1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 11:46
    What a nice song - Kumbaya My Lord, Kumbaya

"Kumbaya".

Oh, that is completely biblical.
    It means "Come by here."

The second to the last verse of the whole Bible is a prayer for Jesus to Come -

" He who testifies these things says, Yes, I come quickly.

Amen. COME LORD JESUS! (Rev. 22:20)

Every believer in Jesus should have a prayer in their heart - "Come, Lord Jesus."
    Or Kumbaya .

Kumbaya My Lord is the same as "Come, Lord Jesus"
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 12:151 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    "Kumbaya"
    How was Local Church camp?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 12:20
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    How was Local Church camp?
    ?
    No camp.
    And no roasting of space aliens with our marshmellows over an open camp fire. Sorry.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 12:262 edits
    ...no roasting of space aliens with our marshmellows over an open camp fire. Sorry.
    You really are upset about revealing what you believe about people on other planets aren't you.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 12:29
    No camp.
    Well you've obviously been away licking your wounds and getting plugged into someones else's ministry and ideas that I'm sure we are all going to relentlessly hear about.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 12:30
    I like the last two verses of the Bible. They are very significant.

"He who testifies these things says, Yes, I come quickly. Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all the saints. Amen." (Rev. 22:20,21)

These are the final two verses of whole revelation of the 66 books of the Bible.

Verse 20 is a call for the Lord Jesus to Come.
    But it is not a passive plea.
    It is not a plea absolving one of all responsibility to live righteously.
    For it is immediately followed by the exhortation that the the grace of the Lord Jesus be with all the saints.

"The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all the saints. Amen"

This is an exhortation to experience the Christ that has come to live in the innermost spiritual being of the believers. This is an admonishment to experience Christ while we are eagerly awaiting His second coming.

Many of supposed supernatural predictions of prognosticators have nothing to do with how you live. They just foretell (supposedly) things which are to happen in the future. The Bible is not like this.

We want Christ to come.
    As we await His coming we diligently seek to live by Him - by the grace of Christ which is with us as believers.

For me these two verses really have to go together to close out the entire Bible.

" ... Come, Lord Jesus!

The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all the saints. Amen."
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 13:15
    Well you've obviously been away licking your wounds and getting plugged into someones else's ministry and ideas that I'm sure we are all going to relentlessly hear about.
    Still waiting for you to have the guts to make a formal complaint to Living Stream Ministry.

I gave you the address.
    I gave you the phone number.

Its more fun being a careless faker ?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 13:25
    Kumbaya must have been made up by someone knowing that there was a need for the Lord Jesus to COME by here.

And there is ALWAYS such a need. In fact the believer should abide in Him steadily and continually, in the Spirit of the Lord Who is with the saved man's spirit.

Come by here Lord is very much the hope that Jesus Christ will keep His promise - that where there are two or three gathered in His name there He is in the midst.

" For where there are two or three gathered into My name, there am I in their midst." (Matt. 18:20)

This is very real.
    This is unusual to the world's point of view.
    But to those who have some experience with the Holy Spirit it is normal.

We gather to want Him to Come By Here. That is to intensify the awareness of His presence.

Jesus said that He would be with His disciples all the days even to the consummation of the age.

" ... And behold, I am with you all the days until the consummation of the age." (Matt. 28:20b)
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 17:30
    Still waiting for you to have the guts to make a formal complaint to Living Stream Ministry.

I gave you the address.
    I gave you the phone number.

Its more fun being a careless faker ?
    You seem to think your ministerial plagiarism is way more important that the trivial self-serving religious verbal diarrhoea which it is
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Aug '17 21:104 edits
    You seem to think your ministerial plagiarism is way more important that the trivial self-serving religious verbal diarrhoea which it is
    You seem to think that eloquently repeating your whinings will hide the lazy cowardice to act upon supposed legitimate literary grievances.

What do you have to lose?
    They just might rebuke me over there at the LSM office.

So why not stop showing everyone here the yellow streak running down your back and graduate from a careless faker and tell LSM all about sonship's plagiarism?

You have a big mouth Divegeester.
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '17
    Moves
    20 Aug '17 04:221 edit
    Christians filled with the spirit of Christ acting out the teachings of Christ and loving their neighbor as themselves. (And, yeah, Jesus was asked that thing about “Who is my neighbor?” and turned the tables with his answer.) In a roomful of Christians calling each other names, all I can say is start loving one another. Despite your differences. Go ahead, be the first. Without insisting on reciprocation. If I was smarter maybe I could say something else. “Love one another as I have loved you.”

Maybe you'll lose the argument, but gain much more.
  12. Joined
    07 Jan '17
    Moves
    20 Aug '17 04:41
    I recently heard a sermon which drew on the story of Jackie Robinson and Branch Rickey. Robinson was told that, if he came to play in the big leagues, he would be called names – without being able to call names back – he would be spat upon, without being able to spit back - people would throw things at him, might even try to kill him – and he could not strike back. Why? Because, to cut a story short, that is the way of the Christ. Robinson agreed, for that reason.

Jackie Robinson had a lot more on him than I have. I don’t know what you’ve had on you. Can we swallow our egos and turn the other cheek? Without giving up our own understanding of truth? Can we take the way of Jackie Robinson, with a lot less on the line?

I find it hard, too.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Aug '17 08:132 edits
    You need something to eat man, if that's all you think of my posts.

You meant this insult to be a shame to me.
    But you are the one following my posts carefully eating what you insult.

Why follow me around hoping to get another drink of liquefied feces if that's all you smell?
    Stop hanging on every thread I start then before your mouth evolves into the shape of a toilet.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '17 09:38
    You have a big mouth Divegeester.
    You're just pissed off because I have correctly identified you as a fraud. Most of the stuff you post in here, including your adopted strange beliefs, is lifted from somewhere else.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '17 09:421 edit
    You need something to eat man, if that's all you think of my posts.

You meant this insult to be a shame to me.
    But you are the one following my posts carefully eating what you insult.

Why follow me around hoping to get another drink of liquefied feces if that's all you smell?
    Stop hanging on every thread I start then before your mouth evolves into the shape of a toilet.
    You're just angry sonship.

This is discussion forum and protocol and basic honesty dictates that posters give credit to their sourses, you never do. You like to reflect the ideas of others as though they were your own. I don't like this, I think it is dishonest. I also disagree with many of your very strange beliefs and call you out over them.

If you don't like being challenged in a forum then I suggest, as has been suggest many many times before, that you start a blog somewhere.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree