1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 01:481 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    It's about judging the sins of homosexuals more harshly than you do your own sins. You allow yourself your own sins and do not ban yourself from membership and/or leadership on that account. This is hypocrisy as Jesus points out. When Jesus points this out, He does not make a distinction between "open" and "hidden" sins. For that matter, unless homosexual ...[text shortened]... of the congregation, however "open" you think it is, is purely speculation on your part.
    If I preach that certain activity are sins and tell people to flee these sins but I practice those sins, then I am a hypocrite. However, I may have commited those sins or may slip up in the future and repented and still preach the same, I am not a hypocrite. Now as to whether I am a hypocrite, that is between me and my God.

Now as far as being in a position of authority, people tend to adopt the morality of those in authority over them. Therefore, if I openly embrace sin without remorse or even a hint of repentance, then I am promoting that acitivty to those that look up to me. So not only is this between me and my God, it is also between me and my Christian brethren.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 21:071 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    If I preach that certain activity are sins and tell people to flee these sins but I practice those sins, then I am a hypocrite. However, I may have commited those sins or may slip up in the future and repented and still preach the same, I am not a hypocrite. Now as to whether I am a hypocrite, that is between me and my God.

Now as far as being in a pos ...[text shortened]... me. So not only is this between me and my God, it is also between me and my Christian brethren.
    Do you even understand the definition of "hypocrite"?
    1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
    2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Seems that the criteria you have for being a member or leader of your church are those who commit sins, hide these sins while preaching against sin while declaring homosexuals unfit for being a member or leader because of their sin. They fit the very definition of hypocrite. You fit the very definition of hypocrite. Do you seriously believe that by virtue of hiding your sin, that you are not hypocrites?

Not convinced? Look at who Jesus says are hypocrites

Matthew 7:1-5
    1 "Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye."

Jesus says to first take the log out of your own eye, not just hide the log.

You judge homosexuals as unfit for being a member or leader while having a log in your own eye.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Aug '09 21:11
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Do you even understand the definition of "hypocrite"?
    1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
    2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Seems that the criteria you have for being a member or leader of your church are those who commit sins, hide these sins while preaching against sin whil ...[text shortened]... udge homosexuals as unfit for being a member or leader while having a log in your own eye.
    no, the scriptures are quite clear and specific on the matter, Whodey has not judged them at all, the scriptures have.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree