1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 19:37
    Originally posted by @checkbaiter
    So you believe Christians should not vote?
    I believe that Jesus would not vote. Did Jesus concern himself with the zealots?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Aug '17 02:16
    I don't think Jesus would join a party, but he would vote for the party that would most closely be aligned with his will.
    And before anyone jumps to conclusions, he can distinguish between the real poor and the lazy. He would also not break civil law and tell people to go into a country illegally.
    You have this opinion of the left in order to justify your hate of what is right.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Aug '17 02:21
    So you believe Christians should not vote?
    I believe ALL Americans should vote to help their fellow Americans and not work directly against their rights. The vicious alt-right has you believing that it's good to support their American-hating, poor-hating agenda. Christians would use their vote to support their less well-off Americans, not to plow them under the Corporate greed machine.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '17 10:50
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I believe ALL Americans should vote to help their fellow Americans and not work directly against their rights. The vicious alt-right has you believing that it's good to support their American-hating, poor-hating agenda. Christians would use their vote to support their less well-off Americans, not to plow them under the Corporate greed machine.
    And as usual you ignore those who "use" the system, prefer to smooch off those who work and love pleasures more than God.
    You support the self serving, illegal disregard for law and order.
    Do you think governments should replace God? Sadly in your world, of supposed "do gooders " you do more harm than good.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '17 10:56
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I believe that Jesus would not vote. Did Jesus concern himself with the zealots?
    Then by your logic, as imitators of Jesus, Christians should not vote either.
    Typical JW ideology.
    Christians should not only vote, they should seek positions in government where they can do some good.
    People with your train of thought would result in the United States becoming a country where Christianity would be outlawed. I think we are on our way.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '17 10:58
    Then by your logic, as imitators of Jesus, Christians should not vote either.
    Typical JW ideology.
    Christians should not only vote, they should seek positions in government where they can do some good.
    People with your train of thought would result in the United States becoming a country where Christianity would be outlawed. I think we are on our way.
    I'm no JW.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Aug '17 11:16
    I'm no JW.
    I didn't say you were.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Aug '17 00:031 edit
    And as usual you ignore those who "use" the system, prefer to smooch off those who work and love pleasures more than God.
    You support the self serving, illegal disregard for law and order.
    Do you think governments should replace God? Sadly in your world, of supposed "do gooders " you do more harm than good.
    Aaaaaannnnnd, here it is again. The worse-off are only worse off because they're lazy, and certainly not because of Republican efforts to keep them "in their place".

Baloney.
  9. Joined
    15 Dec '13
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 10:343 edits
    This Psalm surely reminds me of Jesus and doesn't necessarily sound particularly Republican Elader.

Psalm 112: 5-10

"It is well with the man who is gracious and lends;
    He will maintain his cause in judgment.

For he will not never be moved;
    The righteous man will be remembered forever.

He will not be afraid of evil tidings;
    His heart is steadfast trusting in Jehovah.

His heart is sustained, he is not afraid, until he sees what should happen to his adversaries.

He has scattered abroad, he has given to the needy;
    His righteousness endures forever ...

The wicked man will see it and be angry;

He will gnash his teeth and melt away;

The desire of the wicked will perish."

- sonship
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 10:57
    Originally posted by @gswilm
    This [b]Psalm surely reminds me of Jesus and doesn't necessarily sound particularly Republican Elader.

Psalm 112: 5-10

"It is well with the man who is gracious and lends;
    He will maintain his cause in judgment.

For he will not never be moved;
    The righteous man will be remembered forever.

He will not be afraid o ...[text shortened]... gnash his teeth and melt away;

The desire of the wicked will perish."

- sonship[/b]
    Funny it seems to me that ypur quote ffits exactly with what I have been saying. The righteous will receive more and others what little they have gets taken away.
  11. Joined
    15 Dec '13
    Moves
    18 Aug '17 11:511 edit
    Funny it seems to me that ypur quote ffits exactly with what I have been saying. The righteous will receive more and others what little they have gets taken away.
    What strikes me is that the wicked sees the liberality of the righteous and is so mad about it that he is incensed.

He has scattered abroad, he has given to the needy;
    His righteousness endures forever ...

The wicked man will see it and be angry;

All righteousness in the word of God points to the Righteous One - Jesus.

This particular verse brings out the liberality of Christ.
    The wicked man sees it and is mad about it.

So beware.

- sonship

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree