1. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 00:17
    Originally posted by Shopie13
    Do you have a verse for that?
    You just quoted it. I was working from your refrence material.
  2. Playing with matches
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 00:22
    Judas was just a fall guy used to set in motion a necessary series of events... he's forgiven... so sayeth the LORD.
  3. Joined
    05 Jul '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 00:53
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    You just quoted it. I was working from your refrence material.
    There was nothing in those verses that about Jesus forgiving Judas.
  4. Joined
    05 Jul '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 00:54
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Judas was just a fall guy used to set in motion a necessary series of events... he's forgiven... so sayeth the LORD.
    It what verse does it specifically state that the Lord forgave Judas?
  5. Standard memberAynat
    Dog Companion
    Rain Forest
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 01:22
    It what verse does it specifically state that the Lord forgave Judas?
    I'm not a chapter and verse kinda gal....

but, if you can recall Jesus being on the cross and asking, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."

6. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 02:02
    Originally posted by Aynat

but, if you can recall Jesus being on the cross and asking, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."

Yes as I stated earlier in this thread, Jesus forgave all who took part in his crucifixion. And Judas repented.

If you repent and are forgiven, what is lacking to be saved then?
  7. Standard membermochiron
    The Don
    Nihon
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 02:23
    Yes as I stated earlier in this thread, Jesus forgave all who took part in his crucifixion. And Judas repented.

The question is How do you Know that he really said those exact words. Or did mathew, mark, luke or John have a microphone and a handy cassette recorder there at that moment? What is the difference between a Guru of a religious Cult and Jesus...not much I wager........
  8. Standard memberAynat
    Dog Companion
    Rain Forest
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 03:11

IMHO, you are right.

There are some who believe that he was damned anew for killing himself....
  9. Standard memberAynat
    Dog Companion
    Rain Forest
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 03:251 edit
    Originally posted by mochiron
    The question is How do you Know that he really said those exact words. Or did mathew, mark, luke or John have a microphone and a handy cassette recorder there at that moment? What is the difference between a Guru of a religious Cult and Jesus...not much I wager........
    Interesting point...

Actually the stories were written down a very long time after the events by people who were disciples of the disciples. Perhaps as long as a 50-100 years later when it became clear that Christ would not be returning immediately.

A recording would not be necessary for people of that time and place. People whose history and culture is passed down verbally have astonishingly acurate memerios and the habit of careful rememberance of events which are significant. Although being literate was a value of the Jews of the time, it was not easy to get an education which included written skills outside of Judism and scrolls were rare. Much tradition was oral even among the Jews.

There is a great deal of difference between people who are seeking self aggrandizement and the Christ whose choices were obedience to God and the healing of the people.

BTW, Your tone is not condusive to respectful discussion neither it is respectful of the people posting in this thread. Of course, it could be that you are having humor and I don't get it....again...😕
  10. Joined
    05 Jul '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 13:10
    Originally posted by Aynat

Yes, Jesus asked His Father to forgive them for putting Him on the cross but Jesus didn't ask His Father to forgive them for all their sins. So if forgiveness is all that is needed for salvation, which is what I assume you're trying to say, then they are still not saved.
  11. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    07 Jul '05 17:51
    Yes, Jesus asked His Father to forgive them for putting Him on the cross but Jesus didn't ask His Father to forgive them for all their sins. So if forgiveness is all that is needed for salvation, which is what I assume you're trying to say, then they are still not saved.
    No I believe you must have forgiveness and must repent. The bible says Judas repented.
  12. England
    Moves
    09 Jul '05 12:27
    i belive he hung and cut open his stomach (which is supposed to refer to the field of blood, that non jews are buried) but his curse is to walk the earth till jesus comes, as stated in john last verses, qoute "what is it to you if thios man remains till i come", jesus speaking to the chosen.
  13. Joined
    05 Jul '05
    Moves
    09 Jul '05 22:24
    Originally posted by stoker
    i belive he hung and cut open his stomach (which is supposed to refer to the field of blood, that non jews are buried) but his curse is to walk the earth till jesus comes, as stated in john last verses, qoute "what is it to you if thios man remains till i come", jesus speaking to the chosen.
    How could he hang himself and still have the presence of mind to cut open his stomach
  14. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    10 Jul '05 09:15
    Originally posted by stoker
    I think the disciples were asking about John, not judas.
  15. Joined
    05 Jul '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '05 13:00
    I think the disciples were asking about John, not judas.
    I agree with you on that one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree