1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 00:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I do not need to "apologise" when I am right. Christ said we have the right to keep and bear arms. In fact Jesus told His disciples, if they did not have a weapon (sword) to go buy one. End of story!

HalleluYAH !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Whooosh!!!!! Right over the ole head huh buddy?
  2. Heaven
    Moves
    12 Oct '12 19:08
    You are just so full of crap.
    RJH, the above is evidence of how u believe a christian follows jesus. u so far fail to answer questions put to u. i guess this is the way u feel u spread the light of jesus? the way i've seen u behave in here so far, can only be seen as shameful!
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Oct '12 23:43
    Originally posted by dunetwo
    I spread the truth of the gospel by telling it like I see it. If you don't see it the same, then look again for you are wrong. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 01:10
    I do not need to "apologise" when I am right. Christ said we have the right to keep and bear arms. In fact Jesus told His disciples, if they did not have a weapon (sword) to go buy one. End of story!

HalleluYAH !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    so where do you keep your sword?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 01:53
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    so where do you keep your sword?
    My weapon is kept in my bedroom closet. I am a member of the National Rifle Association. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 08:571 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    See if you just might possible get the point here. I doubt it but what the heck. Here ya go...

"The fact that two swords were available among the disciples on the night of Jesus’ betrayal was not unusual for those times (Lu 22:38), and there is evidence that for Galileans in particular it was not uncommon to carry arms. (See The Jewish War, by F. Jos s is wrong and you know it. Do not use the bible as your scapegoat to back up your desires....
    Let's look at the facts shall we:

Jehovah led the people of Israel into the promised land through serveral wars/battles and copious slaughter of the enemies of God. In numerous places throughout the OT Jehovah says "I am the lord and I change not".

How do you reconcile your position as a pacifist with Jehovah's position on war?
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 17:541 edit
    My weapon is kept in my bedroom closet. I am a member of the National Rifle Association. 🙄

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
    jesus didn't say anything about rifles. where is your sword?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 21:28
    jesus didn't say anything about rifles. where is your sword?
    You would make a good JW. There were no guns or rifles to mention then. Weapons were mentioned, however. The sword was commonly used as a weapon in those days by individuals. The gun or rifle is the choice of individuals of today for a weapon. Therefore, the rifle can be used to replace the sword of yesterday. 😏

9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 22:08
    http://www.cathar.info/120504_guzman.htm

This account of the crusade against the Cathars might be topical: it bears reading to the end. Just thinking about the history of how christianity was spread around Europe.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 22:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Let's look at the facts shall we:

Jehovah led the people of Israel into the promised land through serveral wars/battles and copious slaughter of the enemies of God. In numerous places throughout the OT Jehovah says [b]"I am the lord and I change not".

How do you reconcile your position as a pacifist with Jehovah's position on war?[/b]
    Bump for Galveston
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 23:39
    Originally posted by finnegan
    http://www.cathar.info/120504_guzman.htm

This account of the crusade against the Cathars might be topical: it bears reading to the end. Just thinking about the history of how christianity was spread around Europe.
    Was it written by a Christian?
  12. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 00:251 edit
    You would make a good JW. There were no guns or rifles to mention then. Weapons were mentioned, however. The sword was commonly used as a weapon in those days by individuals. The gun or rifle is the choice of individuals of today for a weapon. Therefore, the rifle can be used to replace the sword of yesterday. 🙄

there were other weapons back then. he didn't tell anyone to go and get bows and arrows. he didn't say a keep a generic weapon handy. christ specifically mentioned swords for his direct followers, and a specific number of swords at that. do you have any clue whatsoever why he did so?
  13. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 00:331 edit
    Was it written by a Christian?
    Hardly. 😀
    This is as close as the Catholic Encyclopaedia comes to admitting fault:

Ecclesiastical authority, after persuasion had failed, adopted a course of severe repression, which led at times to regrettable excess.

A Handbook of Heresies, approved by a Roman Catholic Censor and bearing the Imprimatur of the Vicar General at Westminster, refers to Guzmán's "heroic exercise of fraternal charity". His failure as a preacher is not mentioned, nor the fact that even using trickery and torture almost no Parfaits could be induced to abandon their faith. The thousands of Cathar deaths are not referred to except in the most oblique terms:
    "The long and arduous task was at length successful, and by the end of the fourteenth century Albigensianism, with all other forms of Catharism, was practically extinct."

Guzman, by the way, is Dominic Guzman, Saint Dominic to his friends, founder of the Inquisition. Albigensianism is better known to us as Gnosticism.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 02:59
    there were other weapons back then. he didn't tell anyone to go and get bows and arrows. he didn't say a keep a generic weapon handy. christ specifically mentioned swords for his direct followers, and a specific number of swords at that. do you have any clue whatsoever why he did so?
    Yes I have already mentioned the reason to the JWs. However, the watchtower has already indoctrinated them with another reason that supports their theology.
  15. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 08:31
    Yes I have already mentioned the reason to the JWs. However, the watchtower has already indoctrinated them with another reason that supports their theology.
    Can you elaborate?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree