1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 May '09 00:141 edit
    Muhammed doubted at one point that the messages he was getting were from God. He thought that they may be coming from jinn or demons (evil spirits).

His wife Khadija and her cousin Waraqah had to encourage him that he was really getting revelations like Moses.

Muhammed also questioned the divine origin of an experience he had when the angel was choking him and coercing him to recite the "revelations".

A respected Muslim biographer M.H. Haykal wrote of Muhammed's fear at one point that he might be demon possessed:

"Stricken with panic, Muhammed arose and asked himself, "What did I see? Did possession of the devil which I feared all along come to pass?" Muhammed looked to his right and his left but saw nothing. For a while he stood there trembling with fear and stricken with awe. He feared the cave might be haunted and that he might run away still unable to explain what he saw."
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 May '09 02:01
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I see your humor,but the irony is thats really whats going on.from the crusades to the present
    Indeed; it is intended as ironic humor.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 May '09 04:161 edit
    is the Koran superior to the Bible and if so,why? Is the Bible superior and if so,why? Are they equal? Why?
    Well lets see, one book was written by only one man over a short span of time as where the other was written by a great number of men over a great span of time.

What I find odd is that Mohammad conceeded that the Bible was inspired by God yet refutes many of its teachings. In fact, the Bible has nothing to say about Mohammad in a prophetic way yet he claims to be the last word on the Bible and the last prophet to boot. Therefore, no one who came before him or after him is able to question his positions.

Edit: I would say that the Bible may have one thing to say about Mohammad in a prophetic way. That is, if he indeed is the "false prophet" spoken of in Revelation.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 May '09 04:27
    NOT SO. check your source. I said " CHRISTIANS" not just catholics
    I guess I was mistaken!
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 May '09 04:39
    NOT SO. check your source. I said " CHRISTIANS" not just catholics
    Wait a second, I didn't think Catholics were Christians. Now I'm really confused.

Just kidding!! 😛
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 May '09 05:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well lets see, one book was written by only one man over a short span of time as where the other was written by a great number of men over a great span of time.
    How does this count as a point in favor of either book?
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 May '09 11:11
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I don't care about which book is better. I only care about were can I find the truth.
    If it's truth you're after, try the science forum. Only conjecture, speculation and dogma 'round here.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 May '09 11:271 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    If it's truth you're after, try the science forum. Only conjecture, speculation and dogma 'round here.
    Really?

You don't think there's a truck load of speculation, conjecture, and dogma over on the Science Forum ?

How rather smug and naive of you.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 May '09 11:44
    Really?

You don't think there's a truck load of speculation, conjecture, and dogma over on the Science Forum ?

How rather smug and naive of you.
    I'll rephrase that. Only dogma.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 May '09 13:041 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'll rephrase that. Only dogma.
    Dogma can be true you know?

The term dogma does not mean because it is so, in and of itself, it is not true.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 May '09 13:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    How does this count as a point in favor of either book?
    Man is fallible.....that is, at least, from the Christian perspective. If you ask a Muslim, Mohammad was "perfect". I suppose if you want to believe that then you should have no problem with the Koran. However, if not, it would then behoove us to have more than one voice pointing to the truth to ascertain what it actually is.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 May '09 13:181 edit
    Man is fallible.....that is, at least, from the Christian perspective. If you ask a Muslim, Mohammad was "perfect". I suppose if you want to believe that then you should have no problem with the Koran. However, if not, it would then behoove us to have more than one voice pointing to the truth to ascertain what it actually is.
    Concerning Muhammed being perfect then - When Muhammed suspected that he was getting messages from jinn (demons) was he "perfect"?

When he doubted the experience of being choked by the angel Gabriel to recite the revelations, was he perfect then or mistaken ?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '09 13:21
    Are you suggesting that books written by more than one author are always better than those written by one author? Or only when it suits your preconceived ideas?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '09 13:231 edit
    When he doubted the experience of being choked by the angel Gabriel to recite the revelations, was he perfect then or mistaken ?
    One can ask a similar question about the corporate-friendly gibberish "John" came out with that gave rise to the Book of Revelation: was "John" mistaken when he recites the revelations?

I mean, the deception of the Book of Revelation was predicted earlier in the Gospels: "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." (Matthew.)
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 May '09 13:261 edit
    Concerning Muhammed being perfect then - When Muhammed suspected that he was getting messages from jinn (demons) was he "perfect"?

I'm not jumping on you whodey, but it is just a couple of questions someone needs to consider. I have.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree