1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 00:372 edits
    just don't understand the amount of christian abuse on this forum.... i'm not a christian but even i understand it from their point of view.... their religion is based on faith!!!

all these non believers coming up with all these scientific and in depth questions trying to catch out the christian belief... don't you get it??? religion is not based on science or solid fact, it is a feeling of what is right.... no amount of difficult questions or scientific fact are going to diminish that feeling. whatever you come up with, they will just come back with quotes from the bible that, to a christian, holds more fact than any science lab. why are so many people on here trying to devalue or discredit christianity, does is hold any less weight than your beliefs?

if a belief in god is based on proof, it is no longer based on faith....

i say leave the christians alone and stop blaming their god for all this hardship and death in the world. if your belief belongs to the world of science, you can blame that instead, it has still to come up with a cure for cancer and aids
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 01:03
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    just don't understand the amount of christian abuse on this forum.... i'm not a christian but even i understand it from their point of view.... their religion is based on faith!!!

all these non believers coming up with all these scientific and in depth questions trying to catch out the christian belief... don't you get it??? religion is not based on s ...[text shortened]... science, you can blame that instead, it has still to come up with a cure for cancer and aids
    When the christians agree to respect the wall of separation between church and state, I will leave them alone. Until then, the abuse goes on as normal...
  3. Standard memberPureRWandB
    CCC Club Leader
    Denver, CO
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 08:051 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    When the christians agree to respect the wall of separation between church and state, I will leave them alone. Until then, the abuse goes on as normal...
    The issue regarding "Separation of Church and State": Originally our forefathers wrote about it to keep the Goverment out of the Church, not the other way around.

To back up my claims, Go to www. wallbuilders.com or read http://www.beliefnet.com/story/154/story_15469_1.html

Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"

2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 10:02
    Originally posted by eatmybishop

all these non believers coming up with all these scientific and in depth questions trying to catch out the christian belief... don't you get it??? religion is not based on s ...[text shortened]... science, you can blame that instead, it has still to come up with a cure for cancer and aids
    It's not their god that pisses me off. It's them.

ANYBODY stupid enough to be older than 8 years of age and still believing in gods, fairies, garden gnomes and ghosts deserves to have the piss taken out of them.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 10:26
    Originally posted by PureRWandB
    The issue regarding "Separation of Church and State": Originally our forefathers wrote about it to keep the Goverment out of the Church, not the other way around.

To back up my claims, Go to www. wallbuilders.com or read http://www.beliefnet.com/story/154/story_15469_1.html

Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"

2 Chronicles ...[text shortened]... ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
    No, you're wrong. The wall of separation is designed to keep government out of the churches AND to keep the churches out of the government. It works both ways, with neither interfering with the affairs of the other. Perhaps you should spend less time at disreputable sites, like beliefnet.com.
  6. Isle of Skye
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 11:48
    In general, Christians do agree with the separation of church and state. I am a Christian, I do not think the queen should be the the head of the church of England. Do some reading on the Scottish National Covenant of 1638. Many Christians in Scotland died for the cause of separating church and state, that is why the two are separate in Scotland. If that is your justification for abusing Christianity then I suggest that it is merely through ignorance.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 11:57
    Originally posted by princeoforange
    In general, Christians do agree with the separation of church and state. I am a Christian, I do not think the queen should be the the head of the church of England. Do some reading on the Scottish National Covenant of 1638. Many Christians in Scotland died for the cause of separating church and state, that is why the two are separate in Scotland. ...[text shortened]... your justification for abusing Christianity then I suggest that it is merely through ignorance.
    Your ignorance of American evangelism is apparent. Perhaps you have a more enlightened breed of christians in your small part of the world, but there are a sizable number of christians here who would like nothing better than to make this country a christian nation. This growing menace will not wither away of its own accord, but must be vigilantly combated at every step.
  8. Isle of Skye
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 11:58
    Your ignorance of American evangelism is apparent. Perhaps you have a more enlightened breed of christians in your small part of the world, but there are a sizable number of christians here who would like nothing better than to make this country a christian nation. This growing menace will not wither away of its own accord, but must be vigilantly combated at every step.
    Being a Christian nation is not the same as amalgamation of church and state. The first is eminently beneficial, the second is not right.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 12:00
    Being a Christian nation is not the same as amalgamation of church and state. The first is eminently beneficial, the second is not right.
    Neither of them is 'right' or 'beneficial' in any sense.
  10. Isle of Skye
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 12:01
    Neither of them is 'right' or 'beneficial' in any sense.
    What detriment does it cause to a state to have a Christian constitution?
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 12:05
    What detriment does it cause to a state to have a Christian constitution?
    It infringes upon the rights of all non-christians. That much should be apparent.
  12. Isle of Skye
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 12:05
    It infringes upon the rights of all non-christians. That much should be apparent.
    In what way?
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 12:07
    In what way?
    Are you daft?
  14. Isle of Skye
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 12:10
    Are you daft?
    No, I'm simply asking you to substantiate your statements!
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Jun '07 12:15
    No, I'm simply asking you to substantiate your statements!
    Why don't you tell me why you think a christian constitution does not infringe upon the rights of non-christians?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree