1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 20:36
    You know I would hate to be wrong on this Christian issue. I have never been able to buy into the Christian belief for a million reasons, but what if I'm wrong ? I will really be up #hit creek. I'm been a real creep at times in my life, and I'm no saint to say the least. I hope I'm not judged by a non liberal. I hope God is a big time Liberal, and He cut's me some big time slack. I hope God is a peace, and love hippie type.
  2. Standard memberRSMA1234
    The Guvnor....!!!!
    The Dark Side
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 20:48
    Originally posted by buckky
    You know I would hate to be wrong on this Christian issue. I have never been able to buy into the Christian belief for a million reasons, but what if I'm wrong ? I will really be up #hit creek. I'm been a real creep at times in my life, and I'm no saint to say the least. I hope I'm not judged by a non liberal. I hope God is a big time Liberal, and He cut's me some big time slack. I hope God is a peace, and love hippie type.
    take it to debates or spirituality spanky.....🙄
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 20:57
    "... millon reasons"

Wondering which ones might rank as the top three.
  4. Illinois
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 21:111 edit
    God is a big time liberal, and Jesus Christ is the big time slack that you have been cut. All you need to do is place your faith in Him as Lord and Savior.

It's not called "The Good News" for nothin'.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 22:11
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    God is a big time liberal, and Jesus Christ is the big time slack that you have been cut. All you need to do is place your faith in Him as Lord and Savior.

oh jesus
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 23:145 edits
    Bucky, I don't know about your "million" reasons. But I can tell you that the deep peace and assurance that I am reconciled to God is not a matter in God being sentimental or loose in a flower child kind of way.

Justice has taken place on the cross of Jesus on our behalf. In the death of Christ on His cross justice was imputed by a righteous Judge on behalf of the sinner.

It is not as if God has said "Well, I know you didn't mean it. Let's just forget about it. I forgive you."

No, it is not a sentimental forgiveness. It is a forgiveness of which you can be assured deep within your being because you know that in your place, Christ the Son of God, has taken the penalty of your sins upon Himself.

Listen to this passage:

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)

In this passage it is not that God is faithful and merciful to forgive. (Though He is merciful). This verse emphasizes that God is faithful and RIGHTEOUS to forgive us our sins for Christ's sake.

In other words it is the RIGHTEOUS thing for God to do. Righteousness is the foundation of God's throne. For Christ's sake, whether He likes you or He doesn't like you, it is RIGHTEOUS for Him to forgive you because Jesus is the propitiation for our sins.

Never forget this. For Christ's sake God is faithful and RIGHTEOUS to forgive us our sins - who believe into Christ, who confess our sins based upon Christ the Savior.

This is judicial. This is official. This is irrevocable. This is a matter of God being true to His own eternally righteous being. He has to forgive you . You have been judged already - in Christ, on His cross, JUSTICE has been imputed on your behalf.

That is the way it works if you trust your salvation to Jesus Christ.

In other words your sins have been forgotten. He doesn't remember once you come to Christ. The matter is settled by the justice of Calvary on the sinner's behalf.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 23:141 edit
    Originally posted by epiphinehas

don't listen to him Bucky, for God is not one to be mocked in this way! yes he is merciful, loving, just and loyal etc etc, but he is not guided by sentimentality like humans, those who use this loving manner as an excuse for loose conduct are missing the point! but you can have full confidence that he will take your individual circumstances into consideration.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 23:353 edits
    In other words Bucky,

You come to Christ believing. Your history becomes Jesus Christ. Your legacy becomes Jesus Christ. Your past becomes Jesus Christ.

Do you understand what I am saying to you ?

You come to Jesus believing. Your past becomes Jesus Christ. God looks upon you as if you had never sinned.

If you asked God to remember your sins after you have come to Jesus He might say "What are you talking about ?? I see you as if you never sinned at all. I don't even remember."

As far as the east is from the west so far does He remove our iniquites from us. How far is the east from the west? That is infinity.

God does not need you to grovel. He doesn't need your tears. He wants you to BELIEVE. Your tears do not cleanse away your sins. Even your tears have to be washed in the blood of Jesus. Your groveling and begging doesn't cleanse you. It is the blood of Jesus that cleanses you.

We can simply receive the gift of justification and thank Him. We believe and simply thank Him for this salvation. Fact comes first. Feeling follows fact. It is not the other way around.
  9. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 01:39
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "... millon reasons"

Wondering which ones might rank as the top three.
    I like Christians. They seem to want to live a better life, and in general they are decent people. I do have a problem with the doctrine. I always have. I was raised Christian, and it never took with me. You asked to name the top three reasons I can't seem to get involved with Christianity. Here they are.
    1. The idea of the angry God that was so ticked off with Adam and Eve that he sent them from the Garden, and sentenced all after that to go to Hell because of the Fall.
    2. God in his mercy sent his only Son as a Blood sacrifice for our sins. All those that believe in this concept will not go to Hell, but they will go to Heaven. The Attonement has always seemed nut's to me. The idea of a supreme being needing a Blood sacrifice appears to me to be avery primitive idea concerning God. The idea of anybody spending eternity in Hell seems cruel ,and savage to me. Hell in general rubs me the wrong way. Torture rubs me the wrong way too.
    3. The idea that all other religions are basically whistling Dixie when it comes to what they believe seems somewhat narrow ,and non thinking.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 02:23
    I like Christians. They seem to want to live a better life, and in general they are decent people. I do have a problem with the doctrine. I always have. I was raised Christian, and it never took with me. You asked to name the top three reasons I can't seem to get involved with Christianity. Here they are.
    1. The idea of the angry God that was so ticked off ...[text shortened]... ly whistling Dixie when it comes to what they believe seems somewhat narrow ,and non thinking.
    Thank you. Will reply with straight talk sans emotional fog or bull$hit. Before I do so, realize my "top three" was arbitrary. Any other biggies?
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 02:32
    Yes, God is a liberal, but don't expect her to cut you any slack.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 02:34
    What if God gave you complete forgiveness, except you had to
    accept it first?
    Kelly
  13. Gangster Land
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 03:38
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    What if God gave you complete forgiveness, except you had to
    accept it first?
    Kelly
    Heh...you make it sound so easy.

If God's forgiveness were a life preserver in a vast ocean it would be invisible with many rumors of its existence but zero actual sightings. Sure, there'd be plenty of people bobbing about in the sea claiming to be wearing an invisible life preserver, but the ones that don't seem a little daft are highly annoying.

Meanwhile, you (as the unforgiven) are expected to grab on to one of these invisible life preservers OR spend eternity paying for your "lack of faith". So there you are, faced with the biggest decision of your life. Join the seemingly crazy people with the invisible life preservers or spend an eternity getting biatch-slapped for being "faithless". All the time wondering why God (who claims to love you) would set the game up so that the most importat decision of your life (and your afterlife, as it were) has to be made with less information than you would collect before choosing a battery for your car.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 07:16
    1. The idea of the angry God that was so ticked off ...[text shortened]... ly whistling Dixie when it comes to what they believe seems somewhat narrow ,and non thinking.
    I suppose it depends on your perspective. Here is another for ya.

1. God spared Adam and Eve even though they rejected him. In fact, he allowed them to reproduce and here you are. There eternal fates are not mentioned.
    2. God in his mercy bit the bullet and sacrificed part of himself for our sins. Those who do not believe may or may not go to hell, this is up to God. All that is said is that mankind has the potential to excape its clutches via the sacrifice on the cross. This includes those who died before Christ even walked the earth for men such as Abraham, Moses, etc. whom we know escaped hell. If you want to ASSUME you know who escapes hell that is your choice but it is God's decision.
    3. All religions point to God, however, only one points to Christ. He either was or was not the key to salvation. As for being narrow minded, it is an exclusive statement one way or another in that respect. You either say it is pure bunk or the truth. Either way you could be branded narrow minded for either position.
  15. Illinois
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 09:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    don't listen to him Bucky, for God is not one to be mocked in this way! yes he is merciful, loving, just and loyal etc etc, but he is not guided by sentimentality like humans, those who use this loving manner as an excuse for loose conduct are missing the point! but you can have full confidence that he will take your individual circumstances into consideration.
    Who said anything about loose conduct?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree