1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 03:37
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]Even though this incident is less traumatic, it never the less illustrates, there is a problem with people in general.

Which is why guns should be banned.[/b]
    Which is why people like you should be locked into a padded cell and not allowed any sharp objects.
    Go troll elsewhere, I've seen enough of you for this and the next 5 lifetimes.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 03:50
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Which is why people like you should be locked into a padded cell and not allowed any sharp objects.
    Go troll elsewhere, I've seen enough of you for this and the next 5 lifetimes.
    My my, the non-sequitur hissy fit.

That's one fragile little ego you got there kid.
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 03:551 edit
    My my, the non-sequitur hissy fit.

That's one fragile little ego you got there kid.
    Au contraire it is quite logical.
    Yeah, I have a small ego, as usual, you're talking out of your ass.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 04:06
    Au contraire it is quite logical.
    Yeah, I have a small ego, as usual, you're talking out of your ass.
    Aren't you a precious little thing?
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 04:17
    Aren't you a precious little thing?
    What you say in your own bathroom is your own business pal.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 04:56
    What you say in your own bathroom is your own business pal.
    Kids today.
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 06:08
    Kids today.
    Should be alive and not dead. No parent should have to bury a child.
    Gun control, knife control, personal differences aside.... that is the issue here sir.
  8. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 08:083 edits
    [b]Even though this incident is less traumatic, it never the less illustrates, there is a problem with people in general.

Which is why guns should be banned.[/b]
    The USA will never, ever ban guns (without facing a revolt). The right to bear arms is completely fundamental to the structure of our society. The idea of the Founding Fathers was, if society is completely disarmed, the government has limitless power.

This country was founded upon the principle of limited government with minimal intrusion into the private lives of its citizens--citizens who have the right to arm themselves for protection.

If my arm were twisted, I suppose I might at least openly discuss the idea of limitations placed on semi-automatic, military-grade rifles and/or extended magazines. These killing sprees would be severely limited, if not wiped out altogether, if these disturbed, evil bastards didn't have 50-round clips and the ability to fire off multiple rounds per second. As an extreme case, imagine a crazy 20 year old ass-wipe, carrying a bolt-action rifle to the mall. He might squeeze off 2 or 3 shots before someone would tackle him and stomp his face into the floor.

But if you are serious about banning all guns, then you are either not an American, or you should never BE an American. Nothing more anti-American could be said than, "Guns should be banned."
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 08:51
    Originally posted by sumydid
    The USA will never, ever ban guns (without facing a revolt). The right to bear arms is completely fundamental to the structure of our society. The idea of the Founding Fathers was, if society is completely disarmed, the government has limitless power.

This country was founded upon the principle of limited government with minimal intrusion into the priva ...[text shortened]... ever BE an American. Nothing more anti-American could be said than, "Guns should be banned."
    I understand the role of guns in your constitution but we live in the 21st century now, it ain't the 1700's anymore. In the 1780's an armed peasant revolt may very well have had a chance of over throwing a government but here and now in the 21st century that ain't going to happen. I don't care how many guns the revolt has it wouldn't stand a chance against the might of the US military.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 09:34

This country was founded upon the principle of limited government with minimal intrusion into the priva ...[text shortened]... ever BE an American. Nothing more anti-American could be said than, "Guns should be banned."
    Concepts in this post:

it is a [human] right to bear firearms in case the government intervenes in their lives

guns are the only thing keeping the government at bay

a murdering manic with a bolt action rifle would be tackled to the floor by a member of the public after only shooting a few people

If you think guns should be banned I will take away your citizenship

Please tell us you are being in some way ironic...?
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 17:50
    Should be alive and not dead. No parent should have to bury a child.
    Gun control, knife control, personal differences aside.... that is the issue here sir.
    You're such a child.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 18:09
    Thanks and sorry for being a smart ass, well this time anyway.
    Even though this incident is less traumatic, it never the less illustrates, there is a problem with people in general.
    I agree that there is a problem with people in general - but, and you might call me cynical here, there has always been such a problem and so long as there are people there always will be. As such, given that the key problem isn't going to go away any time soon (unless it can be shown otherwise) we need to address the secondary problem of how we limit the carnage that can be wreaked by the first problem (people).
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 18:102 edits

This country was founded upon the principle of limited government with minimal intrusion into the priva ever BE an American. Nothing more anti-American could be said than, "Guns should be banned."
    The right to bear arms is completely fundamental to the structure of our society.

And here I thought it the Constitition - which provides a mechanism for amendment and that includes the Second Amendment. Claiming it to be "fundamental" doesn't seem to hold water.

But if you are serious about banning all guns, then you are either not an American, or you should never BE an American. Nothing more anti-American could be said than, "Guns should be banned."

Seriously? Just how did you arrive at that conclusion?

The USA will never, ever ban guns (without facing a revolt).

So far as I know, the Constitution does not provide for the right to revolt should one not agree with a given amendment. Would not such a revolt then be "anti-American"?

If my arm were twisted, I suppose I might at least openly discuss the idea of limitations placed on semi-automatic, military-grade rifles and/or extended magazines. These killing sprees would be severely limited, if not wiped out altogether, if these disturbed, evil bastards didn't have 50-round clips and the ability to fire off multiple rounds per second. As an extreme case, imagine a crazy 20 year old ass-wipe, carrying a bolt-action rifle to the mall. He might squeeze off 2 or 3 shots before someone would tackle him and stomp his face into the floor.

Yes, those killing sprees would be severely limited. That said, curious that you would have to have your "arm twisted" in order for you to engage in an open discussion of the idea of limitations given that you recognize that. How many more need to be killed in that manner before you would advocate for imposing such limitations?
  14. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 21:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    Broadly speaking, British people balk at 'indicating' their ironic comments with emoticons.
    Unindicated ironic comments are better, and I get it 99+% of the time.
  15. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    15 Dec '12 21:123 edits
    The USA will never, ever ban guns (without facing a revolt).
    We had an assaults weapons ban no problem, and there was no revolt. By the way, that ban will likely be reinstated if enough constituency pressure is put on the Republican religious fundamentalists and tea partiers in the House. or if the Dems can get control of the House in 2014.

NRA -- 26
    School children -- 0

“The NRA hates freedom." “They don’t want you to have the freedom to send your children to school & expect them to come home alive.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/michael-moore-the-nra-hates-freedom/article/2516007#.UMzF6m_Xbwg

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree