1812, by us.
    200 hundred years ago! Ha!
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Nov '15 02:261 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yer bum Hinds, you were an occupying force in Vietnam, you were an occupying force in Iraq and you are an occupying force in Afghanistan. When was the last time the US mainland was invaded so that you needed to protect your loved ones? People have been using the same rhetoric for centuries, Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori. I reject entirely the premise that the US went to war to protect its loved ones.
    On September 11, 2001, 19 militants associated with the Islamic extremist group al-Qaeda hijacked four airliners and carried out suicide attacks against targets in the United States. Two of the planes were flown into the towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, a third plane hit the Pentagon just outside Washington, D.C., and the fourth plane crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. Often referred to as 9/11, the attacks resulted in extensive death and destruction, triggering major U.S. initiatives to combat terrorism and defining the presidency of George W. Bush. Over 3,000 people were killed during the attacks in New York City and Washington, D.C., including more than 400 police officers and firefighters.

http://www.history.com/topics/9-11-attacks

World Trade Center Attack - LIVE News

YouTube
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '15 03:511 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    once again your attempts to make this issue personal ill be ignored.
    How was my post in any way "making it personal"?
  4. setlagole
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 09:13
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    I have been thinking about this verse as of late, and I think it is kind of a double meaning type of verse.

1st we think of it as is relates to us or others and what that expression of great love would look like. One could say a soldier fighting for his country, one could say donating an organ for a friend or family member. Stepping in front of anothe ...[text shortened]... ne who lays down his life for his friends, and that is exactually what he did. No greater love!
    I agree with you. Perfect point.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Nov '15 18:46
    The Holy Bible does not say all "killing" is wrong. It is clear that both man and animals can kill for food or to protect themselves. It is the kind of "killing" that is called "murder" that is wrong, as we can see from the following verse in which Jesus repeats some of the commandments to a rich young man.

"You know the commandments, 'DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, Do not defraud, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.'"

(Mark 10:19 NASB)

kill

verb

1. cause the death of (a person, animal, or other living thing).

2. put an end to or cause the failure or defeat of (something).

noun

1. an act of killing, especially of one animal by another

Murder

noun

1. the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

verb

1. kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree