1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    08 Mar '07 14:29
    Is empty.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    08 Mar '07 14:30
    Is graverobbing a sin?
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    08 Mar '07 14:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    Is empty.
    Beds for the homeless.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    08 Mar '07 14:36
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Is graverobbing a sin?
    I suppose if you want to believe that Christs disciples fought off the Roman gaurds at the enterance and then moved the massive stone to retrieve him you are free to believe so.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    08 Mar '07 15:002 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    I suppose if you want to believe that Christs disciples fought off the Roman gaurds at the enterance and then moved the massive stone to retrieve him you are free to believe so.
    It's more plausible than him being raised from the dead that's for damn sure. In fact, anything is more plausible than the resurrection story told by the Disciples.
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39593
    08 Mar '07 15:381 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I suppose if you want to believe that Christs disciples fought off the Roman gaurds at the enterance and then moved the massive stone to retrieve him you are free to believe so.
    That there would have been any Roman guards at the tomb of such an unimportant figure (as Pilate obviously views him) is a most implausible story. These "guards" were undoubtedly created so that Christians could make the argument you are making.

    EDIT: Seems I'm wrong:

    Meanwhile, the superstitious Temple guards had dropped their swords and run away, helter-skelter, not just because of the violent earthquake, but because they thought they had just seen a hovering angel in mostly snow-white raiment, and a reformed prostitute, and a very happy middle-aged virgin – which were three marvels you almost never saw in Israel, in those days.

    http://www.bobshakespeare.com/
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    09 Mar '07 03:43
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That there would have been any Roman guards at the tomb of such an unimportant figure (as Pilate obviously views him) is a most implausible story. These "guards" were undoubtedly created so that Christians could make the argument you are making.

    EDIT: Seems I'm wrong:

    Meanwhile, the superstitious Temple guards had dropped their swords and run away, ...[text shortened]... hree marvels you almost never saw in Israel, in those days.

    http://www.bobshakespeare.com/
    You have a very active imagination.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39593
    09 Mar '07 07:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    You have a very active imagination.
    Not as active as the guys who thought up the idea of Roman guards for the body of a minor criminal (in Roman eyes).
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Joined
    11 Sep '04
    Moves
    7707
    10 Mar '07 02:28
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Not as active as the guys who thought up the idea of Roman guards for the body of a minor criminal (in Roman eyes).
    or the rock that one guy (in Mark) rolled into place that grew to such size (in Matthew) that only God could have moved
  10. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    10 Mar '07 03:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    Is empty.
    For sure!
Back to Top