1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 02:52
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Who wrote the bible? Jesus? No? If you follow the bible, you are following the writer, and what he chooses to write, which is not necessarily what the individual being written believed or advocated.
    We are following those who God chose to tell the world about him just like Jesus chose the 12.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 02:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    chose voting as the most effecient means of determining consensus in an assembled group.
    How else they going to work out what most people think, chuckles?
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 02:57
    We are following those who God chose to tell the world about him just like Jesus chose the 12.
    Ah, so you're not following Jesus at all then. If you can't see the lead car, how can you tell it's still there??
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 02:57
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If you understood how your bible came to be written, I don't think you'd be so quick to take its contents as the literal truth. What the bible said and what Jesus said are two very different things.
    I know how the bible came to be written. Your problem is you believe the revisionists' writings. I am in no way prepared to argue this point.
    I'm stuck in circular reasoning when it comes to faith in God. But I will read your reply with interest.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 03:00
    Wait a second, how can we take what Nemesio is saying as literal?
    What? Oh! I get it. You're not being literal.
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 03:00
    Originally posted by josephw
    I know how the bible came to be written.
    There, were you?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 03:001 edit
    How else they going to work out what most people think, chuckles?
    Is this how scientists work out their problems? Do they vote on various theories by casting colored beads?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 03:01
    Ah, so you're not following Jesus at all then. If you can't see the lead car, how can you tell it's still there??
    No, who chose the 12? Why did he choose the 12? If he had planned on doing it all himself he would not have needed the 12. God works with us not for us.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 03:13
    Do you have any credible evidence of this ever having happened to anyone?
    You don't need evidence, you just need faith. And if you had faith, you would have all the evidence you would need.

Consider this though. In all of human history no one else has ever been able to make this claim. Why? One would think there would be all kinds of people claiming to have risen from the dead. I'm not talking about a nut here and there. I mean, why is there no claim of resurrection of any other person in any other religious system?
    The answer is because there's no "credible evidence" for them to make such a claim. The resurrection of Jesus Christ can not be counterfeited or duplicated.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 03:18
    Keep-a-towing that party line.
    I could say the same thing to you. That's why I sometimes think this forum is a waste of time. I went back to the first thread posted in this forum, and it looks like the same thing we see here today. I don't anyone has been converted yet.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 03:33
    Rubbish. It just means one isn't a Paulist.
    No point in believing in someone who's dead.
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 03:36
    No, who chose the 12? Why did he choose the 12? If he had planned on doing it all himself he would not have needed the 12. God works with us not for us.
    are you sure 100% that any of the 12 wrote any part of the NT?
  13. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 03:38
    Originally posted by josephw
    Let's say that one day Jesus died on the cross. Then three days later he comes back to life. You know, rises from the dead. Literally.
    That's what the bible says. It's a no brainer.
    You are having a tremendous amount of difficulty following me here.

Bishop Spong has read the Bible. You have read the Bible. He knows what it 'says.' You know what
    it 'says.' You both can quote it and repeat the exact same verse.

However, he takes the words to mean something that you don't think they mean, and you take the
    words to mean something that he doesn't think they mean.

He does not take the Resurrection as a literal event, but a figurative one. You are of the opinion that
    such a viewpoint cheapens the Resurrection. He is of the opinion that such a perspective enriches it.

He calls himself a Christian and you a misguided sheep. You call him a heretic and yourself a true
    believer.

Nemesio
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 03:40
    There, were you?
    Neither was anyone else. It just depends on who one believes. And when one believes in, and exercices faith toward God, then God supernaturally causes one to have a spiritual awakening.
    It's really real. Really! I'm not lying.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 03:47
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    You are having a tremendous amount of difficulty following me here.

Bishop Spong has read the Bible. You have read the Bible. He knows what it 'says.' You know what
    it 'says.' You both can quote it and repeat the exact same verse.

However, he takes the words to [b]mean
    something that you don't think they mean, and you take the
    words to mea ...[text shortened]... d you a misguided sheep. You call him a heretic and yourself a true
    believer.

Nemesio
    On the contrary. Spong is wrong. You're wrong if you believe Spong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree