Judge not leat you be judged.

Judge not leat you be judged.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
30 Aug 09
2 edits

This thread is dedicated to those of us who judge others. Of course, we have all done so, but Christ warns us not to do so. So what does this warning entail? Are we not to judge certain activity as "sin" or are we to not judge individual actions simply because of their apparent sin? For example, the Ten Commandments say, "Thou shalt not kill". However, if someone kills for any reason, does it necessarily mean they sinned despite ascertaining the circumstances surrounding it? I think we can all come up with scenarios in which killing could be justified. That is what I think that Christ was saying in regards to judging, therefore, he was not outlawing the ability to call sin "sin".

As for myself, I have debated whether a certain activity should be considered a sin without picking on any one person. So is this "judging"? Can we not declare certain activity, such as killing or stealing as wrong, without judging any particular person who may appear to have engaged in them? As for myself, I was then taken aside for doing so and personally maligned and judged for "judging" all those who engaged in such activity. My only response is that I was not attempting to judge anyone in particular for apparently engaging in the acitivty, rather, I was merely pointing out that the activity in question should be considered "sinful".

s

England

Moves
30 Aug 09

then i will not

T

Moves
30 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
This thread is dedicated to those of us who judge others. Of course, we have all done so, but Christ warns us not to do so. So what does this warning entail? Are we not to judge certain activity as "sin" or are we to not judge individual actions simply because of their apparent sin? For example, the Ten Commandments say, "Thou shalt not kill". However, i was merely pointing out that the activity in question should be considered "sinful".
Are you still trying to "justify" your bigotry and hypocrisy?

Where you believe that it's right for you to be zealous in your confrontation of homosexuals who attend your church that you believe are sinning, yet you do not do likewise for all other sins.

Where you believe that it's right for you to ban homosexuals that you believe are sinning from being members or leaders of your church, yet you do not do likewise for all other sins.

Despite these facts you deny that you are a bigot and a hypocrite.

Your attempts to try to "spin" this into something else are pathetic.

d

Moves
30 Aug 09

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

Where you believe that it's right for you to be zealous in your confrontation of homosexuals who attend your church that you believe are sinning, yet you do not do likewise for all other sins.

Where you believe that it's right for you to ban homosexuals that you believe are sinning from ...[text shortened]... and a hypocrite.

Those people are living in sin, unless they change their ways.

T

Moves
30 Aug 09

Originally posted by daniel58
Those people are living in sin, unless they change their ways.
If you believe that it's impossible for anyone to keep from committing sin like whodey, then you believe ALL people are "living in sin". So what's your point?

d

Moves
30 Aug 09

If you believe that it's impossible for anyone to keep from committing sin like whodey, then you believe ALL people are "living in sin". So what's your point?
I don't believe that, I believe that gay people are living in sin if they're with their "partner".

w

Moves
30 Aug 09
3 edits

Where you believe that it's right for you to ban homosexuals that you believe are sinning from ...[text shortened]... and a hypocrite.

Case in point.

I never indicated that the ONLY sin that is confronted in my church deals with homosexual relations, yet I am accused of doing this, nor am I a "zealot" towards homosexuals in particular, yet I am accused of being such. In fact, most confrontations about sins of the church leaders in my church have NOTHING to do with homosexual relations. My only intent is for the church to call a sin that the Bible has identified as sin. As for individual grievances, however, they each should be heard out individually instead of across the board condemnation. In short, people in my church are not thrown to the curb because of their sin tendencies, which we all have, rather, they are thrown to the curb if they are in positions of authority and openly sin and do not recieve correction if indeed they are in error. Of course, this is predicated on the agreement to uphold Biblical teachings beforehand when someone becomes a church leader. THey are to uphold and promote a righteous walk even though from time to time we all stumble. There is a difference indeed, between those who commit sin and then repent compared to those who practice sin unrepentant as the Bible indicates.

Of course, this only applies to church leaders. It is they who are God's representatives to those God's people. So either they are a representative or they are their own. Their is no middle ground.

T

Moves
30 Aug 09

Case in point.

I never indicated that the ONLY sin that is confronted in my church deals with homosexual relations, yet I am accused of doing this, nor am I a "zealot" towards homosexuals in particular, yet I am accused of being such. In fact, most confrontations about sins of the church leaders in my church have NOTHING to do with homosexual relations.
I never indicated that the ONLY sin that is confronted in my church deals with homosexual relations, yet I am accused of doing this, nor am I a "zealot" towards homosexuals in particular, yet I am accused of being such.

I did not accuse you of indicating "that the ONLY sin that is confronted in my church deals with homosexual relations", yet I am accused of doing this.

Read again:
"Where you believe that it's right for you to be zealous in your confrontation of homosexuals who attend your church that you believe are sinning, yet you do not do likewise for all other sins.

Where you believe that it's right for you to ban homosexuals that you believe are sinning from being members or leaders of your church, yet you do not do likewise for all other sins.

In case you need me to connect the dots for you, "all other sins" does not mean the same thing as "any other sin".

In fact, most confrontations about sins of the church leaders in my church have NOTHING to do with homosexual relations.

A church that has a policy that would ban homosexuals that they believe are sinning from being members or leaders, doesn't often have to deal with homosexual relations. There's a big surprise.

w

Moves
30 Aug 09

In case you need me to connect the dots for you, "all other sins" does not mean the same thing as "any other sin".
How is it different?

w

Moves
30 Aug 09

A church that has a policy that would ban homosexuals that they believe are sinning from being members or leaders, doesn't often have to deal with homosexual relations. There's a big surprise.[/b]
This is not about homosexuality. It is about open sinning and/or promotion of sin by a church leader.

T

Moves
30 Aug 09

How is it different?
"All" was meant in the sense of "every".

w

Moves
30 Aug 09

"All" was meant in the sense of "every".
So are you saying that I pick and choose the sins to confront people in leadership with? Is this your judgement on whodey?

T

Moves
30 Aug 09
2 edits

This is not about homosexuality. It is about open sinning and/or promotion of sin by a church leader.
It's about judging the sins of homosexuals more harshly than you do your own sins. You allow yourself your own sins and do not ban yourself from membership and/or leadership on that account. This is hypocrisy as Jesus points out. When Jesus points this out, He does not make a distinction between "open" and "hidden" sins. For that matter, unless homosexuals are having sex in front of the congregation, however "open" you think it is, is purely speculation on your part.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
30 Aug 09

Originally posted by daniel58
I don't believe that, I believe that gay people are living in sin if they're with their "partner".
If they use the Lord's name in vain they sin, if they dishoner their parents they sin.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
31 Aug 09

This thread is dedicated to those of us who judge others. Of course, we have all done so, but Christ warns us not to do so. So what does this warning entail? Are we not to judge certain activity as "sin" or are we to not judge individual actions simply because of their apparent sin? For example, the Ten Commandments say, "Thou shalt not kill". However, i ...[text shortened]... was merely pointing out that the activity in question should be considered "sinful".
I think there is a huge difference between judgement and discernment. Only God is allowed to judge, for the new testament syas that if you judge harshly by the law, you yourself will be judged by the same measure.
Knowing someone is doing wrong and counseling them is different than judging and condeming them. We are called to love all of God's children and to lead to light and truth, not to make them outcasts and fringe members of our community. Love and care for others, and let God be their judge, your job is to love them as you love yourself.