JW Question

JW Question

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
16 Dec 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Comments like this show how little you really know both with the physical dangers and more importantly the spiritual aspect of God's view.
I'm sure it's hard for you to hear the truth about your fundamentalist ways. I do feel very sorry for you. You are an intellectual slave.

rc

Moves
16 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by LemonJello
Not sure where in the world you got the idea that I hate you. I feel sorry for both of you, in your impoverished, ignorant, childish, fundamentalist views. And I think some of your fundamentalist views are not only unfortunate but also dangerous. And I also think you, in particular, are very intellectually disingenuous.
ummm perhaps it was your expressions of endearment that did it! as for your
condescension, it too is not becoming a gentleman, see to it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Dec 11

I'm sure it's hard for you to hear the truth about your fundamentalist ways. I do feel very sorry for you. You are an intellectual slave.
I'm not a slave to anything and no one holds a gun to my head. So sorry but you no nothing about me and your opinion of life would certianly have no influance on any decisions I would make in my life...

L

Moves
16 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
ummm perhaps it was your expressions of endearment that did it! as for your
condescension, it too is not becoming a gentleman, see to it.
We need more entertainment up in here. So why don't you feed us some more lies about how you have reasons against blood transfusions apart from the idea that the invisible, magical sky fairy commands you to abstaineth. Like, why don't you explain again how failure to meet 100% safety guarantee is a reason against blood transfusions but not against the other alternative medical procedures you mentioned. That one had me in stitches before.

L

Moves
16 Dec 11

I'm not a slave to anything and no one holds a gun to my head. So sorry but you no nothing about me and your opinion of life would certianly have no influance on any decisions I would make in my life...
It is frankly sad to see someone so terrified of intellectual freedom. You can start thinking for yourself, you know. You can do it!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Dec 11

We need more entertainment up in here. So why don't you feed us some more lies about how you have reasons against blood transfusions apart from the idea that the invisible, magical sky fairy commands you to abstaineth. Like, why don't you explain again how failure to meet 100% safety guarantee is a reason against blood transfusions but not against the other alternative medical procedures you mentioned. That one had me in stitches before.
I can see responding to you is useless.

rc

Moves
17 Dec 11
1 edit

there are many here among us
who feel that life is but a joke
but you and i, we've been through that
and this is not our fate
so let us not talk falsely now,
the hour is getting late

All along the Watchtower - Bob Dylan

rc

Moves
17 Dec 11

I can see responding to you is useless.
civility doesn't seem to work either, oh well, hum ho, life goes on.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Dec 11

what a sad case, our stance is not based upon the watchtower society (which is a
corporate entity used for the distribution of biblical literature) but on Gods word the
Bible. The apostle makes it rather clear in the book of acts, chapter fifteen, ABSTAIN
from blood. You of course are free to both interpret and adopt or relegate that
principle as you see fit within the dictates of your own conscious even as we are.
Then, your interpretation is wrong. Just saying. 😏

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Dec 11

Uh I think most people don't accept those things. Why point the finger just at us?
I'm not pointing the finger at anyone i'm on a dialogue with Rob.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Dec 11

no hypocrisy me dear PK, your becoming more militant in your old age. Why do you
think the government of the United Kingdom doesn't see it your way, after all, our
stance is not illegal, in contrast to euthanasia. Is the government also guilty of
hypocrisy?

I have explained why our claim to self determination is both valid and relative, its no
joke!
no hypocrisy me dear PK, your becoming more militant in your old age.

No hypocrisy?! 😲 As for my militancy, that's a good thing. It's always there but in the light of Hitch's death i feel a little more stridency towards that end of my palette.

Why do you think the government of the United Kingdom doesn't see it your way.

Because they're clueless morons. You're scraping the barrel using those plebs to back up your defence. This is the same government that allows you to drink and smoke yourself to death yet get caught with enough psychedelic mushrooms and you could get a life prison sentence. Laughable.

Is the government also guilty of hypocrisy?

I think my above answers that rather ludicrous question.

rc

Moves
17 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]no hypocrisy me dear PK, your becoming more militant in your old age.

No hypocrisy?! 😲 As for my militancy, that's a good thing. It's always there but in the light of Hitch's death i feel a little more stridency towards that end of my palette.

Why do you think the government of the United Kingdom doesn't see it your way.

Because t also guilty of hypocrisy?[/b]

I think my above answers that rather ludicrous question.[/b]
As for my militancy, that's a good thing ??? :'(

more loving and compassionate, tolerant and empathetic is what we should become
my friend, not preaching at you, but if they philosophy we adopt does not lead us in
this direction then one must question its validity.

You're scraping the barrel using those plebs to back up your defence.

No i was simply using it to state that we are not the only ones who think there is a
difference, btw I was once caught picking mushrooms near my home at about 4 AM
by the CID, when i showed them my mushrooms, they asked if i was going to
process them by making tea, knowing that such an act was illegal, i stated that i was
not and had done nothing wrong, they had to let me go, so unless the law has
changed, i dont think its an offence to posses mushrooms, only to process them.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Dec 11

As for my militancy, that's a good thing ??? :'(

my friend, not preaching at you, but if they philosophy we adopt does not lead us in
this direction then one must question its validity.

You're scraping the barrel using those plebs to back up your defence.

No ...[text shortened]... the law has
changed, i dont think its an offence to posses mushrooms, only to process them.
my friend

I agree and that is what i strive for, but what does that have to do with my being militant with regard to fundamentalism?

so unless the law has changed, i dont think its an offence to posses mushrooms

Indeed the law has changed, possession in any form is now illegal. They are deemed a class A drug alongside heroin, crack and methampehtamine. Ludicrous.

No i was simply using it to state that we are not the only ones who think there is a difference

Just because the Uk government agrees with your stance, it doesn't make it right.

I'll tell you a true scenario where i think euthanasia should be allowed and you tell me why you think it shouldn't. I'm looking for something more than 'because the Bible says so', i want to to use your reasoning and think for yourself.

My girlfriend works in a hospital ward, on this ward was a very sick old lady who's leg had lost it's pulse. That means her leg had died, normally in cases like this surgeons would operate to remove the leg, but because this woman is so old they won't operate because she would never survive the anaesthetic. So what will now happen is that her leg will die become gangrenous and rot, that rotting will then spread to the rest of her body and it will eventually kill her. She will rot to death alive and there is nothing anyone can do apart from dose her up on massive amounts of painkillers. She can if she so chooses refuse all food and slowly starve herself to death, that's allowed. But what she can't do is ask for a concoction of barbiturates take them and die peacefully in her sleep. Instead she has to suffer and her family and lived ones have to suffer also watching her die a slow and agonising death.

Now where's the dignity and humanity here? Why shouldn't she be allowed the option of euthanasia?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Dec 11

[b]more loving and compassionate, tolerant and empathetic is what we should become
my friend

I agree and that is what i strive for, but what does that have to do with my being militant with regard to fundamentalism?

so unless the law has changed, i dont think its an offence to posses mushrooms

Indeed the law has changed, possessio ...[text shortened]... e dignity and humanity here? Why shouldn't she be allowed the option of euthanasia?[/b]
Don't be shy Rob.

rc

Moves
19 Dec 11
3 edits

Don't be shy Rob.
Now where's the dignity and humanity here? Why shouldn't she be allowed the option
of euthanasia?

you know how i feel about this my illustrious friend, no one has the right to take life, it
belongs to God, solely and exclusively. Now as you are a non believer, i do not expect
you to accept this, however, our position cannot be compromised, for in doing so, one
sets a precedent and a can of worms, is it not much simpler to resolve the issue as we
have done? Of course no one like to watch others slowly die, flip sake, e are human
and conscious of suffering, but life is life and sacrosanct.