1. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 21:051 edit
    one thing but able to be the same substance in three ways all at once...frozen jello is still jello....liquid jello is still jello and solid jello is still jello...the same substance but able to appear in three ways...could i take this jello example to the mormons ( who are not trinitarians ) and bring it up the next time the issue of green jello comes up ( it is an urban rumour that mormons have a thing about green jello )....is jello a teaching tool or
    will i put my gelatinezed foot in my mouth ?...( and YES, YES, i did spell the thread title wrong...it is not desert...it is dezzert...satisfied now ! )...
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 02:33
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    one thing but able to be the same substance in three ways all at once...frozen jello is still jello....liquid jello is still jello and solid jello is still jello...the same substance but able to appear in three ways...could i take this jello example to the mormons ( who are not trinitarians ) and bring it up the next time the issue of green jello comes up ( ...[text shortened]... ES, i did spell the thread title wrong...it is not desert...it is dezzert...satisfied now ! )...
    Nonesense. Jello cannot be three things in one. That is contradictory!!!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 02:39
    nooo....i make one gallon of jello...i freeze one third, i put one third in the ice box and i leave one third on the table..the one gallon becomes three different manifestations of jello and yet they are all the same substance...a trinity...
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 02:441 edit
    nooo....i make one gallon of jello...i freeze one third, i put one third in the ice box and i leave one third on the table..the one gallon becomes three different manifestations of jello and yet they are all the same substance...a trinity...
    Prove it!! I say all jello's lead to the same stomach. There is no difference.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 02:55
    ....prove it ?...i take my jello forms on faith alone...
  6. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 02:57
    one thing but able to be the same substance in three ways all at once...frozen jello is still jello....liquid jello is still jello and solid jello is still jello...the same substance but able to appear in three ways...could i take this jello example to the mormons ( who are not trinitarians ) and bring it up the next time the issue of green jello comes up ( ...[text shortened]... ES, i did spell the thread title wrong...it is not desert...it is dezzert...satisfied now ! )...
    I heard an apple analogy that works too.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 02:59
    ..apples belong to the devil...all red fruit and vegetables are devil food...
  8. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 03:04
    Let’s say the frozen jello is the Logos of God incarnate. Does he have to stay in the freezer? If he leaves and thaws out, does he become a different hypostasis? Can the other two persons be present as well, or can just one hypostasis be in any one place at a time? Can the other two join the frozen one in the freezer, or would they...?

Or, once part of the jello is solidified, can it be made liquid again?

😉

Basically, I think the analogy covers the substance issue, but loses something of the dynamic tri-unity. It seems more like identical triplets: Jesus can be in Galilee, while the Holy Spirit decamps to Bangladesh...

There is also the question of two-natures in one hypostasis in the incarnate Christ: add in some walnuts, maybe?

Somehow jello removes some of the mysticism. On the other hand, my own understanding of the trinity probably smacked of Sabellianism.

How many persons live in your mind? Are any of them walnuts?

Tongue-in-cheek disclaimer for this whole post.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 03:13
    ..hey...for a vegie what do you know about jello ( made from cow horn and hoooves, etc. ) ?...
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 03:18
    ..hey...for a vegie what do you know about jello ( made from cow horn and hoooves, etc. ) ?...
    LOL! I'm not a vegie, though.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 03:24
    ..now you tempt me to have jello for communion...
  12. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 03:48
    ..now you tempt me to have jello for communion...
    One sacrilege deserves another? ‘Fraid I’d go for Gin and olives, however...
  13. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 05:31
    What about water?
    It comes in three different states - all of which have quite different properties - but is pretty easy to convert from one form to another and back again.

Oh sorry, jelly (that's we call it here) is much funnier though isn't it?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Nov '07 06:55
    They are all jello, but they are not all the same piece of Jello. Hence the Trinity are all gods but they are not the same god, so the doctrine of One God is false.
  15. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    28 Nov '07 04:20
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    They are all jello, but they are not all the same piece of Jello. Hence the Trinity are all gods but they are not the same god, so the doctrine of One God is false.
    Back to the apple analogy! The skin is "apple", the inner fruity part is "apple", and the seeds are "apple". They are each "apple" but they each have a different role. They are distinctly different, yet all are apple.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree