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 22:24
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    No jobs do not get you there, working for entry isn't the way it is done.
    Kelly
    Good post...The way to "heaven" or "paradise" has always been a free gift through the only way which is Jesus Christ. But JW are sincere, and I respect that. But sincerety is no garauntee for truth. They only know what they have been taught. I invite them in hoping that the Lord Jesus will work through me and shed some light to them. To free them from the error of their ways. Having said that, I will not embarress them or be rude to them....that is not God's way....it is the goodness of God that leads men to repentance.
  3. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 22:25
    Originally posted by wib
    I'll never understand JW's. Why they feel this need to go out and recruit others into their fold is baffling. Oh I understand why their religion wants them to do it, if they don't recruit then the religion doesn't grow. And if it doesn't grow it dies.

But why individuals would go door to door and *spread the word* is beyond me. Is it an act that hel ...[text shortened]... towards the Baptist religion, I don't recall us ever going door to door trying to recruit.

Well this my problem. If they wish to spread the words of their faith by all means leave a pamphlet in the mailbox. I don't mind reading literature and such but why invade in on my personal private space. My home. I don't think I would mind if they were asking for donations to help aid in missions or heck even ask me if I'll contribute any bottles to a bottle drive. But don't try to convert me when I'm in the middle of whatever it is I might be doing in the comfort of my own home. I feel the same about telemarketers. Don't invade my home. It's a small, simple request is all I'm saying.
  4. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 22:34
    Originally posted by checkbaitor
    But sincerety is no garauntee for truth. They only know what they have been taught.
    *sniff*

Man, I love you guys. So unintentionally ironical.
  5. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 23:22
    Having said that, I will not embarress them or be rude to them....that is not God's way....it is the goodness of God that leads men to repentance.
    Well I would never be rude to them or slam the door on them or anything, just not in my nature, but I do have my bad days where no one is safe. They never come on these bad days. But a chick selling magazines did once, will not be seeing her again.
  6. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    17 Aug '05 08:06
    Originally posted by wib
    the Baptist religion
    Sorry?
  7. Joined
    04 Jul '05
    Moves
    17 Aug '05 13:56
    I turned to the kid and said 'Do you know that if you got knocked over and need a blood transfusion, do you know your loving caring dad would say no?
    Thats right. But JW's have funded alternatives for many years now.

These alternatives are becoming more and more popular, that general people are now realising that Blood does not need to be given. (In fact it carries diseases.)

I think JW's want the best possible treatment for anyone, just without blood.

Bye The Sphinx. (Nice talking to you again)
  8. Joined
    04 Jul '05
    Moves
    17 Aug '05 13:59
    Good post...The way to "heaven" or "paradise" has always been a free gift through the only way which is Jesus Christ. But JW are sincere, and I respect that. But sincerety is no garauntee for truth. They only know what they have been taught. I invite them in hoping that the Lord Jesus will work through me and shed some light to them. To free them fro ...[text shortened]... ude to them....that is not God's way....it is the goodness of God that leads men to repentance.
    Spot On. JW's believe that it is through Jesus that they will be saved. (Not their religion).

I think we all make mistakes, (including JW's, as they are only people like us) but nontheless, you are correct.

May peace be with you.

From Tim
  9. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    17 Aug '05 14:12
    Originally posted by Phledos
    Thats right. But JW's have funded alternatives for many years now.

These alternatives are becoming more and more popular, that general people are now realising that Blood does not need to be given. (In fact it carries diseases.)

I think JW's want the best possible treatment for anyone, just without blood.

Bye The Sphinx. (Nice talking to you again)
    If I was a JW and one of my family needed blood I'd happily offer mine. £2.75 a pint! lol

Cheers mate :-)
  10. Joined
    04 Jul '05
    Moves
    17 Aug '05 14:37
    Originally posted by TheSphinx
    If I was a JW and one of my family needed blood I'd happily offer mine. £2.75 a pint! lol

Cheers mate :-)
    Apparantly, the have a machine called the Cell Saver, which:

- Injects an alternative to blood, that has similar properties,
    - Clears up old blood, that they may have leaked from an accident,
    - Purifies it,
    - is re-transplanted into the patient. (Which, I think is acceptable to them.)

I heard that the NHS buy a pint of blood for over £60.
    I dont know if its true, but anyway.

C ya Sphinx.
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    17 Aug '05 17:24
    Originally posted by mokko
    Why do these people insist on intruding in on my personal space to impose their deluded versions of the bible and quote obsessively from revelations? I have my own beliefs but you will never see me trying to impose those beliefs on anyone else let alone go knocking on peoples doors to express those beliefs. Never being one for rudeness I always smile and patie ...[text shortened]... a sure fire way to make them stop coming around pushing the kingdom of paradise down my throat.
    Let me tell you what I did when I was a teenager. They would come every weekend and want to talk and give me literature. I finally said, "Look, I will take your literature if you will look at some of my literture." The lady said "fine." I went back to my room and brought out a stack of Playboy magazines. They were never heard from again. I know you tend to not like that kind of "literature" but it may well serve your purpose here, my sister.
  12. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    17 Aug '05 18:38
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Let me tell you what I did when I was a teenager. They would come every weekend and want to talk and give me literature. I finally said, "Look, I will take your literature if you will look at some of my literture." The lady said "fine." I went back to my room and brought out a stack of Playboy magazines. They were never heard from again. I know ...[text shortened]... tend to not like that kind of "literature" but it may well serve your purpose here, my sister.
    Jeez Kirksey! You made me spit coffe all over my keyboard! lol

13. Joined
    04 Jul '05
    Moves
    18 Aug '05 15:30
    Have you ever wondered why JW's call around so much?

From Tim. 🙂
  14. Standard memberTheSphinx
    The-Sphinx
    South East England
    Moves
    18 Aug '05 19:09
    Originally posted by Phledos
    Apparantly, the have a machine called the Cell Saver, which:

- Injects an alternative to blood, that has similar properties,
    - Clears up old blood, that they may have leaked from an accident,
    - Purifies it,
    - is re-transplanted into the patient. (Which, I think is acceptable to them.)

I heard that the NHS buy a pint of blood for over £60.
    I dont know if its true, but anyway.

C ya Sphinx.
    You pulling my plonker?
  15. Joined
    04 Jul '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 13:13
    Originally posted by TheSphinx
    You pulling my plonker?
    I think so. Im not 2 sure about the £60 bit. (Thats what I heard), but the rest is definatly true.

C ya Sphinx

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree