1. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    11 Feb '24 15:37
    @divegeester said
    Perhaps you should post in a private club where you can feel more comfortable listening to the echos.
    YouTube&list=OLAK5uy_m-xdw7G67i-srI8WnxuGHDHa2xBgY5g5g
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '24 16:25
    @pettytalk said
    You are obsessed with your own petty talk. You seem to think too much of yourself and your words. I wouldn't describe it as stalking—it's essentially giving you what you crave: attention. You should be grateful to those who give it to you.
    What on Earth is the matter with you?
  3. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    12 Feb '24 08:204 edits
    @pettytalk said
    The main arguments posited for the Jews' rejection of Jesus as the messiah are well known and documented. Some argue that even the general rejection was prophesied, referencing Isaiah 53.

That point of rejection was directed at Jesus' complaint that even his own immediate family did not believe or acknowledge him as the promised messiah. I imagine Jesus never performed ...[text shortened]... then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." The poor have brothers too.
    Some argue that even the general rejection was prophesied, referencing Isaiah 53 - - - You're pretty close, many events of the life of Jesus can be found in the Old Testament, though I would add Isaiah 53 was not a reference to a "general rejection" but rather being rejected by selective groups such as the orthodox Jewish rulers and many in his hometown. Clearly, Jesus had a large number of followers in Israel.

Additionally, in his hometown of Nazareth, and in the local synagogue where Jesus must have attended many times before, he never displayed his wisdom or miraculous skills up to that point. - - -This is because Jesus' ministry took place in the last 3 years of his life, so there was no need for displays of deep wisdom or miraculous skills before then.

The fact that Jesus primarily preached to the poor does not negate his rejection by his own poor family, - - - This is incorrect, Jesus' family accepted him for what he claimed to be, which was the son of God.

Jesus did not preach to those who were aware of their faults, but rather to those who were not. - - - This also is incorrect, Jesus preached to anyone that would listen i.e. those who were aware of their faults and those that were not.

Your OP was correct on some points and incorrect on others -
  4. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    12 Feb '24 17:09
    @mchill said
    Some argue that even the general rejection was prophesied, referencing Isaiah 53 - - - You're pretty close, many events of the life of Jesus can be found in the Old Testament, though I would add Isaiah 53 was not a reference to a "general rejection" but rather being rejected by selective groups such as the orthodox Jewish rulers and many in his hometown. Clearly, Jesus had a l ...[text shortened]... heir faults and those that were not.

Your OP was correct on some points and incorrect on others -
    Just one point, as to why I ain't wasting time no more. You said: "This is because Jesus' ministry took place in the last 3 years of his life, so there was no need for displays of deep wisdom or miraculous skills before then." And also this: Jesus' family accepted him for what he claimed to be, which was the son of God.

I point you to Luke 2:41-52

41 Every year Jesus’ parents went to Jerusalem for the Festival of the Passover. 42 When he was twelve years old, they went up to the festival, according to the custom. 43 After the festival was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it. 44 Thinking he was in their company, they traveled on for a day. Then they began looking for him among their relatives and friends. 45 When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him. 46 After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. 47 Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers. 48 When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him, “Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you.”

49 “Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?” 50 But they did not understand what he was saying to them.

51 Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart. 52 And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.

Again: But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own country, among his own relatives, and in his own house.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree