1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 19:04
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    What does that have to do with anything?
    wow, you make Kelly Bundy look like a theoretical physicist.
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Mar '14 03:55
    I'm a bit ashamed because it's true the average JW can turn the average nominal Christian into a theological pretzel (I got that from somewhere else can't remember where) because the JW's know their stuff pretty well but the average Christian hardly cracks open their bible yet alone studies the Koinonia Greek in which the New Testament was written in

Manny
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '14 07:58
    Originally posted by menace71
    I'm a bit ashamed because it's true the average JW can turn the average nominal Christian into a theological pretzel (I got that from somewhere else can't remember where) because the JW's know their stuff pretty well but the average Christian hardly cracks open their bible yet alone studies the Koinonia Greek in which the New Testament was written in

Manny
    Correction; they appear to know the stuff they are taught very well.

Just because robbie carrobie throws out Greek quotes and claims to have a better understanding of scripture, doesn't mean a) he does, or b) that he (or actually his leadership who provide the thoughts for him to believe) is being spoken to by the Lord.

Remember:

JWs deny the divinity of Christ, refuse to accept that name of Jesus is (currently) above all names and believe him to be an angel.

JWs believe they have 2 saviors (Jesus and Jehovah), that Jesus is Mighty God but still an angel and therefore can't be worshiped (this is to align their erroneous doctrine with Isaiah 9)

JW don't believe in that Christ was physically resurrected (as I understand it - apologies if I'm wrong) and therefore cannot be interceding for mankind.

Not to mention the dangerous doctrines on blood transfusions and the horrendous treatment of people (including family members) wishing to leave their religion.

In short all that learning = all that error.
  4. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '14 10:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it is the edited version of the protestant bible????

The New world translation is based upon generally two base texts, The Greek text is based upon The New Testament in the Original Greek, by Westcott and Hort and the Hebrew portion upon the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, by Elliger and Rudolph, Deutsche Bibelstiftung, Stuttgart, 1977, H.S.

It ...[text shortened]... ss it as an uninformed and prejudiced assertion without even the slightest semblance of reality?
    nope. I feel redundant in this conversation. As was discussed in another thread. There was the origional bible, then the protestant bible, then others. What part of the word is not God's word. If you recieve the Word into your heart, you recieve God too.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '14 19:471 edit
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    nope. I feel redundant in this conversation. As was discussed in another thread. There was the origional bible, then the protestant bible, then others. What part of the word is not God's word. If you recieve the Word into your heart, you recieve God too.
    No there was the original manuscripts which to translators were few and far between, and then there was more manuscripts and now were are in better position than ever before to compare papyri, codices and manuscripts than at any time in history. There is no such thing as a protestant Bible, there is only Greek and Hebrew texts from which translations are made. The folly of the protestant was to fail to grasp the significance of the Hebrew text and how it related to the Greek, that is why even to this day they are embroiled in the Greek portion and know next to nothing about the Hebrew portion other than that which substantiates their dogma. They even hand out half Bibles, New testaments only to school children.

This type of esoteric experience of receiving Jesus into your heart is nothing more than a pure emotionalism, 'this means everlasting life their taking in knowledge of you the only true God and of the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ' John 17:3, meaning no amount of emotionalism can make up for personal Bible study and research. Taking in knowledge of God and Christ leads to everlasting life.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 01:44
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    Which "Word" you going to believe?

It is really naïve of you to talk about "the original bible" and "the protestant bible".

Could you define either?
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 04:04
    Originally posted by divegeester

Just because robbie carrobie throws out Greek quotes and claims to have a better understanding of scripture, doesn't mean a) he does, or b) that he (or actually his leadership who provide the thoughts for him to believe) is being spoken to by the Lord.

Remember:

JWs den ...[text shortened]... family members) wishing to leave their religion.

Sure they know their stuff very well but what my point is the average Christian can't argue or defend scripture and if a JW comes along they don't know the difference other than what their pastor states

Manny
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 04:06
    Message not sent
    A player is ignoring you. Robbie I was / am willing to play clan games but either your inbox is set to ignore or ignore me 🙂

Manny
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 09:043 edits
    really, wow, it must of been from a phase when i was ignoring everyone! including myself! sign up Manfred my son and if you can think of a name, let it be known, Robbie Ramjet and his eagles is not going to cut it in the hurly burly of the clan forums me thinks!

Clan 25203
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 23:17

Remember:

JWs den ...[text shortened]... family members) wishing to leave their religion.

Word. 🙂
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 23:19
    really, wow, it must of been from a phase when i was ignoring everyone! including myself! sign up Manfred my son and if you can think of a name, let it be known, Robbie Ramjet and his eagles is not going to cut it in the hurly burly of the clan forums me thinks!

Clan 25203
    The burned out husk of a once-proud clan.

Good job, Charlie.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 23:20
    No there was the original manuscripts which to translators were few and far between, and then there was more manuscripts and now were are in better position than ever before to compare papyri, codices and manuscripts than at any time in history. There is no such thing as a protestant Bible, there is only Greek and Hebrew texts from which translation ...[text shortened]... sonal Bible study and research. Taking in knowledge of God and Christ leads to everlasting life.
    "That's what the False Prophet said."
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 23:28
    LOL.
    Again my friend sometimes we don't answer because it has been discussed over and over and sometimes we do get tired of repeating those answers. Or it could be we've missed it or we know no matter how we explain even by scriptures it will do no good. Fair enough?
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Mar '14 23:35
    wow, you make Kelly Bundy look like a theoretical physicist.
    Doesn't bother me these are such Iconic characters. Married with children has to be on the top 10 best TV series of all time.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '14 00:28
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Doesn't bother me these are such Iconic characters. Married with children has to be on the top 10 best TV series of all time.
    i would have to agree with you, others being

1. Everybody hates Chris
    2. Little house on the prairie
    3. Kung Fu
    4. The water margin
    5. The Fresh Prince
    6. Big Bang theory
    7. Malcolm in the middle
    8. Happy Days
    9. Mash
    5. The Dukes of Hazzard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree