1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 06:00
    Originally posted by OdBod
    If Judas had not done the deal, Jesus could not have done his thing , both Jesus and god KNEW this was going to happen in advance(so much for free will). Just a big marketing ploy for a new religion. Mercy??????

So you think the six excruciating hours of torture Jesus underwent on the cross was just a "marketing ploy" ?
  2. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 15:40
    Originally posted by sonship
    If Judas had not done the deal, Jesus could not have done his thing , both Jesus and god KNEW this was going to happen in advance(so much for free will). Just a big marketing ploy for a new religion. Mercy??????

So you think the six excruciating hours of torture Jesus underwent on the cross was just a "marketing ploy" ?
    Yes, if the bible is to be believed, your god KNEW about the resurrection, so much for the big sacrifice!!!!!!! Jesus KNEW he had supernatural powers!!!!!!! Judas was used by these "merciful" entities to achieve their objective.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Mar '15 04:22
    Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem, saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him."

(Matthew 2:1-2 NASB)
    He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

(John 1:11-13 NASB)
    "But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, 'We do not want this man to reign over us.'

(Luke 19:14 NASB)
    Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice." Pilate said to Him, "What is truth?" And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews and said to them, "I find no guilt in Him. But you have a custom that I release someone for you at the Passover; do you wish then that I release for you the King of the Jews?" So they cried out again, saying, "Not this Man, but Barabbas." Now Barabbas was a robber.

(John 18:37-40 NASB)
    Pilate said to them, "Then what shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?" They all said, "Crucify Him!" And he said, "Why, what evil has He done?" But they kept shouting all the more, saying, "Crucify Him!"

(Matthew 27:22-23 NASB)
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    02 Mar '15 04:36
    I wonder if judas priest 3 was redbadger in disguise.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 13:30
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I wonder if judas priest 3 was redbadger in disguise.
    Judas got a bum deal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Judas
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 15:37
    It's funny that you capitalize Jesus but not God. Like someone I know says you should check your grammar.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 16:35
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    It's funny that you capitalize Jesus but not God. Like someone I know says you should check your grammar.
    Get with the program, man.

Writing God with a 'big' G would mean they acknowledge His existence, and that's not happening anytime soon.
  8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 17:08
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Writing God with a 'big' G would mean they acknowledge His existence, and that's not happening anytime soon.
    No, your god has a name, it's not 'god'.

God is a label for some kind of supreme being and Christians don't own it.

Thor gets capitalised, so does Zeus, Athena, Allah, Yahweh, Jehovah... ect

God only gets capitalised at the beginning of a sentence.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 17:091 edit
    Jesus is a name, god is just a descriptor.

Edit: Also in the relevant post he said "your god" making it even clearer that
    this was a label, a descriptor, and not a proper name that warrants capitalisation.

And my pointing out your 'bad grammar' was due to the fact that your relevant post
    was an incomprehensible word salad, not because I was nitpicking some trivial
    grammatical nicety.
  10. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 18:25
    Originally posted by Suzianne

I knew we could agree on something! 🙂
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 18:26
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    No, your god has a name, it's not 'god'.

God is a label for some kind of supreme being and Christians don't own it.

Thor gets capitalised, so does Zeus, Athena, Allah, Yahweh, Jehovah... ect

God only gets capitalised at the beginning of a sentence.
    Zeus is the Greek equivalent of deus, literally translated it means god, so for consistencies sake you should either capitalize both or neither.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Mar '15 19:25
    Jesus is still a proper noun so that is kosher to capitalize.

I suppose you would say God is a proper noun and needs to be capitalized also but we say god as in A god not THE God. That is why I would cap JC but not the big G, since we are convinced there is no such thing as the bible God. I cannot rule out there being a god somewhere in our out of our rather large universe or god's (Arthur C Clarke says any technology sufficiently advanced cannot be distinguished from magic) magic meaning supernatural so there may be beings out there capable of doing things we dumb humans would consider divine but they might just have extremely advance technology and we would never know the dif if they didn't tell us, assuming we met up with them, and could communicate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree