1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 02:142 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No were does the new covenant instruct people not to kill in war either. Jesus told his disciples to buy weapons, if they did not have one. Why?

And He said to them, “But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and [b]whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.

(Luke 22:36 NASB)[/b]
    See if you just might possible get the point here. I doubt it but what the heck. Here ya go...

"The fact that two swords were available among the disciples on the night of Jesus’ betrayal was not unusual for those times (Lu 22:38), and there is evidence that for Galileans in particular it was not uncommon to carry arms. (See The Jewish War, by F. Josephus, III, 42 [iii, 2].) Jesus’ words at Luke 22:36, “Let the one having no sword sell his outer garment and buy one,” would not indicate that his disciples were about to enter into a hazardous life. Rather, he desired to have a sword available among his followers on that night in order to demonstrate clearly that, though they would come into circumstances that could easily provoke armed resistance, he did not intend to resort to the sword but would give himself up voluntarily in harmony with God’s will. Thus, when Peter did react and try to put up armed resistance, lopping off the ear of Malchus, Jesus ordered him: “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword.”
    Jesus explained that his Kingdom was no part of the world. By his example, he trained his followers to keep out of the political fights of the day and to focus instead on preaching the good news of God’s Kingdom. (John 17:16; 18:36)

He taught a powerful lesson regarding neutrality when the mob came to arrest him. Peter sprang into action, impulsively swinging his sword and injuring a man. It is easy to sympathize with Peter. If ever violence might have seemed justified, it was on that night, when God’s innocent Son was attacked. Yet, Jesus then set the standard for his earthly followers down to this day: “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword.” (Matthew 26:51-54) For Christ’s followers, maintaining such a peaceful stand surely took courage then, as it does today. As a result of their Christian neutrality, God’s people today have a clean record when it comes to the countless modern-day wars, holocausts, riots, and similar acts of violence. That sterling record is one reward for their courage.

You can't take just one part of a scripture to back up your desire to kill if you see fit. This is wrong and you know it. Do not use the bible as your scapegoat to back up your desires....
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 07:13
    Originally posted by galveston75
    See if you just might possible get the point here. I doubt it but what the heck. Here ya go...

"The fact that two swords were available among the disciples on the night of Jesus’ betrayal was not unusual for those times (Lu 22:38), and there is evidence that for Galileans in particular it was not uncommon to carry arms. (See The Jewish War, by F. Jos ...[text shortened]... s is wrong and you know it. Do not use the bible as your scapegoat to back up your desires....
    You are just so full of crap. Please take a break to get it all out.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 08:01
    LOL, is that really the best you can do when presented with a line of reasoning,
    thankyou Ronald Jesus Hinds, or is that Ronald Jonah Hinds
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 08:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    LOL, is that really the best you can do when presented with a line of reasoning,
    thankyou Ronald Jesus Hinds, or is that Ronald Jonah Hinds
    Ronald Judas Hinds.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 08:301 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Ronald Judas Hinds.
    LOL, can hardly type for laughing, how he has betrayed the son of man with a kiss! 😀
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 12:07
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Are you going to play any chess?
    Christians are called to turn the other cheek, not beat people in chess.

Now where did I place that whip? 😛
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 15:071 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    LOL, can hardly type for laughing, how he has betrayed the son of man with a kiss! 😀
    Who knows but when Jesus told them to put away their swords, I wonder what RJH would have done if he had been there with them in the garden?
    I think we all know....

"Stand back yall, I have this." Lol.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 15:12
    Let's see:

Bible : 1
    RJH : 0

In reality over the last few years. Lol.

Bible : 1 gazillion
    RJH : 0
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 15:16
    Not so. Christians are not to turn the other cheek in times of war or when being attacked. He are commanded to have a ready defense for the faith we hold. And that also means the right to bear arms if necessary. 😏
    I thought you would have been against genetic manipulation.....
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 17:57
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Who knows but when Jesus told them to put away their swords, I wonder what RJH would have done if he had been there with them in the garden?
    I think we all know....

"Stand back yall, I have this." Lol.
    he'll be counting the silver.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 18:16
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    he'll be counting the silver.
    Lol.
  12. Heaven
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 18:49

And He said to them, “But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and [b]whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.

(Luke 22:36 NASB)[/b] 1)do u think he was being literal? 2)are we not instructed to live by what the word says,not what he doesn't say?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 00:41
    Hummmm? No responces from RJH it seems. I wonder why?
  14. Heaven
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 17:00
    i feel where ' christians ' have got it wrong in the past is that when they have been wrong, they fail to apologise. it's both human and christian to err! i have done so plenty in my life. may it never be to shed the blood of another, as god teaches us in ephesians 6 ' we fight NOT against flesh and blood...' for me that settles it!
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 23:05
    Originally posted by dunetwo
    i feel where ' christians ' have got it wrong in the past is that when they have been wrong, they fail to apologise. it's both human and christian to err! i have done so plenty in my life. may it never be to shed the blood of another, as god teaches us in ephesians 6 ' we fight NOT against flesh and blood...' for me that settles it!
    I do not need to "apologise" when I am right. Christ said we have the right to keep and bear arms. In fact Jesus told His disciples, if they did not have a weapon (sword) to go buy one. End of story!

HalleluYAH !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree