1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 16:12
    Originally posted by David C
    I got this far...

"The Lord Jesus is going to ask each of us One Question and only One Question (holds up one finger for emphasis)...

(1) Did you believe that I loved you? (2) That I desired you? (3) That I waited for you day after day? (4) That I longed to hear the sound of your voice?"

Funny. Jesus may be the Lord of Creation, but apparently has a ...[text shortened]... OOMA videos. I'm sure you'll get the warm fuzzies after ingesting some of Rob's confection.
    Wow, that's creepy. Makes it sound like Jesus is a pervert, and we are his handmade sex dolls.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 16:153 edits
    If when I die, I find myself standing before Yahweh, I will make a motion to grant me a time extension to prepare my case.
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 17:05
    Originally posted by telerion
    If when I die, I find myself standing before Yahweh, I will make a motion to grant me a time extension to prepare my case.
    ...and what will your case be my friend?
  4. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 00:23
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Is a parent who says come over here and keep warm next to this fire being conditional or just stating the way it is.
    That's not an appropriate analogy, I'm afraid, since the parent isn't telling the child "if you don't come over to the fireside, you will freeze forever and ever and ever in the cold that I created especially for those who disobey".

Have you checked out Rob Bell's devotionals on YouTube yet?
  5. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 05:451 edit
    Be prepared to quote Talmud; the rabbis have probably thought of every possible case (and, according to tradition, have won a few). Better yet, see if you can find a rabbi to act as your advocate.

Might take awhile, though: According to A.J. Heschel’s version, Avraham is “still standing there”, waiting for justice on behalf of the doomed of Sodom...
  6. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    07 Sep '07 07:28
    Originally posted by David C
    That's not an appropriate analogy, I'm afraid, since the parent isn't telling the child "if you don't come over to the fireside, you will freeze forever and ever and ever in the cold that I created especially for those who disobey".

Have you checked out Rob Bell's devotionals on YouTube yet?
    No it's more a case of "here I am , the fire is over here if you want it , come and keep warm with me , if you don't then you will get cold , and getting cold is not very nice at all so I am going to warn you about it and keep telling you about the warm fire"
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 00:57
    😀
    And how would your new life be?

Well, if there is an afterlife, and heaven, and all that, I just hope Isaac Newton and is fellows have overthrown all Gods. Newton knows I love Him. He would get a sweet spot for me.
  8. Joined
    07 Sep '07
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 18:59
    U know wht he was crazy but tht is a good thing cause he was crazy enough to DIE ON THE CROOS 4 OUR SINS so tht we could live 4ever with him if we choose to accept his free gift thts wht i call crazy love
  9. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    14 Sep '07 21:37
    Originally posted by demonslayr
    U know wht he was crazy but tht is a good thing cause he was crazy enough to DIE ON THE CROOS 4 OUR SINS so tht we could live 4ever with him if we choose to accept his free gift thts wht i call crazy love
    brennan manning called it "the final foolishness of love"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree