Elohim Gibor
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 03:411 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Jesus Christ: Almighty God

http://www.matthewmcgee.org/deity.html
    Do you think this piece supports the trinitarian view of the Godhead?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 04:07
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Do you think this piece supports the trinitarian view of the Godhead?
    Perhaps, but that was not my reason for posting it.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 04:10
    Perhaps, but that was not my reason for posting it.
    Perhaps if you put your reason for posting it in your OP we could save time?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 04:291 edit
    Perhaps if you put your reason for posting it in your OP we could save time?
    Well, the reason was to give galveston75 and the JWs food for thought, if they will consider it.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 08:201 edit
    Well, the reason was to give galveston75 and the JWs food for thought, if they will consider it.
    Well they never consider any other opinion or evidence that's put before them - have you been at all following the last few pages of the "was Mary the mother of Jesus" thread?

Probably not, thinking about it...

PS: assuming that posting a link with no text in your OP - a) constitutes a premise for discussion and b) will be even looked at, it is naive. Especially with your history here.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 11:13
    Well they never consider any other opinion or evidence that's put before them - have you been at all following the last few pages of the "was Mary the mother of Jesus" thread?

PS: assuming that posting a link with no text in your OP - a) constitutes a premise for discussion and b) will be even looked at, it is naive. Especially with your history here.
    If you had really paid attention to that thread you would have noticed that I posted in that thread. 😏
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 15:54
    If you had really paid attention to that thread you would have noticed that I posted in that thread. 😏
    Your posting in a thread bears no correlation with your comprehension of the topic.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 16:07
    Jesus Christ: Almighty God

http://www.matthewmcgee.org/deity.html
    Doesn't prove anything. If anything it disproves Jesus being the Almighty God which is never said in any Bible on the planet.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 19:10
    For an example of the Bible's explination of who the " Lord Almighty/Jehovah" is compared to the Lord/Jesus, here ya go......
    The messenger here is Jesus or God's spokesman the "word'.

Malachi 3:1-6
    Good News Translation (GNT)

3 The Lord Almighty answers, “I will send my messenger to prepare the way for me. Then the Lord you are looking for will suddenly come to his Temple. The messenger you long to see will come and proclaim my covenant.”

2 But who will be able to endure the day when he comes? Who will be able to survive when he appears? He will be like strong soap, like a fire that refines metal. 3 He will come to judge like one who refines and purifies silver. As a metalworker refines silver and gold, so the Lord's messenger will purify the priests, so that they will bring to the Lord the right kind of offerings. 4 Then the offerings which the people of Judah and Jerusalem bring to the Lord will be pleasing to him, as they used to be in the past.

5 The Lord Almighty says, “I will appear among you to judge, and I will testify at once against those who practice magic, against adulterers, against those who give false testimony, those who cheat employees out of their wages, and those who take advantage of widows, orphans, and foreigners—against all who do not respect me.

The Payment of Tithes
    6 “I am the Lord, and I do not change. And so you, the descendants of Jacob, are not yet completely lost.

Cross references:Malachi 3:1 : Matt 11:10; Mark 1:2; Luke 1:76; Mal 7:27Malachi 3:2 : Joel 2:11; Rev 6:17Malachi 3:6 : Sir 48:10
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Aug '12 04:251 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    For an example of the Bible's explination of who the " Lord Almighty/Jehovah" is compared to the Lord/Jesus, here ya go......
    The messenger here is Jesus or God's spokesman the "word'.

Malachi 3:1-6
    Good News Translation (GNT)

3 The Lord Almighty answers, “I will send my messenger to prepare the way for me. Then the Lord you are looking for 10; Mark 1:2; Luke 1:76; Mal 7:27Malachi 3:2 : Joel 2:11; Rev 6:17Malachi 3:6 : Sir 48:10
    Yes, I agree the Lord Almighty mentioned there reminds me of Jesus, God manifested in the flesh.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Aug '12 04:29

I am tempted to say "hardly ever", but generally speaking "never" is the most accurate term,yep... 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree