Large ocean of water found inside the earth

Large ocean of water found inside the earth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
04 Mar 07

It seems as though scientists have discovered a large ocean of water inside of the earths crust. Noah's ark anyone?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20070302/sc_livescience/hugeoceandiscoveredinsideearth

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
04 Mar 07

The amount that's in the Arctic Ocean? Well, you only need a million such regions and you'd have all the water you need for the Flood.

w

Moves
04 Mar 07

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
The amount that's in the Arctic Ocean? Well, you only need a million such regions and you'd have all the water you need for the Flood.
So where did you get this number? Off the top of your head perhaps?

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
04 Mar 07

Originally posted by whodey
So where did you get this number? Off the top of your head perhaps?
I've done the math in posts here before. I can't be bothered to look it up again when I know it'll be just discounted as "Math? Well I'll believe the Bible before I believe Math!".

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
04 Mar 07

It seems as though scientists have discovered a large ocean of water inside of the earths crust. Noah's ark anyone?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20070302/sc_livescience/hugeoceandiscoveredinsideearth
Amen, brother Whodey. Here is another exciting discovery:

http://momof9splace.com/hell.html

"Hell is a real place, and scientists have found it, and it is in the center of the earth."

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Mar 07
1 edit

Well so much for the ocean theory, if you had actually read the piece you would have found out what they are talking about is a large chunk of rock with a 15% water content. Not exactly an ocean. That's 85% rock.

m

Moves
04 Mar 07

Originally posted by sonhouse
Well so much for the ocean theory, if you had actually read the piece you would have found out what they are talking about is a large chunk of rock with a 15% water content. Not exactly an ocean. That's 85% rock.
Not only that, but plate tectonics would grind to a halt without the water there. Don't think there's any evidence of that having happened recently.

w

Moves
04 Mar 07

My only purpose in posting this thread was to point out that science continues to find water sources within our own planet. There is no question that if the account of Noah's ark occured it occured via supernatural forces. The Bible only says that water fell from above and came up from the fountains of the deep. I am only pointing out that perhaps there is enough existing water in and on and above the planet earth to do the job as previously thought impossible.

E

Moves
04 Mar 07

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Amen, brother Whodey. Here is another exciting discovery:

http://momof9splace.com/hell.html

"Hell is a real place, and scientists have found it, and it is in the center of the earth."
what is disturbing is that it links the bible to the core of the earth and gives the possiblity that it is real (although it doesnt prove it), and you do not die you just burn more

m

Moves
04 Mar 07

My only purpose in posting this thread was to point out that science continues to find water sources within our own planet. There is no question that if the account of Noah's ark occured it occured via supernatural forces. The Bible only says that water fell from above and came up from the fountains of the deep. I am only pointing out that perhaps there is ...[text shortened]... ting water in and on and above the planet earth to do the job as previously thought impossible.
If you believe in supernatural forces then surely you don't need there to be enough existing water on and above the planet for God to have caused the flood, he could have just made it appear and disappear.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
04 Mar 07

My only purpose in posting this thread was to point out that science continues to find water sources within our own planet. There is no question that if the account of Noah's ark occured it occured via supernatural forces. The Bible only says that water fell from above and came up from the fountains of the deep. I am only pointing out that perhaps there is ...[text shortened]... ting water in and on and above the planet earth to do the job as previously thought impossible.
And I'm telling you that even if the entire Earth was 15% water that still wouldn't be enough to cover the tallest mountain plus a few extra cubits.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
04 Mar 07

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
And I'm telling you that even if the entire Earth was 15% water that still wouldn't be enough to cover the tallest mountain plus a few extra cubits.
There are mountains which do have a tendency to rise, Sister X. Sea fossils have been found on very high altitudes.

These facts don't prove anything about a story or report in the Bible, but they certainly disprove your way of reasoning.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
04 Mar 07

Originally posted by ivanhoe
There are mountains which do have a tendency to rise, Sister X. Sea fossils have been found on very high altitudes.

These facts don't prove anything about a story or report in the Bible, but they certainly disprove your way of reasoning.
Yes, the Himalayas are rising at an inch a year. That;d be a whopping 250 feet in the last 3,000 years, or 500 feet in the last 6,000 years.

Oh wait, Mt Everest is 29,000 feet high....

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
04 Mar 07

Originally posted by mrstabby
If you believe in supernatural forces then surely you don't need there to be enough existing water on and above the planet for God to have caused the flood, he could have just made it appear and disappear.
God is not a magician. God's ways are different.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
04 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by scottishinnz
Yes, the Himalayas are rising at an inch a year. That;d be a whopping 250 feet in the last 3,000 years, or 500 feet in the last 6,000 years.

Oh wait, Mt Everest is 29,000 feet high....
Then how come, Mr Rational, that sea-fossils have been found on mountains on very high altitudes ?