1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '23 11:59
    The only appearance of characters [and a storyline] that were explicitly Christian portrayed them as monsters. A rather predictable cheap shot by 'Hollywood', I think.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '23 13:53
    @fmf said
    The only appearance of characters [and a storyline] that were explicitly Christian portrayed them as monsters. A rather predictable cheap shot by 'Hollywood', I think.
    So you got to E8! I thought you would have given up.

The woke episodes are a bit cringy but I didn’t mind the series overall as it was well put together. I’ll give S2 a chance.

As for E8 I thought it was excellent; pure horror and humanity at its lowest start to finish. Rape, murder, cannibalism, religious mental abuse, torture it’s got it all. David is a hateful piece of human waste. The penicillin medication scene was a bit of a nonsense though.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '23 14:24
    @divegeester said
    As for E8 I thought it was excellent; pure horror and humanity at its lowest start to finish. Rape, murder, cannibalism, religious mental abuse, torture it’s got it all. David is a hateful piece of human waste.
    The only presence Christianity had in the show was, surprise surprise, ultra-negative.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '23 14:26
    @divegeester said
    The woke episodes are a bit cringy but I didn’t mind the series overall as it was well put together. I’ll give S2 a chance.
    Ooh, I didn't notice any "woke episodes".
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '23 14:39
    @fmf said
    Ooh, I didn't notice any "woke episodes".
    I’m referring to the one with the two ageing gay guys and the other one where Ellie has a lesbian encounter with a … yes you guessed it a black girl.

Not woke, more virtuous DE&I.
    Added nothing to the series, the story nor the characters.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '23 14:52
    @divegeester said
    I’m referring to the one with the two ageing gay guys and the other one where Ellie has a lesbian encounter with a … yes you guessed it a black girl.

You'd have preferred, for the story's sake, that everyone was white and heterosexual?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '23 15:14
    @fmf said
    You'd have preferred, for the story's sake, that everyone was white and heterosexual?
    Lol, ok.

No I would have preferred it if two episodes hadn’t been wasted on exploring gay relationships in survival situations.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '23 15:47
    Maybe they could run a parallel series called

“the last of us gays”
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '23 23:36
    @divegeester said
    Lol, ok.

No I would have preferred it if two episodes hadn’t been wasted on exploring gay relationships in survival situations.
    Why was the only cannibalism portrayed in the series allotted to the only Christian characters? It was deliberate. If push were to come to shove in a post-apocalyptic world, would Christians be the first, and seemingly only people, to eat their fellow humans?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '23 07:171 edit
    @fmf said
    Why was the only cannibalism portrayed in the series allotted to the only Christian characters? It was deliberate. If push were to come to shove in a post-apocalyptic world, would Christians be the first, and seemingly only people, to eat their fellow humans?
    Were they a “Christian” group? I’d have to watch it again.

I thought they were some sort of cult following a charismatic leader. I can’t remember.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jun '23 08:03
    @divegeester said
    Maybe they could run a parallel series called

“the last of us gays”
    Bruised your precious sensibilities, did they?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jun '23 08:03
    @fmf said
    I doubt it.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Jun '23 08:19
    @divegeester said

The episodes were true to the video game the series is based on.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '23 09:13
    @suzianne said
    Not at all. What an odd thing to say.

Perhaps you either didn’t read my post or chose to read something into it.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '23 07:41
    @suzianne said
    Touched a nerve.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree