1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 May '13 18:061 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no i want the original manuscripts, the interlinear is not an original manuscript.
    You should know that no one holds any originals, but that we have many copies of the originals that are just as good as the originals and show the text of the originals. None of these Greek texts justify the JWs placing "Jehovah" in place of the Greek word "kyriou" meaning Lord as is done in this case in Colossians 1:10. That is exactly what they did. In so doing they added to the words of scripture to conform to their own manmade doctrine that denies the Son the honor he deserves.

The instructor
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '13 18:202 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You should know that no one holds any originals, but that we have many copies of the originals that are just as good as the originals and show the text of the originals. None of these Greek texts justify the JWs placing "Jehovah" in place of the Greek word "kyriou" meaning Lord as is done in this case in Colossians 1:10. That is exactly what they did. In ...[text shortened]... m to their own manmade doctrine that denies the Son the honor he deserves.

The instructor
    then your assertion that the Holy spirit inspired Paul to write Kyrious is a nonsense, you have no way of knowing what Paul originally wrote, in fact, you have not made a single true assertion.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 May '13 19:06
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    then your assertion that the Holy spirit inspired Paul to write Kyrious is a nonsense, you have no way of knowing what Paul originally wrote, in fact, you have not made a single true assertion.
    Yes, I do know what the apostle Paul wrote. It is there on all those copies for everyone to see. Just because you do not want to accept what he wrote does not mean all those copies are wrong. You have the burden to prove they are wrong and that you can not do.

The instructor
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 May '13 21:481 edit
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    The facts of the matter are:

The originals are written in Hebrew and Greek
    and have been translated many times over the
    many hundreds of years since they first appeared.

My point is that all of those translations more or
    less agree with each other, that is until your
    translation came along.

The JW New World Translation is very differe , the JW's
    have changed the translations. Adding and
    subtracting to suit their own ends.
    The NWT is nothing more than an advertisement of their unique dogma. The Christian Bible (KJV and other more modern translations) does not support the JW dogma. The NWT was created (yes, created, by men) with that specific need (to support the JW dogma) in mind. Period.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '13 23:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The NWT is nothing more than an advertisement of their unique dogma. The Christian Bible (KJV and other more modern translations) does not support the JW dogma. The NWT was created (yes, created, by men) with that specific need (to support the JW dogma) in mind. Period.
    evidence, nil. Opinionated utterances (squillions)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree