1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 11:58
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/02/09/ken-ham-the-making-of-an-american-religious-huckster.html
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 12:00
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/02/09/ken-ham-the-making-of-an-american-religious-huckster.html
    Americas long history of anti-intellectualism, wow, hows that? most Americans I have met are rather bright fellows.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 15:55
    "Convincing people to reject evolution—and the Big Bang, the age of the earth, and many other mainstream scientific ideas—was accomplished in part by portraying the scientific community as a cabal of elitist, politically motivated secularists conspiring with the assistance of Satan to undermine the traditional values of American Christians. This view of the scientific community resonated with conservative Protestants, bewildered by a world that they once controlled but that now seemed to be leaving them and their values behind. Such a view provides a reason to reject so-called “expertise” in favor of homey assurances that everything they needed to know about origins is in the Bible."

So Ken Ham, an Australian, is the one that convinced people of America to be Young Earth Creationists. Yeah, that really makes a lot of sense... to an atheist numbnuts.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 22:15
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]"Convincing people to reject evolution—and the Big Bang, the age of the earth, and many other mainstream scientific ideas—was accomplished in part by portraying the scientific community as a cabal of elitist, politically motivated secularists conspiring with the assistance of Satan to undermine the traditional values of American Christians. This view of t ...[text shortened]... be Young Earth Creationists. Yeah, that really makes a lot of sense... to an atheist numbnuts.
    Did you see the 'huckster' part? He is the one who created the 'creationist museum, where dino's and humans walk together, for a price of course.

Sounds like huckster to me.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Feb '14 22:52
    Did you see the 'huckster' part? He is the one who created the 'creationist museum, where dino's and humans walk together, for a price of course.

Sounds like huckster to me.
    There is nothing wrong with that. It is called capitalism. Don't you remember "The Flintstones" on TV years ago. They even made a movie called "The Flintstones" more recently and they made money off of that too.

There were many other movies that were made with dinosaurs and people together. The sexy Raquel Welch was in one of the earlier ones and I am sure you must have heard of the Jurassic Park movies that had people and dinosaurs together.

This "creation museum" is similiar to theme parks where people go on vacation for enjoyment. They need to take in money to keep it going and to pay workers. Some people might not have jobs if it were not for things like that.

There are many types of museums that collect a fee to enter. I think the only ones that don't are funded by tax payer's dollars. You should be celebrating the creation of jobs rather than criticizing it.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 00:36
    Wow maybe there is a history of anti intellectualism I was unaware of.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 01:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Wow maybe there is a history of anti intellectualism I was unaware of.
    It is all an exaggeration by the left.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 02:52
    It is all an exaggeration by the left.
    No I think that you are living proof.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 04:29
    No I think that you are living proof.
    I doubt that even sunhouse would care what you think since you have already been proven WRONG.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 11:34
    I doubt that even sunhouse would care what you think since you have already been proven WRONG.
    Hardly i reign supreme as a Bible student extraordinaire, all you have proven is what we have known already, you are incapable of rational thought.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 12:01
    Hardly i reign supreme as a Bible student extraordinaire, all you have proven is what we have known already, you are incapable of rational thought.
    And, anyone who plays guitar as well as you can't be ALL bad🙂
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 12:271 edit
    And, anyone who plays guitar as well as you can't be ALL bad🙂
    I took my rabbit into my loft where my guitars are and it chewed through my Ethernet cable, i have yet to look at what else little furry Hazel has gorged herself upon! 😀
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 13:55
    I took my rabbit into my loft where my guitars are and it chewed through my Ethernet cable, i have yet to look at what else little furry Hazel has gorged herself upon! 😀
    Well, better than than feasting on your guitars! THAT would have really sucked.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 14:35
    There is nothing wrong with that. It is called capitalism. Don't you remember "The Flintstones" on TV years ago. They even made a movie called "The Flintstones" more recently and they made money off of that too.

There were many other movies that were made with dinosaurs and people together. The sexy Raquel Welch was in one of the earlier ones and I am ...[text shortened]... tax payer's dollars. You should be celebrating the creation of jobs rather than criticizing it.
    There is LOTS wrong with that. They actively spread the lie about creationism, reinforcing the programming inherent in religious activity.

I don't know about you but I knew the Flintstones was just a story, a fiction for laughs.

Your huckster buddy is not laughing, except all the way to the bank.

This is a sick proposition.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 00:19
    There is LOTS wrong with that. They actively spread the lie about creationism, reinforcing the programming inherent in religious activity.

I don't know about you but I knew the Flintstones was just a story, a fiction for laughs.

Your huckster buddy is not laughing, except all the way to the bank.

This is a sick proposition.
    I think you are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Like I said before, this is just capitalism at work. Other people have their evilution museums, so I see nothing wrong with one creation museum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree