1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 02:02
    Originally posted by buckky
    What is the Jewish perspective on the Fall in the Garden of Eden ? Do they feel that all are doomed because of it, or do they look at it differently? If they look at it like the Christians do then I wonder why they never talk of Hell or Heaven. No afterlife is mentioned to my understanding by the Jewish faith. Who knows the full scoop ?
    Jesus was Jew and He spoke extensively concerning heaven and hell.

More than any other in fact.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 02:04
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    "Does it matter what the Jews think or what anyone thinks?"

And therin lies your problem. You refuse to think. You refuse to use the brain that your god supposedly gave you. Why wont you look at your relgion critically (as you do all other religions)?

Perhaps you may then come up with something like:

"I can find no rational reason whatsoe ...[text shortened]... e of a supernatural god ... but I still choose to believe"

at least that would be honest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you were using your brain you'd realise how out of context you took me.

I posed the question in reply to buckky's question about what the Jews view on the creation story was as compared to that of Christians in the hope that it would provoke some thought as to the validity of any one's view in light of the fact that the only view worth having is God's view.

Most everyone posting in this forum is a pretender of one sort or another, putting up a front as though they know something better than God. Dupes!

God has an override switch. Christ. We've all been checkmated!
  3. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 02:31
    Originally posted by josephw
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    "Does it matter what the Jews think or what anyone thinks?"

And therin lies your problem. You refuse to think. You refuse to use the brain that your god supposedly gave you. Why wont you look at your relgion critically (as you do all other religions)?

Perhaps you may then come up with something like:

"I can find ...[text shortened]... ter than God. Dupes!

God has an override switch. Christ. We've all been checkmated!
    You are right about one thing. We are all pretending to know something, because it feels good to think you know something. It's all illusion. It's ego blinding us all from reality. My ego tells me something stinks in Denmark, and it might be my ego.
  4. Joined
    09 Mar '11
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 03:00
    Originally posted by buckky
    You are right about one thing. We are all pretending to know something, because it feels good to think you know something. It's all illusion. It's ego blinding us all from reality. My ego tells me something stinks in Denmark, and it might be my ego.
    Now go on and conquer the world!! 🙂
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 03:05
    Originally posted by daisychainsaw
    Now go on and conquer the world!! 🙂
    Hi daisy. I'm beating up your dad in a game of chess. I think. LoL 🙂
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 03:06
    Hi daisy. I'm beating up your dad in a game of chess. I think. LoL 🙂
    Hi Joe!! I thought I was logged in but it was Daisy.
    Fixed up that now 🙂
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 03:34
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Hi Joe!! I thought I was logged in but it was Daisy.
    Fixed up that now 🙂
    Oops! My bad.

But still...
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 09:512 edits
    Oops! My bad.

But still...
    S'all good. My bad. Carry on now... Jews in the garden ... (I'm actually interested in the question in the OP. vistesd? )
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 10:05
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    And what is wrong with borrowing from earlier stories? Jaws borrowed from Moby Dick. Captain Marvel borrowed from Superman. Star Trek borrowed from the Forbidden Planet. The Magnificent Seven borrowed from the Seven Semarai. Last Man Standing from Fist Full of Dollars.
    Jaws, and the rest, we KNOW are stories. Same with the bible. Exactly the same. No god needed to write the bible, just human intelligence. It was already stated we have the best brains on the planet, some of us so intelligent as to be nearly god-like anyway. For instance, Beethoven, Mozart, Einstein, Imhotep.
  10. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    06 Jul '11 09:37
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Jaws, and the rest, we KNOW are stories. Same with the bible. Exactly the same. No god needed to write the bible, just human intelligence. It was already stated we have the best brains on the planet, some of us so intelligent as to be nearly god-like anyway. For instance, Beethoven, Mozart, Einstein, Imhotep.
    Okay, so if we know they are stories, what is the harm?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree