1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 01:31
    If God's word is God breathed through the Holy Spirit while people are writing these letters that are in the Holy Bible then technically what Paul wrote in his letters is really Jesus speaking through Paul so technically there Jesus's words and not Paul's.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 01:33
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    If God's word is God breathed through the Holy Spirit while people are writing these letters that are in the Holy Bible then technically what Paul wrote in his letters is really Jesus speaking through Paul so technically there Jesus's words and not Paul's.
    Yes, that is what I was taught in my churchgoing youth.

One of our ministers would sometimes wave his Bible over his head at the pulpit and say, "If there's even one word in this book that is wrong, you can just toss the whole book into the trash can."
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 02:57
    Not everything Paul said he got from Christ.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 03:40
    The same can go for everybody else Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, King David, Moses, Joshua, Peter, Jude, King Solomon, and everybody that wrote a book of the Bible was all throw the Holy Spirit.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 15:31
    The same can go for everybody else Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, King David, Moses, Joshua, Peter, Jude, King Solomon, and everybody that wrote a book of the Bible was all throw the Holy Spirit.
    Maybe it would help if you quote the part of the Bible that says this.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 16:25
    Originally posted by JS357
    2 Tim 3:16,17

theosnustos (spelling?) god-breathed, translated as inspired.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 17:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

Thank you.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 18:46
    Originally posted by JS357
    How could you not know?
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 19:531 edit
    How could you not know?
    Not knowing is easy.

Edit: I assume the choice of which writings are "scripture" was divinely guided, too. Is this covered in the bible?
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 20:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

That refers to 'scripture' not 'the Bible'. I guess you could claim the writer being inspired, knew what would go into the Bible. Of course then you need to deal with the fact that I have my own version of the Bible with a few more books than the one you have, and my copy has that exact same verse, so my copy must also be wholly inspired.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 20:56
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That refers to 'scripture' not 'the Bible'. I guess you could claim the writer being inspired, knew what would go into the Bible. Of course then you need to deal with the fact that I have my own version of the Bible with a few more books than the one you have, and my copy has that exact same verse, so my copy must also be wholly inspired.
    The extra books just have good to know stuff, in my opinion.
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    18 Jun '14 21:19
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    Yes, that is what I was taught in my churchgoing youth.

One of our ministers would sometimes wave his Bible over his head at the pulpit and say, "If there's even one word in this book that is wrong, you can just toss the whole book into the trash can."
    Which is clearly a mistake on his part, since if one can find a single contradictory statement - and they do exist - the faith of his entire congregation is compromised.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree