1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 03:57
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Yeah, I already knew that Jehovah Witnesses believe in heritical ideas. Thanks for letting us know.
    It's actually the other way around. We believe in the bible, not teachings that have paganistic origins such as the trinity. That came from Babylon, not the bible.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 04:00
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    It's actually the other way around. We believe in the bible, not teachings that have paganistic origins such as the trinity. That came from Babylon, not the bible.
    Of course that is what you believe. When we die we will find out how things work out.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 04:301 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar to a Jehovah's Witness
    Of course that is what you believe. When we die we will find out how things work out.
    What do you think happens to Jehovah's Witnesses when they die?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 04:44
    Originally posted by @fmf
    What do you think happens to Jehovah's Witnesses when they die?
    Same thing that happens to all of us, God makes the call.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 04:49
    Same thing that happens to all of us, God makes the call.
    And, according to your beliefs, what "call" do you think your god figure will make about Jehovah's Witnesses when they die?
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 04:59
    I do not have a burden of proof. God does and He will demonstrate the truth of it in time.
    You have a burden of proof if you wish for your claims to be taken with a semblance of seriousness.

But maybe you are fine without that. Just blame it on "libtards and skeptics" rather than your own piss-poor argumentation. Maybe you really can delude yourself of this if you repeat it enough times.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 05:27
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    The Watchtower | November 2008
    Was the Word “God” or “a god”?

"That question has to be considered when Bible translators handle the first verse of the Gospel of John. In the New World Translation, the verse is rendered: “In the beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.” (John 1:1) Some other translations render t ...[text shortened]... ot even including Jesus. The Bible says that Jehovah is ( 1 ) god, not 3 as the trinity teaches.
    However, the JW doctrine was invented before the writing of the NWT.

Somehow not surprising that the freelanced NWT followed the already created doctrine of those who ponied up for the "translation".
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 05:28
    And now she retreats unwilling to deal with the obvious contradiction in her belief.
    There is no contradiction in my belief.

Stop lying about something you apparently have no idea about.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 05:51
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    There is no contradiction in my belief.

Stop lying about something you apparently have no idea about.
    It is only consistent as long as you do not try to explain it. All you need to do is say the God of the OT was wrong but Jesus is right.

Yet you fail to take into account that they are in total agreement with each other.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '18 17:57
    Originally posted by @fmf
    And, according to your beliefs, what "call" do you think your god figure will make about Jehovah's Witnesses when they die?
    From my point of view it is too close to call.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree