1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '08 23:27
    Judas' kiss was sweet, his gold was fair and square.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    11 Mar '08 01:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    And then his guts spilled out on the ground.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '08 07:14
    Originally posted by josephw
    And then his guts spilled out on the ground.
    So you think that bad things don't happen to good people?

Judas loved Jesus. And he did what he had to do. Why isn't he celebrated?
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Mar '08 23:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you think that bad things don't happen to good people?

[b]Judas' kiss was sweet, his gold was fair and square.

Judas loved Jesus. And he did what he had to do. Why isn't he celebrated?[/b]
    He didn't do what he 'had' to do; he did what he wanted to do. It is his desires and intents that are reviled, even if he had fooled himself into thinking he was doing the right thing.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 12:241 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    He didn't do what he 'had' to do; he did what he wanted to do. It is his desires and intents that are reviled, even if he had fooled himself into thinking he was doing the right thing.
    Reviled? Are you implying that had Judas not fooled himself into thinking he was doing the right thing, Jesus would lived out his life and died a natural death?
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 17:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    Reviled? Are you implying that had Judas not fooled himself into thinking he was doing the right thing, Jesus would lived out his life and died a natural death?
    Jesus' betrayal was known prior to creation of man or angels, just as the failure of the man and the woman (or, prior to their failure, Lucifer and a third of the angels) was known in eternity past--- long before even a hint or nuance of failure entered the picture.

God is not surprised by tomorrow's events, nor is He taken aback by the inner machinations of man's myriad intentions. He sees them fully and works His plan accordingly.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 06:15
    Jesus' betrayal was known prior to creation of man or angels, just as the failure of the man and the woman (or, prior to their failure, Lucifer and a third of the angels) was known in eternity past--- long before even a hint or nuance of failure entered the picture.

God is not surprised by tomorrow's events, nor is He taken aback by the inner machinations of man's myriad intentions. He sees them fully and works His plan accordingly.
    "Jesus' betrayal was known prior to creation of man or angels"

Oh, my god... And this man is christianity built upon?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 09:21
    Jesus' betrayal was known prior to creation of man or angels, just as the failure of the man and the woman (or, prior to their failure, Lucifer and a third of the angels) was known in eternity past--- long before even a hint or nuance of failure entered the picture. God is not surprised by tomorrow's events, nor is He taken aback by the inner machinations of man's myriad intentions. He sees them fully and works His plan accordingly.
    I find your response intriguing. Could it be that you are subconsciously trying to prevent further communication between us by using obscurantist language and by making assertions about unverifiable speculations that you have internalized and that I've chosen not to? And I am not questioning your sincerity by the way.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 15:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    I find your response intriguing. Could it be that you are subconsciously trying to prevent further communication between us by using obscurantist language and by making assertions about unverifiable speculations that you have internalized and that I've chosen not to? And I am not questioning your sincerity by the way.
    If the meaning is obscured, it is only as a result of your rejection of truth. There is nothing esoteric in what I have posted; you simply have refused to accept the truth of God's word... to your own demise.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '08 23:30
    If the meaning is obscured, it is only as a result of your rejection of truth. There is nothing esoteric in what I have posted; you simply have refused to accept the truth of God's word... to your own demise.
    My demise?

Neither you nor I know what God's word is. The only things I have refused to accept the truth of are your assertions and the way that you claim to speak on God's behalf - and you do so with stiff and metaphor-strewn language presumably because that's how you memorized it and for you it gives it an authentic ring. Furthermore, you seem to be claiming that I will not go to heaven if I refuse to agree with you. That's real rough and tumble stuff.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 00:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    My demise?

Neither you nor I [b]know
    what God's word is. The only things I have refused to accept the truth of are your assertions and the way that you claim to speak on God's behalf - and you do so with stiff and metaphor-strewn language presumably because that's how you memorized it and for you it gives it an authentic ring. Furthermore, y ...[text shortened]... t I will not go to heaven if I refuse to agree with you. That's real rough and tumble stuff.[/b]
    God speaks for Himself, and you can find His Word contained in the Bible. And since you have admitted it yourself that you don't know what God's Word is, anything you say about it is meaningless.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 01:17
    God speaks for Himself, and you can find His Word contained in the Bible. And since you have admitted it yourself that you don't know what God's Word is, anything you say about it is meaningless.
    It is no more or less meaningful than anything you say. Assertions are assertions. If you say you know what God's word is, and that your certainty automatically trumps everybody else's, then I have to conclude that you do not understand the nature of faith. This, and your lack of humility, makes me wonder if this is all a psychological issue rather than a spiritual one.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 01:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    It is no more or less meaningful than anything you say. Assertions are assertions. If you say you [b]know what God's word is, and that your certainty automatically trumps everybody else's, then I have to conclude that you do not understand the nature of faith. This, and your lack of humility, makes me wonder if this is all a psychological issue rather than a spiritual one.[/b]
    I may not be back here untill tomorrow, so I'll look back in here then.

My question to you is this. Has God spoken? Or not?
  14. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 01:50
    My question to you is this. Has God spoken? Or not?
    Your question is moot. First, demonstrate that "god" exists. From there, you'll still have a long way to go to show that the Judeo-Christian bible is "his" word.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Mar '08 02:00
    Originally posted by David C
    Your question is moot. First, demonstrate that "god" exists. From there, you'll still have a long way to go to show that the Judeo-Christian bible is "his" word.
    Didn't ask you! 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree