1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '17 20:53
    Originally posted by @sonship
    How does exposing this or that cause you to grow in the Lord ?

Is grace in you increased exactly proportional to how some people are exposed ?
    Seriously.

[quote]
    [b] New American Standard Bible 3 peter 3:18

but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. A ...[text shortened]... wledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus proportional to how many and much these people are exposed ?[/b]
    It isn't for my growth that I post. It is to expose the lies professed by those around here.

Thanks for the bumps, perhaps one more person will read this and be exposed to truth.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Sep '17 22:371 edit
    Originally posted by @eladar
    It isn't for my growth that I post. It is to expose the lies professed by those around here.

Thanks for the bumps, perhaps one more person will read this and be exposed to truth.

Has the exposing of lies, the exposing of more lies, and the exposing of even more and more and more lies caused you to grow closer to God ?

is that the benefit of exposing more and more and more lies ?
    I am not sure that just knowing these things makes you one bit better than others.

Maybe it is just "the knowledge of good and evil". That is just something to be proud of. You get bothered and agitated in just gloating at failures. It doesn't necessarily warm up anyone's heart towards God.

Just getting big bulging eyes that say "Get a Load of This Lie!" may not help anyone at all to love God more. Have you found that to be somewhat true ?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '17 22:49
    Originally posted by @sonship
    [b]It isn't for my growth that I post. It is to expose the lies professed by those around here.

Has the exposing of lies, the exposing of more lies, and the exposing of even more and more and more lies caused you to grow closer to God ?

is th ...[text shortened]... !" [/b] may not help anyone at all to love God more. Have you found that to be somewhat true ?[/b]
    Exposing lies and revealing truth is its own reward.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '17 22:51
    Thank goodness you are here to help us Eladar.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Sep '17 23:33
    Those who teach lies to turn others away, well they will have blood on their hands.
  6. Joined
    05 Sep '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '17 23:50
    Ask him
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 00:56
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Those who teach lies to turn others away, well they will have blood on their hands.
    To turn others away by trying to convert them. You think I am the one attempting to turn people away, but in fact it is you.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 02:42
    To turn others away by trying to convert them. You think I am the one attempting to turn people away, but in fact it is you.
    Have you read the titles you have made?
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 02:56
    Have you read the titles you have made?
    Yes and I'm sure yhey would drive away those who have a core belief tied to western societal values.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 04:30
    Yes and I'm sure yhey would drive away those who have a core belief tied to western societal values.
    I don't give a rat's about Western society's values! Instead of praising Jesus Christ lifting up His Holy name you dragged His name through the mud. The whole world's society values are at odds with Jesus Christ and your solution is to smear Jesus name! By people's fruits can we tell, yours it is clear to see is rotting to the core. I hope you repent soon before it is to late for you.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 05:14
    Jesus calls a woman a dog.

Jesus refers to some people as swine.

Jesus call some people vipers.

Is this nice? Should Jesus have done this?
    You don't happen to be chaney3 by any chance?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 05:23
    I don't give a rat's about Western society's values! Instead of praising Jesus Christ lifting up His Holy name you dragged His name through the mud. The whole world's society values are at odds with Jesus Christ and your solution is to smear Jesus name! By people's fruits can we tell, yours it is clear to see is rotting to the core. I hope you repent soon before it is to late for you.
    Eladar may well be a malignant buffoon, and a poor ambassador for your religion, but you rebutting his bible-based assertions with bible-based counter arguments would be more interesting to bystanders than you simply unloading a frustrated ad hominem upon him.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 11:242 edits

it sounds more like you are afraid that societal values are threatening your culture. And to preserve it you need the Christian Bible fend off threats to your societal expectations.

You know an unshakable kingdom will not be threatened or shaken.
    If it can be shaken maybe it is not the kingdom of God.

Resurrection can never die.
    Resurrection can never be threatened.

Did you read Daniel about Christ coming to shatter all the world empires, replace them, and grow into the kingdom of God over all the earth?

"You were watching until a stone was cut out without hands, and it struck the image at its feet of iron and clay and crushed them.

Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold were crushed all at once, and they became like chaff from the summer threshing floors, and the wind carried them away so that no trace of them was found. and the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth." (Dan. 2:34,35)

And Daniel's interpretation of the dream's ending:

"Inasmuch as you saw that out of the mountain a stone was cut without hands and that it crushed the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold, the great God has made know to the king what will happen afterward, and the dream is certain, and its interpretation trustworthy." (v.45)

The Person of Christ, the stone cut out without hands, is the unshakable kingdom of God. we need to be saturated with Him and immersed in Him.

Everything that can be shaken will be. Christ alone is the unshakable kingdom of God coming over the whole earth.

"
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 11:44
    By exposing what is of man and what is of God. What many teach as evil really isn't inherently evil.

If it was, then Jesus would have sinned.

Funny how man works beliefs into God's truth.
    You're always comparing your own guilt of racism and sexism to Jesus.

God does not sin. However, in no way does that make it "okay" for you to do what He does. Your argument is the argument of an atheist. They're always talking about how God did this, or God did that, and had man done these things, it would be a sin.

This argument was stupid then, and it is just as stupid now, and exposes you as someone with a totally stunted view of Christianity. Or a MASSIVE ego, take your pick.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 11:49

You know, Christians in this forum laugh at you, because these things you keep saying are about as ill-informed as they come. I'm not laughing though, because you insult my Lord with your endless comparisons to you.

Your version of the truth, your blatant lies, they disgust me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree