KellyJay's 'How God Did It' thread.

KellyJay's 'How God Did It' thread.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Apr 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Feel free to explain to me how God created the diversification of life we see on the planet, if evolution isn't responsible how did it all come about. Don't skimp on the details.
If your question assumes the existence of an omnipotent God then I see no problem as to how 'micro evolution' is maybe a mechanism God used after he created life first and then each specie after its own 'kind'. On the other hand, I've heard of no plausible explanation for the existence of life to start off with from atheistic point of view. Never mind the diversification of it by random chance.

AH

Moves
03 Apr 11

Originally posted by KellyJay
No, no, where did everything come from! The big bang is not an explaination of
where everything came from, that is an event that occured with everything
involved. Please, where did all that come from? After all if you can ask me the
details on how and why God did things I can ask you questions about science it is
only fair.
Kelly
“....After all if you can ask me the details on how and why God did things I can ask you questions about science it is only fair. ...”

he did NOT say/imply you cannot ask questions about science.
You can ask whatever question about science you like so isn't it fair that we can ask you a question about 'God'? -how is that NOT fair?
This is just avoiding the question and the whole subject of the thread. Reminder; he asked:

“....how God created the diversification of life we see on the planet, if evolution isn't responsible how did it all come about. Don't skimp on the details. ...”

“I don't know” would be a perfectly valid answer to this (and any) question if you do not know. If you do not know, then just say so and end the conversation.

AH

Moves
03 Apr 11
2 edits

Originally posted by dj2becker
If your question assumes the existence of an omnipotent God then I see no problem as to how 'micro evolution' is maybe a mechanism God used after he created life first and then each specie after its own 'kind'. On the other hand, I've heard of no plausible explanation for the existence of life to start off with from atheistic point of view. Never mind the diversification of it by random chance.
“....I've heard of no plausible explanation for the existence of life to start off with from atheistic point of view ...”

http://wn.com/Abiogenesis (you have to go to about two-thirds into the video until it starts to explain the process itself but the first part is still worth reading. Plus you might want to turn the sound off because the music on this video is a real irritation) .

And to add to that:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/originoflife.html#RNAworld

-now you have -problem solved!

“...Never mind the diversification of it by random chance...”

...and nobody is claiming that diversification simply just came about purely by “random chance” if that is what you imply here. Evolution has a random element within it but natural selection is not random but an inevitable process with some degree of very limited predictability in its outcomes.
And evolution is the only plausible explanation we have for the diversification of lif and has such a mountain of evidence to support it that is is correctly considered to be a scientific fact by anyone that understands it.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Apr 11

Originally posted by KellyJay
No, no, where did everything come from! The big bang is not an explaination of
where everything came from, that is an event that occured with everything
involved. Please, where did all that come from? After all if you can ask me the
details on how and why God did things I can ask you questions about science it is
only fair.
Kelly
Why do i have to answer your questions for you to answer mine? We have to two threads going in which you're asking questions, this thread is for me to ask questions and you to answer..

If you want to start a new thread on a different topic, fire away. This thread is about you explaining your views.

Moves
03 Apr 11

Originally posted by Seitse
Don't be lazy: read your Bible, pray a lot with a sincere, faithful heart,
and you shall receive all the answers you are searching for.
If you don't untie the REAL Seitse from the basement radiator, I shall alert you to the authorities.

Moves
03 Apr 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
“....I've heard of no plausible explanation for the existence of life to start off with from atheistic point of view ...”

http://wn.com/Abiogenesis (you have to go to about two-thirds into the video until it starts to explain the process itself but the first part is still worth reading. Plus you might want to turn the sound off because ...[text shortened]... pport it that is is correctly considered to be a scientific fact by anyone that understands it.
Maybe you can save me the agony and for once demonstrate some independent thought instead of regurgitating other people’s ideas because I could simply stoop to the same level and post a rebuttal from “Why abiogenesis is impossible”. Not that you would actually read it.Or even try to demonstrate some understanding of it.
http://www.trueorigin.org/abio.asp

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Apr 11

Originally posted by dj2becker
It's not random chance. It's the 'non-random selection of random variants'.

Let's for a moment accept God created animals according to their 'kinds' and micro evolution gives us variation. What's stopping 'macro evolution' from happening?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Apr 11

Feel free to explain to me how God created the diversification of life we see on the planet, if evolution isn't responsible how did it all come about. Don't skimp on the details.
God 'spoke' everything that exists into existence.

God uttered the word and the 'thing' was.

Everything!

That is the answer to your question. It's not a theory like the theory of evolution. The theory of evolution is just that, a theory. One that, while giving the appearance of having arrived at an answer as to how the complexity of life came about, is void of spiritual meaning and value, yet seems to satisfy a purely intellectual and material mindset. But to no avail. The atheist/evolutionist will never know the answers to life's most perplexing questions while peering at the world in unbelief. Straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel?

"God created". Too simple? Too easy to believe?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Apr 11

Originally posted by josephw

Everything!

That is the answer to your question. It's not a theory like the theory of evolution. The theory of evolution is just that, a theory. One that, while giving the appearance of having arrived at an answer as to how the complexity of life came abou ...[text shortened]... g at a gnat and swallowing a camel?

Thanks for your input Joseph. It's not what i was looking for, but it is what i expected.

On a side note, you do realise that countless Christians and other believers in God worldwide accept evolution? Evolution doesn't equate to atheism. But hey, why the facts get in the way of what you want to believe.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Apr 11
1 edit

Thanks for your input Joseph. It's not what i was looking for, but it is what i expected.

On a side note, you do realise that countless Christians and other believers in God worldwide accept evolution? Evolution doesn't equate to atheism. But hey, why the facts get in the way of what you want to believe.
"..,but it is what i expected."

You're a genious Knob! 😉

What facts? Evolution facts?

My perception of life isn't viewed through a microscope.

Countless Christians believe in evolution? Poor josephw. A throwback. Ignorant fool. Doesn't have faith in a theory. 🙄 Doesn't follow the crowd. 😴

Moves
03 Apr 11

Everything!

That is the answer to your question. It's not a theory like the theory of evolution. The theory of evolution is just that, a theory. One that, while giving the appearance of having arrived at an answer as to how the complexity of life came abou ...[text shortened]... g at a gnat and swallowing a camel?

Quote:

"atheist/evolutionist"

I wonder if we are all using the word "evolutionist" in the same way.

I think it is useful to distinguish between (1) those who accept current biological evolution theory as the best naturalistic, provisional, explanation for biodiversity, meaning they do not think the theory disproves the existence of a supernatural, divine creator and plan, and (2) those who believe the theory supports or confirms their disbelief in a divine creator and plan. It supports their ideology, in their eyes.

Those of kind (1) would not necessarily be atheists. They understand the self-imposed limitation of science to methodological naturalism, a limitation that they believe needs defending from ideological interference from religion and from those of kind (2).

So I don't know which, if not both of these kinds, you mean by "evolutionist."

Do you give credence to the possibility that there are those of type (1) on this forum, who may or may not be atheists?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Apr 11

[b]"..,but it is what i expected."

You're a genious Knob! 😉

What facts? Evolution facts?

Countless Christians believe in evolution? Poor josephw. A throwback. Ignorant fool. Doesn't have faith in a theory. 🙄 Doesn't follow the crowd. 😴[/b]
You're a genious Knob!

Maybe a genius, definitely not a genious!!

Neither is mine. Why would it be?

Countless Christians believe in evolution?

No, they accept. So please stop with the atheism = evolution canard.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Apr 11

Originally posted by JS357
Quote:

"atheist/evolutionist"

I wonder if we are all using the word "evolutionist" in the same way.

I think it is useful to distinguish between (1) those who accept current biological evolution theory as the best naturalistic, provisional, explanation for biodiversity, meaning they do not think the theory disproves the existence of a supernatural, div ...[text shortened]... ssibility that there are those of type (1) on this forum, who may or may not be atheists?
"Do you give credence to the possibility that there are those of type (1) on this forum, who may or may not be atheists?"

Yes. But my post is in direct reply to PK who is an atheist/evolutionist, and not to the other misguided types you refered to. 😉

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Apr 11
1 edit

[b]You're a genious Knob!

Maybe a genius, definitely not a genious!!

Neither is mine. Why would it be?

Countless Christians believe in evolution?

No, they accept. So please stop with the atheism = evolution canard.[/b]
No.

I think you must be a genious. 😉

I'm going to run and hide now because every time I get into a debate with you I come out looking really bad. 😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Apr 11

Why do i have to answer your questions for you to answer mine? We have to two threads going in which you're asking questions, this thread is for me to ask questions and you to answer..

If you want to start a new thread on a different topic, fire away. This thread is about you explaining your views.
It is as impossible for me to tell you the details in how God did it as it is for you
to tell me where everything came from. If you want the details beyond, "God said,
Let there be..." You will have to ask God. My views if that is what you care about
than by all means fire away, I'll give you my opinion on what I think God did. It
will be limited to my opinion and faith.
Kelly