1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 15:23
    galveston, this thread offers some proofs that the New Testament teaching is the Jesus is Jehovah.

The things which Jehovah claimed for Himself in the Old Testament Jesus claimed for Himself.

Some examples below:
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 15:291 edit
    In the Old Testament Jehovah is called "my shepherd" -
    "Jehovah is my Shepherd, I will lack nothing." (Psalm 23:1)

Jesus teaches that He is "the good Shepherd"
    "I am the good Shepherd, the good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep." (John 10:11)

Jesus is Jehovah the Shepherd incarnated as a man to be the good Shepherd.
    Jehovah sent His Son who is Jehovah.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 15:31
    "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone."

Mark 10:18
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 15:33
    'By myself, I can do nothing: I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who has sent me.'

John 5:30
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 15:341 edit
    @sonship said
    this thread offers some proofs that the New Testament teaching is the Jesus is Jehovah.
    So Jesus is not a distinct person from Jehovah then?

As in the trinity...
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 15:34
    'The Father is greater than I.'

John 14:28
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 15:35
    'My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?'

Matthew 27:46
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 15:393 edits
    Galveston,

Jesus taught that He is the judge of all nations and all human beings.

"For just as the Father has life in Himself, so He gave to the Son to also have life in Himself; And He gave Him authority to execute judgment because He is the Son of Man." (John 5:26,27)

We see Jesus calling all the nations before Him to be judged in Matthew 25:31.

"But when the Son of Man comes in His glory and all the angels with Him, at that time He will sit on the throne of His glory." (Matt. 25:1)

You know the rest of the passage. The Son of Man judges the living nations. But the prophet Joel says Jehovah will judge all the nations round about.

"Let the nations rouse themselves and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat, For there I [Jehovah] will sit to judge all the surrounding nations." (Joel 3:12)

Jesus is Jehovah God.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 15:46
    "So Jesus explained, 'I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself."

John 5:19
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 15:512 edits
    Galveston,

The Old Testament said Jehovah was the everlasting light -

"You will no longer have the sun for your light by day, Nor for brightness will the moon give you light; But Jehovah will be an eternal light to you, and your God your beauty." (Isaiah 60:19)

But Jesus said that He was the light of the world.

"Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, I am the light of the world; he who follows Me shall by no means walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." (John 8:12)

Do you see Galveston? You were cheated by false teachers. Jehovah became the Man Jesus Who is the light of the world. God became a man.

In Him [the Logos, the Word Who became flesh] was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it." (John 1:4,5)

Jesus is Jehovah God, the light of divine life.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 15:55
    You all can see all of the other wonderful passages showing the other side of the revelation - the distinction between the Father and the Son.

But there is no separation. There is distinction yet mutual inheritance. Within each lives the other.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 16:071 edit
    Open your hearts. Jehovah in the Old Testament spoke of Himself as the bridegroom.

"For as a young man marries a virgin, Your sons will marry you; And with the joy of the bridegroom over the bride Your God will rejoice over you." (Isaiah 62:5)

"And in that day, declares Jehovah, You will call Me My Husband ..." (Hos. 2:16a)

Yet after the incarnation of God as a man, Jesus says that He is the coming Bridegroom.

"At that time the kingdom of the heavens will be liked to ten virgins, who look their lamps and went forth to meet the bridegroom." (Matt. 25:1)

Jesus is an all-inclusive and extensive One with different roles. He is Jehovah comes to judge. He is also the Bridegroom, the pleasant Husband to His people.

"All the fullness of the Godhead dwells in Him bodily" says Colossians 2:9.

Galveston, all the other wonderful verses people have submitted are true of Jesus also. Yet He is Jehovah God become a man.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 16:09
    “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 16:202 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke ... and Galveston

'My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?'

Jesus is Jehovah become a man.
    We see both sides of His being being expressed in the New Testament.

Here we see Him crying out under the terrible judgment upon the sin of man on the cross.

Zechariah chapter 2 reveals how Jehovah God sent Jehovah God. Something of the mysterious nature of God is seen even before we get to the incarnation in the New Testament.

"For thus says Jehovah of hosts, After the glory He has sent Me against the nations who plunder you; for he who touches you touches the pupil of His eye.

For I am not waving My hand over them, and they will be plunder for those who served them; and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me.

Give a ringing shout and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for now I am coming, and I will dwell in your midst, declares Jehovah.

And many nations will join themselves to Jehovah in that day and will become My people; and I will dwell in your midst, and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me to you." (Zech. 2:8-11)

Examining this passage carefully we see a great mystery. Jehovah is both the Sender and the One Sent. Jehovah God is both the Speaker and the One sent by Jehovah of hosts.

God sends God. God is sent forth by God.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jan '20 16:30
    @sonship said

Examining this passage carefully we see a great mystery. Jehovah is both the Sender and the One Sent. Jehovah God is both the Speaker and the One sent by Jehovah of hosts.

God sends God. God is sent forth by God.
    Is this a mystery or simply an oxymoron retrospectively interwoven into scripture?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree