Just as I am

Just as I am

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
03 Apr 11

There is a Christian song that is titled "Just as I am". It's the Christian view that God will accept you just as you are, but first you must be Saved, and God will forgive you your sins, and then you can go to Heaven after you die. The Eastern seems to be one of evolving towards a greater reality in the form of Cosmic Consciousness. Peeling away the barriers that bling you to the true nature of existence. What is the approce /

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Apr 11

Originally posted by buckky
There is a Christian song that is titled "Just as I am". It's the Christian view that God will accept you just as you are, but first you must be Saved, and God will forgive you your sins, and then you can go to Heaven after you die. The Eastern seems to be one of evolving towards a greater reality in the form of Cosmic Consciousness. Peeling away the barriers that bling you to the true nature of existence. What is the approce /
Just as you are!

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Apr 11

Nah man...they dont want you " just as you are" , unless you have already been converted. Then you are not "just as you are" anymore now, are you?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Apr 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Nah man...they dont want you " just as you are" , unless you have already been converted. Then you are not "just as you are" anymore now, are you?
karoly, your post shows just how in the dark you are about this whole thing.

You don't read much do you?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Apr 11

Originally posted by josephw
karoly, your post shows just how in the dark you are about this whole thing.

You don't read much do you?
Perhaps,perhaps.
I used to read a lot, yeah.

I was only coming at it from one angle

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Apr 11

I reckon , by way of posting their words and the fact that they are prolly chess players, would mean that most of the posters on here have done a bit of reading.
Thats a generalization I'm willing to make.
Anyone disagree?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Apr 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Perhaps,perhaps.
I used to read a lot, yeah.

I was only coming at it from one angle
When one comes at something from an angle they usually miss the mark.

"Just as I am" is a descriptive of one's spiritual condition when one comes to God for salvation. A sinner.

God does not require one to become "not a sinner" to be saved. Just come as you are and believe in what Jesus did on the cross on your behalf. Then you will be saved.

What happens after that is an entirely different subject.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Apr 11
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
When one comes at something from an angle they usually miss the mark.

"Just as I am" is a descriptive of one's spiritual condition when one comes to God for salvation. [b]A sinner

God does not require one to become "not a sinner" to be saved. Just come as you are and believe in what Jesus did on the cross on your behalf. Then you will be saved.

What happens after that is an entirely different subject.[/b]
Why would someone miss the mark if they were coming at it from one angle?
What if I made a v-line for Jesus in my heart? What if I came at Jesus at that angle, would I miss the mark? Do you even know what my response meant? I think you do.
Stop being so condescending. The worst thing is that you prolly dont even think you are coming across as condescending.

Here's a hint: doesn't matter how many times you mention JC's name or a scriptural reference, doesn't ensure that you are right.
So how many books do you think I've read and what type? C'mon have a guess. At least have a guess as to what TYPES of literature I've read. I dont want to jump to conclusions about your answer but its going to be hard not to. I'll keep my mind open until you respond at least.

j

Moves
05 Apr 11

Why don't you read all the lyrics to the song and not just spout on about the title ?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
05 Apr 11

Originally posted by jaywill
Why don't you read all the lyrics to the song and not just spout on about the title ?
1. Just as I am, without one plea,
but that thy blood was shed for me,
and that thou bidst me come to thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

2. Just as I am, and waiting not
to rid my soul of one dark blot,
to thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,

3. Just as I am, though tossed about
with many a conflict, many a doubt,
fightings and fears within, without,